Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

06

Well, I must say. For a couple of slightly retarded freaks, we clean up pretty dang good.

I had gone home with Erin. Brittany had to run home to get clothes, and pick her eight year old brother up, and Aimee needed to, well, get clothes too. I just so happened to have stuff at Erin's. What? I spend the night a lot!

I know you probably don't want me to run though what we all dolled up to look like, but I'm doing it anyways.

Erin was running a brush through her naturally thick, blonde and black hair. The blonde was real; The black...not so much.

As far as her clothes. She looked hot. That's not weird to say about your best friend, right? Hah. Uh. Anyways.

She was wearing bright red drainpipes, black and white checkered Vans and a t-shirt that read "I heart 'I heart' shirts."

Her makeup was immaculate, as usual. Not surprising. She was amazing at doing makeup.

Brittany was looking unbelievably cute, as usual. Her short frame was dressed in plain, light wash skinny jeans and a "Break Dance Not Hearts" t-shirt. Ever the Fall Out Boy obsessor. Oh, and her mismatched Converse that everyone scribbled on in Sharpie, the last day of eighth grade.

Aimee, the exotic Asian of the group; ripped skinny jeans and a My Chemical Romance concert t-shirt. Plus, black low tops and little makeup - it's not like she needs it.

As for me. Well, you couldn't say that I dressed to impress.

I had plain, skin-tight black drainpipes on, with mismatched pink and black low tops. I wore a simple black and white horizontal striped tank, and a snug, plain black hoodie. I pleaded with Erin to do my makeup, which she complied to. It was bright blue towards the inside corners of my eyes, then blended to black nearer the outside. It matched my hair perfectly. Speaking of my hair, it was pin straight (I strive to beat it with a straightener every day...). Part of my hair was all spiky 'cause of the way it was layered, so I decided to gel it up. The rest hung long, and straight, down to my lower back.

Now, that wasn't so bad. Okay.

Yeah, it really was.

We were currently sitting in the parked car. Brittany was in the driver's seat. She may be the shortest of the group, but she was the only sane driver. We were supposed to meet them in the McDonald's parking lot at 5:30. Then, we'd all decide what to do from there.

The silence gobbled up the atmosphere. It wasn't a bad silence - just a boring one.

Brittany giggled quietly. All attention snapped to her.

"We're hanging out with the most sought after boys in school. I can't freaking believe it", she rambled.

I patted her head.

"Indeed, it's hard to believe. We must celebrate with sparkling grape juice and Pay-Per-View movies later dearest!," I reminded her that we were all coming to her house after this expedition.

She has the biggest TV. It's only right.

Erin was zoning out, paying attention to the cars passing on the highway in front of the parking lot.

"Guys! They're here!," she interrupted our argument about whether or not milk really comes out of your nose when you laugh to hard. So far, I was winning that it does.

The nerves in the pit of my stomach sent a steady thrum to my brain, reminding me that I was nervous. I took a few deep breaths, checked my hair and makeup and got out of the car, followed by Aimee, who was in the backseat with me. Then, Erin and Brittany got out. They were checking their faces too. Longer than me. Hah. They're a bunch of girls.

Wait, I think I just dissed myself.

Ah, fuck it. It hurts to think about it.

The boys walked across the parking lot slowly, all had their hoods up and their hands in their pockets - no surprise. Ryan, however, was the only one staring at the cracked blacktop. The rest were looking straight ahead, most likely at the odd bunch of girls approaching them.

We walked equally slowly.

Well, until I had to be, well, me and do that slow-mo run they do on Baywatch, the rest of the way to them.

The four amused boys stopped, and stood in a perfectly uniform line.

In my head, I was thinking that they seemed like a...lively bunch.

Yeah, more sarcasm.

Well, I was thinking that until a certain Brendon broke out of his place in the line, between Ryan (oops, I think my heart just died for a second there) and Jon.

He started the same, phony Baywatch run to the median point between the two groups of people.

It looked a lot like a shootout. And Brendon and I were...going to shoot each other? Gah, I don't know why my mind thinks these thoughts.

Brendon sorta beat me to the middle, and stopped, which I wasn't expecting. Thus, I crashed right into him, sending the two of us to the ground.

"Owww", I rubbed my head. "Sorry. I seem to be bowling people over a lot today."

He just looked at me and giggled like a kid.

"It's okay", he stuck out the hand he wasn't using to rub his head. "Hi, I'm Brendon."

Not as if I didn't know that.

I goofily smiled and shook his hand.

"Hi. My name's Bones."

He gave me a look that basically said 'Hell naw'.

"There's no way your parents gave you the birth name 'Bones'."

I giggled. "That's a secret for me to know, and you to maybe find out."

He grinned madly and looked back to the three other boys.

"This is Bones. My new bestest buddy in the whole wide world!"

The three boys and three girls approached on either side. They all stared at us. Which is when I realized that I was still sitting on the pavement. And there were several cars lined up, waiting for us to move out of the Drive-Thru line.

"Ah, don't run me over!," I squealed and ran for the side entrance of McDonald's. I saw Brittany shaking her head, and Aimee was sprinting to catch up with my mad dash. Erin was chanting "fries, fries, fries".

I was running as hard as I could. Which apparently wasn't very fast. Considering Brendon shot up out of nowhere and gained the distance to take the lead in three bounds. Well, until he slammed into the door.

Which, in a domino effect caused myself, then Aimee, then Erin to hit the person in front of them, then tumble to the ground.

I mean, there were a bunch of eleven year olds laughing at us.

Jon was the first on the scene.

"Pull, not push, moron", he said to Brendon.

Brendon just mumbled curses and something about shoving his "goddamn flip-flops so far up his ass".

Brittany shook her head, and flushed pink when she noticed Spencer, who hadn't said anything thus far, looking at her. He was caught, and snapped his gaze away, and to a pretty garbage can.

She helped Erin up, still with a slight dazed look. Erin grabbed for her hand, which Brittany must have forgot about, 'cause when Erin put the slightest amount of weight into Brittany's hand, Brittany came tumbling down on her.

Which was pretty funny. 'Cause Brittany was straddling Erin in the middle of the walkway outside of McDonald's.

I giggled at them, and turned away, back to notice Aimee offering a helping hand to a pouting Brendon.

Then a comment was directed at me.

"Need a hand?", Ryan said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah, you go ahead and do the rest DX