Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

05

I walked into the nurse's office, and plopped down convincingly onto the crinkly, paper-covered cot.

I explained that my stomach was hurting, and asked if I could be granted a pass to go home.

She went through the whole routine of asking "Did you eat anything strange?", "Are you going to get sick?", etc., and I answered with a fair bit of dignity.

Well, as much as you can have while surrounded by kids suffering from various degrees of sick.

She took my temperature, and checked the screen. When she noted the normal 98.6 temp, she clucked her tongue, wrote a pass for me, and sent my on my way. I must have spent a grand total of two minutes in there. Great.

I shoved my hands deep into my pockets, and shuffled my feet, kicking imaginary dirt on my way to Chemistry.

I walked in quietly, handed the teacher my pass, and sat down nearer to the back.

About a second after I got into my seat, the door opened again.

She walked in, and muttered something to the teacher.

Since when was she in this class?
Probably since the beginning of the school year, dumb-ass.
Well, don't go yelling at me! You're just a voice in my head.
Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you happy.
Whatever.

She surveyed the room for a seat, of course, the only empty one is right next to me. Her friend hissed something at her, to which she replied with a shrug. She slid into the empty seat, and took out a notebook. She looked out of the corner of her eye at me. Her black and blue hair draped over most of her face, and her neck. I held her stare for a moment. Those eyes. The ones that would probably haunt my dreams later tonight. An unbelievable blue, so dark it was purple.

She started writing, but ended up doodling in the margins of her notebook.

I stole this idea, and took out a notebook of my own. Except, my doodles turned into writing. Something about a pair of blue eyes.

The bell rang, causing that girl to jump up, as if possessed, and run out of the class. Her friend got up too, and wandered into the hall.

My gaze followed them. I, too, stood up, and tore the page out of my notebook. I tossed it into the trash can, and walked out of the room.

When I got into the hall, the girl and her friend were nowhere to be found. Not that I made a note of it or anything, I just was observant.

I turned down the hall, only to see Brendon leaning against a locker near the classroom door. Probably waiting for me.

"Hey", I mumbled, once again, fascinated with the non-existent dirt on the floor.

He sniffed, "Hey."

"Look, man, I'm sorry- ", we both started at the same time. We looked at each other, dumbstruck, then started laughing.

"Friends again?", he questioned.

"Friends again", I confirmed.

It was like nothing had ever happened. Why is that girls can't seem to do the whole 'forgive and forget thing'? If Brendon and I were two chicks, then we would have ended up starting some demented rumor about the other one, and hating each other's guts. Not that I'm questioning Brendon's gender. But, how do you explain his amazing ability to squeeze into those uber-tight jeans? Yeah, I thought so. You don't have an explanation. But, that's not the point.

We made our way down the hall, laughing at something entirely random, and stupid, until Brendon had to head off to the Physics room. Dork.

He turned off, we exchanged "seeyas" and "laters", and I turned towards the math wing, for Calc.

Then it hit me. Literally. Like a train.

I hit the ground with a groan. The train uttered an "oof."

I gave a strangled laugh. It was her, and a girl I had come to know as Erin.

Erin was laying in a strange position, lengthwise across her.

"We have to stop meeting like this", I half-laughed.

I met her gaze, which was immediately broken, by Jon, Master of Timing.

"Yo, Ryan, what're ya doing on the floor?", he questioned. How typical.

"Oh, just hanging out, Jon. Nothin' much", I retorted, earning a glance that said 'watch it' from Jon.

I stood up, and brushed off. I held out a hand to her, which she stared at.

The warning bell rang. Something seemed to kick in her mind, and she grabbed my hand.

Good grief, I need to find out her name.

Her hand was soft, and warm. It felt safe, and comforting.

Wait. No. Bad Ryan. Bad, bad Ryan. You don't know her. Bad.

I helped her up. She gave a rushed "thanks", and grabbed her friend, who gave a small, shocked wave, and just about flew into the classroom.

The late bell rang. Jon and I said our "laters", and whatnot.

He walked into the class. I could hear Mr. Trowley start lecturing an undoubtedly late Jon.

The last period of the day meant a free period, or study hall for me.

This brought a sigh of relief to my lips. Free period meant I could do whatever the hell I wanted for a whole 52 minutes.

I made a beeline for the music room.

The one place I felt sane, in this hellhole we call a high school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot.
Chapter 5.
You like?
You tell me (:

....... blah....