Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

Betrayal

Edward's Point Of View

I walked over to my friends.

"A human?" Alistair scoffed.

I frowned. "What is wrong with her?"

"Physically, absolutely nothing, but... she's a human." Alistair said.

"I think I... love her." I confessed.

Alistair and George started to laugh hysterically; Neville only shook his head at his friend’s reaction.

"Come on guys, he's serious." Neville growled.

The guys stopped because they knew how Neville got whenever he got mad.

"He can't love her, she's a mortal!" Alistair pointed out.

"And he's the Prince of Vampires... soon to be King." George added.

"Thank you for the reminder." I scowled at them.

"Look, we're just looking out for you. I mean, I've seen the way your mom looked at Emily and she's definitely not okay with it." Alistair lectured.

"You could be disowned for even thinking of spending eternity with her. Is she worth it?" George asked.

I hesitated a little.

[Is Emily worth giving up my position?] I thought.

"Yes." I answered in a whisper. "She's most definitely worth it."

"Hold up guys, you're leaving one tiny detail out... does she know whom you really are?" Neville asked and my dead heart sank.

"No." I answered.

"You have to tell her before you make any decisions." Neville said.

"Wait, Edward, think about this. You're not really going to give up Vampire Royalty for a...for a... mere human girl?!" Alistair looked like he was about to die... not possible of course.

"Yeah, I mean, look what you're going to lose for that girl," George starts to lift fingers as he counts. "One, hot vampire girls, two hot human girls, and three a chance at ruling the entire Vampire world!"

But as George counted those things nothing mattered because I would still have Emily besides me.

She's worth even more than Vampirism Royalty.

"I love her and I'm going to give it all up for her." I realized like something huge, Emily had taken over everything in my life. "I need to go find her."

I walked away from my friends and went back to the spot where I had left her, but she was gone.

I looked around frantically but I couldn't smell her any where near.

"Son," my mother called. "I think she's in the library." She smiled sweetly.

"Thank you." I was half-unsure of what to say of her kindness.

I walked out of the ball room and down the hall to the library.

[Wonder how she managed to open this door?] I thought as I opened it.

If I had a beaten heart it would have stopped right there and then.

"Emily" I said barely above a whisper, but this stopped her and... Matthew Heart-stein from... kissing. I felt like my world was crashing down.

But soon my sorrow turned into anger as I saw Matthew smirking.

[Guess she doesn't love you after all. Want to guess who taught her to kiss.] He thought to me.

I growled and the next few seconds where out of total instinct.Emily's Point of View

"I can't..." I tried to pull away from the kiss when somehow I had gotten some control over my body, but Matthew's grip tightens and he doesn't let go. I tried to use my hands to push him away but it was effortless, I might've as well tried to move a crane.

"Emily." It was barely above the whisper but I heard it and it was enough to make Matthew stop. He still had me in his grip, when I looked over I saw a heart-broken Edward, though he didn't really had a heart, well mine did stop.

I looked back and forth between Edward and Matthew; Matthew had a smirk on his face.

I heard a growl, a real growl. I looked over to Edward and the scene horrified me on the spot.

His eyes changed. The once brown chocolate, almost hazel eyes were dead black. His angry look scared me. Somehow, my eyes landed on his mouth and two canine-like teeth stood out... fangs.

Matthew releases me from his grip and I hear another growl, and this time it was Matthew.

He looked exactly like Edward.

"How.Dare.You?" Edward's voice changed too... it was demonic and I jumped.

Edward disappeared for a second and then reappeared in front of Matthew, Matthew didn't back down.

"I can't fight you M'lord." Matthew's voice was much deeper than Edward's.

"Lord?" My voice was rasp; I didn't know where I had found it.

But neither Edward nor Matthew had heard me because they were still looking at each other.

This was the moment when all of my suspicions became true. I knew this people were not human; I knew that there had to be a reason as to why they looked so beautiful. This was the moment when I realized they were... vampires!

This made me sick to my stomach and everything around me was getting smaller and smaller by the minute. All this time... they were vampires.

And something hit my heart like a huge punch.

Edward. He was a vampire, was all of his words lies? Did he really love me? Was I just another human girl? Just another one in his book with his countless others?

"I need to get out." I said to myself, I picked up the bottom of my dress and started walked out of the library unnoticed.

I ran down the hall towards the exit.

"Emily!" Joanna yelled, I whipped my head back to look at her, she had concern eyes.

[She's a vampire too.] I thought and without looking back I went out of the castle and down towards the valet parking boy.

He bowed his head.

"I need a car, please." I begged. He didn't hesitate because he saw how nervous I was.

The boy quickly came back with a car and opened the door.

"Get in." He said.

I got in and closed the door of the car. The boy started to drive fast.

He didn't speak until a few minutes later.

"Are you okay Miss?" He asked.

I wanted to cry so badly, the hurt was too much and I had never felt so betrayed in my life, not even when my father had left us.

"My father." Something hit me again, realization. "He's one of them too!"

[Then... then he... killed... mom.] I don't know why I didn't die right there and then of the pain inside of me. This was too much for me, I couldn't handle it.

"Where do you want me to take you?" He asked.

[My brothers and sister.] I quickly thought.

I told him to take me back to the Heart-stein residence.

"Back?" He was shocked.

"I need to get my brothers and sister." I said.

"I know people that can help you." He said out of nowhere.

"I'm pretty sure the police can't help me." I said.

He chuckled. "I'm not talking about the police, Emily."

I widened my eyes.

"How do you know my name?" I asked, now scared. "Are you one of them?!"

He scoffed. "Far from it. I'm human, don't worry."

"Prove it." I said.

"Well for one, my skin is not pale." He said his eyes on the road.

"Okay, true. Wait! How can you help me? Who are you? " There were so many questions.

"Glad you ask. My name is Nicholas, call me Nick. I work for a secret organization and we've been keeping a close watch on you."