Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

02

I hereby solemly swear, that the parties of Ms. Brittany Thomas, Ms. Erin Sibigtroth, Ms. Aimee Cando and myself, Ms. Fallon Bonham, will, in the foreseeable future, have become romantically involved with one of the species called "The Bandboys".

The four parties' names are to be signed below in blood (or red pen), in order to complete the deal.


Erin Elizabeth Sibigtroth
Brittany Lynn Thomas
Aimee Paulette Cando

and Fallon Elizabeth Bonham

And we had a pact. It was all done in nice, calligraphic writing, and signed in red. It looked quite awesome, if I do say so myself.

The bell signaling to the milling students to actually return to class, and that their freedom was over, rang.

Aimee, Erin and Brittany stood up, with their trays and shuffled towards the line of trash cans close to the exit.

"Hey, guys? I think I'm gonna hang back a second. I dropped something. You three go ahead!", I said hoping that my hurried excuse would please them.

It seemed to work. Aimee shrugged and Brittany said "See you in Chemistry."

They filed out. I glanced around the room. The cafeteria was void except for the four figures, and myself. Even the usual lunch ladies had high-tailed it outta there.

The boys were just horsing around, the way that boys do. Suddenly, as if dictated by a greater force, they each stood up, shoved their hands in their pockets and made for the door. The doors swung open, and with a swoosh, shut behind the last one, Ryan.

I sat for a moment, taking the empty cafeteria in. I then grabbed my notebook, open to the pact, and my bag and made for the door myself.

The late bell rang.

"Shit", I muttered under my breath.

I quickened my pace, hoping that Ms. Bates, our Chemistry teacher, would take the classic "girl problem" excuse.

I pushed open the door, at the same time as someone was opening it.

And I collided with them.

"Damnit! Sorry!", the person muttered, looking away. Checking to make sure that they hadn't dropped anything.

Their gaze flashed back to me, and I was met by a striking pair of brown eyes.

The notorious Ryan Ross.

"Shit, I'm sorry", he apologized, again. He reached out to help me up. Me, being the incompetent klutz I am, I had hit the floor with a nice thud, spilling the contents of my backpack. I had also dropped my notebook, which was open, near Ryan's right foot. I noticed that he had "right" and "left" written on the correct shoes.

He reached for my notebook, to which I was too. I snatched it from under his hand like a mental person. He gave me a strange look, and shrugged, letting it fly. I had heard that he wrote a lot of lyrics. He must understand the whole "Private Property" gig.

"Sorry", he said again, and mumbled something to himself.

"It's absolutely fine. Really, don't worry about it", I tried calming him down a bit when he started to help me gather the contents of my messenger bag.

He looked really flushed, like he had just took a sprint around the whole school. His hair was messy, as though he had been running his hands through it.

He looked reallyhotgorgeousbeautiful upset.

I realized I was staring. I looked away, back to the ground. He helped me gather the last of my things. I gave him a thankful half-smile, he nodded and walked past me, to the opposite doors of the cafeteria.

I mentally slapped myself for staring.

Only one thing.

He was staring too.

Ryan's POV
"Damnit, Brendon! It's my song, I think we should do it the way it was meant to be written!", I nearly shouted, grabbing my pen and notebook.

"Yeah, well it's my band, and I think that we should do it my way!", he retorted with slight venom.

That hurt. Honestly, we had all been wanting a band since seventh grade. And he wanted to take the credit.

Spence and Jon really didn't know what to do. I didn't blame them a bit. I would have stayed out of the fight, too.

With Brendon's last biting remark, I turned on my heel, and headed for the door into the cafeteria. We were standing around the entrance, half-skipping class, half just being late.

I opened the door, only to run into some innocent person.

She fell backwards, her stuff spilling out of her backpack.

"Damnit! Sorry!", I rushed to apologize. I looked down, to see if I had dropped anything, and to look for stuff of hers that might have ended up on the ground due to my inability to do anything right, let alone walk through a door.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I reached down to help her, and to help her gather her things.

A notebook, open to some random page, was near my feet. I reached for it, thinking it was a class notebook.

She grabbed it so quickly, I didn't realize she had it, until I had touched the floor that had, a moment ago, been concealed by the notebook.

"Sorry", I stated again. "I'm such a moron."

"It's absolutely fine. Really, don't worry about it", she said.

I helped her gather her things and she stood there for a second, just looking at me.

I didn't realize that I was looking at her too, until she broke the trance-like stare.

She gave a tiny smile, to which I nodded. I walked off, hoping that I could go to the nurse, and go home with a 'stomach ache'. I was so sick of Brendon's crap.

But one thing stayed in my mind all the way to the sterile nurses' office.

A shocking pair of violet-blue eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
:cheese: