Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

07

I blushed, looked away, and grabbed his hand. In one swift movement, I was on my feet.

Everyone besides the two of us had already entered the restaraunt.

I laughed at how they had abandoned us.

He looked at me with a rather sexy smirk.

"So, is it customary for you to run into people the first times you interact with them?"

I smirked back, with equal, uh, smirkage.

That was lame.

You don't have to tell me twice.

"Only the ones I like."

He let out a short laugh.

"Shall we?", he gestured to the door.

I linked elbows with him. "Of course, fine sir!"

"Fine sir?", he snorted.

"Bite me."

"Where and how hard?", Erin appeared next to us.

We were now standing in the line for food.

She smiled like a retard, and we recieved a collective strange look from Brendon, Ryan, Spencer, and Jon.

Jon elbowed Spencer, "Hey, I'm thinking hanging out with these chicks won't be such a bad thing."

Of course, Aimee and Brittany weren't paying any mind until Jon spoke up. Because it's totally normal to ask your friend where you want to be bitten.

I really need to tone down the sarcasm. Eh, a project for a later date.

Finally, it was our turn to order. As tradition states, each of us (the girls) got a small fry. We dumped all the fries onto the tray and shared the communal fry.

The guys got whatever food they wanted, and we pushed two tables together to accommodate everyone.

Considering I don't go anywhere without my camera, I started snapping pictures as soon as fries were being put in noses and ears. Somehow, I got a picture of Brendon sharing a fry with Spencer.

It's alot like that scene in Lady and the Tramp with the spaghetti. Haha.

Everyone was laughing, and enjoying themselves. For some reason, the eight of us got along perfectly - as though we had been friends for years, not just a matter of hours.

But, my karma sucks, and the one thing that could ruin it walked in the door.

Remember how I mentioned that I was once a -twitch- prep?

Well, my ex-supposed best friend walked in. She was horrifically popular. And blonde. And a conformist. She has her clothes shipped in from her "stylist in L.A."

Everyone thought she was perfect.

Really, I held the key to her downfall.

I was once her confidant. She told me everything at one point in our friendship. I know things about her that could make a skeleton cry. And I don't intend to use it against her, unless she calls war. We promised not to have to pull out the big guns; she would be civil to me, and I to her.

With the 'whoosh' of outside air, she walked in, no doubt to get a salad. At McDonald's. Whatever.

I released a rather loud groan, and let my head drop to the table with a thud.

The table went silent. The guys were confused as hell, but the girls each knew what was going on. They were facing the entrance, watching as Julie shook out her blonde hair and pushed her sunglasses to the top of her head.

Brittany turned to me.

"If she comes over here, I might have to shove her stiletto heel up her nose so far, she'll be able to see it from the inside."

I laughed lowly. "Was that supposed to make sense?"

She shrugged, "It did in my head."

Then, a shadow loomed over the table.

"Hey Fallon", she bubbled to me. "Hey Ryan", she turned on the mega-watt smile with a seductive look. Or what was supposed to be seductive. It looked like a constipated face to me.

"Hi Julie", I brushed her off cooly. I was a bit angry at her blatant flirt with Ryan, who was sitting on my other side. I really couldn't avoid whatever reaction he had; probably swooning and kissing her feet. I was in between them.

His next words surprised me to my core, "Hi. Uh, who are you again?"

Her smile melted. It turned to a grimace. Then, to keep her composure as Brendon giggled like a girl and said "Ohhhh, snap! That was a burn!", she pasted on a horribly fake smile-frown.

"I'm Julie. Julie Roland. I'm in your homeroom", she pathetically attempted to remind him of who she was.

She tossed her hair so hard, I thought she would have snapped her neck, and sent her head flying out the window.

This thought made me burst out laughing. Julie just gave me a look.

"Sorry, the name's not all too familiar...", he grinned lopsidedly.

I laughed even harder, then fell over onto Brittany, who was giggling in spite and causing everyone else to start laughing a bit.

Julie huffed, and left without even placing an order.

"Ryan. -laugh- Ross -giggle- You are. -laugh- My fucking hero!", I told him between laughs.

He grinned, and I swear his cheeks tinged a bit pink. But that could just be me.

Aimee piped up, "Her face was like....", and she made this awful grimace. Of which, I took a picture.

The next twenty minutes were spent trying to make sure Aimee didn't get my camera to delete the photo. Finally, I sat on her, and she gave up.

Spencer spoke up for the first time really that night, "What do you say we get out of here?"

A murmur of chorused agreement passed around the table.

Brittany was left taking the tray to the trash can.

Spencer, being the gentleman he is, offered to take it. Brittany's expression turned into a shy tomato.

Why a shy tomato? Well, her face was all red and she looked really shy. It was cute.

I walked with her, and Spencer out. When we went out the door, only two at a time fit, so Spencer went ahead. I took advantage of this.

"Someone's got a boyfriend, someone's got a boyfriend!", I stage whispered. I ran before Brittany could do anything to physically harm me. She still chased me around the parking lot twice.

By the time we had finished running like chickens with our heads cut off, and made a truce, we returned to the rest of the gang.

Erin was hanging upside down from the bicycle rack. As was Jon. Talk about kindred spirits.

Brendon and Aimee were having a conversation about socks and Ryan had challenged Spencer to a thumb war.

"One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war!", Ryan sang. Well, more like said melodically. Whatever.

"Five, six, seven, eight, I use this hand to masturbate!", was Spencer's reply.

Ryan hurriedly let go and ran to hide behind me.

Spencer blushed upon noticing Brittany's return. She giggled, and Aimee cooed, "Awwww, someone's in loooove!", which started a whole new round of chasing.

"Hey, uh, Spencer?", I drew his attention sweetly.

"Uh....huh?", he oh-so-intelligently replied.

"Do you uh, have the hots for my bestest little friend over there? The really short one chasing the asian?", I grinned like a madwoman.

His face turned dark pink and he looked away, "Uh, well, I don't know...mebejussa...littlebit?", he mumbled.

I grinned and clapped.

"Good enough for me!"

The vibrations of Ryan's laughter caused the hairs on the back of my neck to rise. It was only then that I noticed his hand was still on my shoulder from when he was 'hiding' from Spence.

"Uh, sorry", he removed his hand and took a step back. He looked away, taking interest on yet another pebble.

I was glad for the distraction of Aimee and Brittany returning, out of breath.

"Oh, dear, Fallon. How I love you, you shall never know!", Aimee decreed dramatically. She stumbled over to me. "I will have died too young, all at the hands of Crazy McCrazyface over there", she pointed over her shoulder and 'fainted' into my arms.

I dropped her, giggling at her and walked over to the rest of the group. Revenge for using my real name. She stood up.

When I got there, it sounded as though they had agreed to go to a park. Why a park? Well, I guess you can do whatever the hell you want, really. And there won't be any kids around at this time in the evening.

Sounded like a good plan to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh.