Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

Will It Hurt?

“Will it hurt?” I asked my voice just above a whisper. I was looking down at the ground and played with my hands to keep him from seeing how nervous I was.

“For three days… you will go into an unconscious state… in pain.” He added darkly.

I took a deep sigh. “So, when do you want to… you know?” I moved my hands in circles.

“Not tonight, it’s too early. I want you to be completely sure, Emily.” Edward said seriously.

“I’ve never been so sure about something like this in my whole seventeen years of life.” I used his words and he smiled when he noticed.

{Next Morning}

Edward slept with me that night, now don’t go thinking wrong. He just watched me sleep as I learned that vampires don’t sleep much, according to him.

I woke up, and his eyes were on me.

“You sleep so quietly, for a moment I forgot you were breathing.” He smiled crookedly . He looked like an angel sent from heaven.

“Thank you?” I wasn’t sure if what he had said was either good or not.

He chuckled lightly and kissed my forehead.

“You’re so beautiful. I can’t wait so we can be together.” He brought me closer to his cold body and I involuntarily gave out a shiver. “Sorry.” He moved away.

“No, I don’t mind. I like the cold.” I said.

“Do you really?” His accent more noticeable than usual, made me so happy.

“Yes siree.” I smiled.

“There are lots of things to do for your ceremony, so let’s get started.” Edward said getting up from my bed.

[I wonder what Nicholas did. Did he leave? Or did he stay?] This thought somehow popped in my head.

Edward stepped out of my room so I could get dressed.

I got dressed into a simple skirt and blouse that hugged my curves.

When I stepped out of my room, I was suddenly shoved against the wall and a cold body pressed against me.

I glared at my aggressor.

“Matthew!” I hissed.

“Mr. Heart-stein, please.” He growled, he was definitely mad about something.

“Fine, Mr. Heart-stein, how can I be of assistance?” I gritted through my teeth.

“Are you really okay with Prince Edward being a vampire?” I widened my eyes, I hadn’t gotten used to the idea of Edward being royalty and all. Matthew caught that. “You’re still shocked his royalty, aren’t you?”

“Why would it matter to you anyways?” I spat.

“It matters to me more than you think.” He smirked.

“Look, you have Ms. Madeline, I don’t get why you are still so… crazed about us. You only want what you can’t have.” I explained.

Then, he took several steps back and I was no longer between the wall and Matthew. He looked like he had an epiphany or something. Like he had just realized what he has been doing.

“You’re right. I don’t know why, but… you’ve become a challenge something I’ve never had before.” He said more to himself than to me.

Perplexed and baffled, he walked away from me.

{Edward’s Point of View}

I left Emily’s room so she could get dressed. A maid passed by and she widened her eyes as she saw coming out of the room.

“My lord.” She curtsied.

I gestured her to stop the bow. She thanks me and goes.

I walked into the dining room and found the Heart-stein family having breakfast.

“My lord!” Evelyn exclaimed as she sprinted from her seat and so did Thomas but Matthew only glared at me.

“Matthew!” Evelyn hissed.

Reluctantly, Matthew rose from his seat and sat back down with the same glare on his face.

“May I ask what we owe such a lovely visit?” Evelyn smiled. I took the nearest seat available.

“I’m just here because of Emily, as you know she found out last night our little secret.” I looked over to Matthew whose expression had not changed.

“So, she sent you to hell?” Matthew smirked.

“Matthew!” His parents hissed.

I looked at him and grinned.

“Oh on the contraire, she has decided to… turn and become my wife… my queen… your queen.” I emphasized.

Matthew’s eyes widened and I smiled with satisfaction.

“Excuse me,” He bowed his head at me and I returned it.

A few moments pass.

“Are you sure, my lord, about Emily turning?” Evelyn asked.

I looked at her.

“Positive.” I said.

“But… she is not royal blood… the rules—“

“The rules do not matter; I can change the rules at the snap of my fingers. Do you not know that?” I tilted my head to the side a little.

“Of course, I knew.” She smiled nervously. “But your parents…”

“They’ll have to agree with my fiancée or there won’t be a future king.” I said in an austere voice.

But I knew that was her plan all along, to get me and Emily together so I could reward her somehow.

“I know you, Evelyn; it wasn’t just a coincidence that I met Emily at one of your parties.” She looked like she had just been caught stealing cookies before supper.

“You caught me there, my lord.” She bowed her head.

“What is it that you wish to have?” I went straight to the point.

“Well, nothing can compare to the happiness of my Prince,” She chuckled; I rolled my eyes at her cupidity. “But… we do have some debts.”

“Done.” I said flatly.

Her eyes twinkled with glee.

“Thank you, my lord.” She bowed her head.

“Emily will be living with me from now on, so will her brothers and sister. Do tell someone to pack their belongings.” I said.

“Right away.” Evelyn snapped her fingers and immediately someone appeared. “Pack all belongings of the Johnson’s please, they will be leaving with the Prince.”

“What?” The maid asked her eyes wide. “Why?”

“You don’t have to know why, all you need to do is what I pay you to do and that is to follow my orders!” She raised her voice.

The maid nodded frantically.

“My apologies, ma’am.” She bowed her head.

“Don’t let it happen again.” She warned.

“No, ma’am.” She curtsied towards me and walked out of the living room.