Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

04

Lucky for me, my sharp intake of breath was covered for when yet another voice approached.

"Yo, Ryan, what're ya doing on the floor?"

I let my head droop back to the hard linoleum. I was seriously relieved. I mean, that awkward feeling was intensifying yet again. You know. The whole thing with Ryan and the staring in the cafeteria earlier.

"Oh, just hanging out, Jon. Nothin' much", Ryan retorted with a high level of sarcasm. If there were a meter that measured the level of sarcasm used in a single phrase, that reading would have been skyrocketing off the charts.

Once again, Ryan stood up, brushed off hisskintight jeans, and held out a hand, palm up. I stared at it, like a retard, waiting for something to happen. Erin was having some sort of psychotic attack next to me, staring at Jon. Aren't we just the most amazing people you've ever seen? Or, in this case, read? Yeah, that was extreme sarcasm there too.

The warning bell rang, breaking me out of my mentally handicapped state, and allowing my previously immobile arm to reach up and grab Ryan's warm, and slightly calloused hand, with my soft, pale,sweaty one.

I muttered a thank you, grabbed Erin and careened into English, nearly knocking over a small shelf of books, with about half a second to spare before the bell.

"Thank you so much for joining us, Ms. Bonham and Ms. Sibigtroth", Mr. Trowley drawled. "Ah, glad you could join us, Mr. Walker. I'm sure you will be more than happy to read an excerpt of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet for us today."

Erin stared at Jon like a deer caught in the headlights of a speeding semi. I once again dragged her to a pair of empty seats near the back of the room. I sat her down. She was even paler than usual, with a slight pink tinge to her porcelain face. "You so like him", I poked her in the side.

Her face flushed darker. "Yeah, well you like Ryaaaannnn", she sang.

"Is there something you would like to share, girls?", the evil English teacher interrupted Jon's wonderfully acted out reading of a passage from Romeo and Juliet.

"No, Mr. Trowley", we chimed.

"I'm sure of it", he replied.

What Erin said caused a revelation. Maybe I did like him. No, that can't be. I'm only after him because of that stupid pact. There's no reason I should actually be attracted to him. Right?

I gave up thinking about it, and actually began to take notes. However, I mostly just ended up doodling off on the margin of the page. Erin was drawing a picture of an elephant named Crumly. She also wrote a story about him. It must have been really funny, considering she snorted, covered it with a horribly fake sneeze, and buried her head in her sweatshirt sleeve, just to stop Mr. Trowley from noticing her laughter.

Class moved even slower than Chemistry. Who would've thought that to be even possible?

Erin and I were cracking up at the little stick-figure she had drawn to accompany Crumly the Elephant as we walked out of the stuffy English classroom. It was a guy in a taco suit. Who wouldn't find that funny? Well, probably just about any normal human. But, we're just that cool.

We ambled out, considering it was the last class of the day. We managed to, somehow, at the exact same time, walk out of the English class as Aimee was walking out of Physics. Yeah, she's in AP Physics. She's a smart-ass. But don't tell her that, it'll go straight to her head.

And who was following her? None other than a certain Sir Brendon Urie.

"So, you guys'll meet us at McDonalds at 5:30?", she asked him, nonchalantly. As though it was completely normal to be talking to the unofficial leader of the group of mysterious boys that were the ultimate game at our school.

"Yeah, we'll catch up with you girls right after band practice", he flashed that classic smile.

I could see Aimee practically melt to a puddle. Somehow she kept her composure. "See you then", she smiled back.

As Brendon walked off, she stared down the hall at him, until he disappeared from view. No doubt, because of those glorious tight black jeans.

"What was that about?", Erin questioned, mildly awestruck.

Aimee's smile grew. It was that 'if-I-were-a-dog-Id-have-peed-myself-by-now', excited smile.

"We're hanging out with them after school!", she just about shouted, earning a resolute glare from a passing art chick.

"Are you serious?", I exclaimed, nearly pouncing on my lovely Asian friend then and there. Instead, I just gave her a completely air-restricting hug.

Erin joined in, "Aimee, we totally owe you one."

Then Brittany appeared.

"Why are we all hugging? Did someone die?", she asked dumbfounded.

We just about died laughing, it was that typical of her.

"Brittany, keep yer pants on, but Aimee just earned us a little date with the BANDBOYS!", I clued her in.

Brittanys jaw hung open. Aimee pretended to buff her nails on her Invader Zim hoodie proudly.

"No. Fuckin. Way", were the only words Brittany produced.

"Yes fuckin way, my dear!", Aimee said. "They won't even know what hit em!"

And boy, were we gonna make sure of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
I'll love yew 4evr if u do!!!
lyk, omggggg

Haha! Okay (: