Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

Dangerous Place

{Emily's Point of View}

I was in a dark place, actually pitch dark place. I was standing because that's how I felt.

"Hello?" My voice echoed through the darkness.

A cold breeze hit me and I felt like my whole body was encast in an iceberg.

"Where am I?" Once again my voice echoed with each word. As I spoke fog came out of my mouth which meant it was really cold.

"Haaaalllooo." A female voice called through the darkness. My heart skipped a beat as I remembered whose voice it was.

"Mom?" My voice was now normal.

Then... bam! A spot light was on, not too far from where I was. I had to close my eyes and then adjust them to the sudden light. A women stood in the middle of the spot light. She had honey-like skin, long black hair and those eccentric gray eyes. She was my mother, except she didn't look drunk and her hair was nice and smooth instead of messy and crumbled.

"Halo." Her smile made something deep inside of me warm. Her smile was the best smile I had ever seen. My father once told me when I was little that was what had attracted him the most from her; her smile.

"Mommy." I felt the warm tears rolling down my cheek and accumilating around my chin. I ran to her and she had her arms wide open for me. "Mom!" I yelled.

But just as I was getting close the light disappeared and darkness was once more.

"Mom?" I asked, I couldn't see anything through the darkness and so I was going around in circles screaming for my mother.

I screamed until I couldn't take it anymore and I dropped to my knees sobbing and held myself together.

"Emilia." His angelic voice called for me. I looked up and the spot light was on me now. I shield my eyes with my arm. "Emily."

A tall dark figure stepped in the light. It was Edward, and he was wearing something that looked from the sixteenth century and he looked gorgeous. He offered his help by reaching his hand down at me and I took it and without a strain of muscle he picked me up to my feet. His hand didn't let go of mine and with his other hand he reached out for my face. His thumb caressed my cheek and I closed my eyes embracing every single touch he made on me.

"Edward." I said. I opened my eyes, I gasped in horror.

Edward's eyes were glowing scarlet red and his expression was one of hunger. I jumped back to the darkness.

"Who are you?!" I demanded with a strong voice I had somehow found.

"It's me darling." Edward's voice demonic, not like before but deeper and more sadistic. Edward gives out a laugh, full of evil and hate. "Don't you recognize your Edward?"

"No!"


****

I shot straight up panting. I quickly looked around at my surroundings and had a baffled look on my face.

"What?" I said.

[What am I doing back in the Heart-stein residence?] I thought when I recognized that this was my room. I pulled the covers aside and tried to stand up but I felt like I weighed a hundred tons.

"I wouldn't move just yet, darling." A voice came from the door. It was Edward's mom, Elizabeth, she had a certain smile on her face. And expression like she had won The Great War or something, an expression of victory.

My heart should be racing a hundred miles per hour, but I was calm, not entirely of course, but I didn't feel my heart. I placed my hand over my chest and I wasn't breathing so I started to move my chest up and down.

"Must feel weird... not feeling your heart beat... or breathing." Elizabeth entered the room and took a seat at the end of the bed her eyes on me the entire time.

"I must admit, I know why Edward thought you were beautiful. Now that you're immortal, you look more stunning than ever." Elizabeth picked a strand of my hair and then she dropped it. I pulled my hair back to my right side rapidly. She noticed and she shrugged.

"Where is Edward?" My voice was hoarse and I held my throat with of my hands and cleared it.

"The Chanel family has remained pure for the past two thousand years." Elizabeth said.

I shook my head. "Where is Edward?!" I demanded with a angry voice.

"I was hoping to let you down easy but it seems that with your attitude you leave me no choice." She closed her eyes and then opened them and looked at me.

"Edward is married, now. He doesn't love, he never did." Elizabeth said.

A pain went through my heart or somewhere because my world was shrinking little by little.

"You're lying!" I said.

"Now, why would I do that?" Elizabeth asked innocently.

"Because Edward loves me and he would never do that, he's going to marry me" I touched my left finger where the ring should be but it was gone.

Elizabeth laughs. "Silly newborn. Why would a pure blood vampire, royalty no less, want to marry you?"

"No! No! No! You're lying! You're lying!"

Thump!

A sharp pain went through my chest.

Thump!

There was that same pain again.

"Ow! My heart!" I held myself together as I brought my knees to my chest and rocked myself.

"What are you talking about your heart?" Elizabeth said.

"My heart, it hurts!" I gasped for air.

"Impossible, your heart shouldn't be beating at all!" Elizabeth came over to me and moved my hands easily and she placed her cold hand on my chest, I didn't really feel it since I was cold as well.

Her eyes widened in horror.

"Impossible." She muttered again.

"I need to speak to Edward." I said, I moved her aside, which I thought would be impossible but yet I did. By the time I had reached the door I felt stronger and much better physically not emotionally. When I turned the knob and opened the door, his blue eyes met my gray eyes.

"Matthew." I choked out. I wrapped my arms around him. "Please tell me it isn't true, please tell me Edward didn't get married."

Matthew stroked my hair. "Emily."

I pulled apart but entirely, I looked into his eyes and there was sorrow in them. He took out something from his back pocket and gave it to me. It was an envelope. It was all white except for the red letters at the front which read "The Heart-stein Family"

My hands shook as I took out the invitation. I knew what it was I just didn't want to believe it.

"Dear Heart-stein family, You are kindly invited to the wedding of Prince Edward Henry Chanel and Anne Swanson."

That's all I needed to read, but then I looked down at the date.

"What's todays date?" I asked Matthew.

"Their wedding was two days ago, Emily. They're on their honeymoon in Europe."

Right there is when my heart broke into millions of tiny pieces. I lost all sense of balance and I was going to touch the cold floor, but Matthew's arms caught me and I cried into his chest.

"Sh." He cooed.

"I don't get it, he told me loved me! I... I.... I changed for him. I gave up my family! My Humanity!!" I bellowed in anger and hate.

"Don't let anger consume you, Emily." Matthew said.

"Why not?! He has hurt me in the most sadistic possible way!" I yelled.

"I told you my son doesn't fall for new borns. You were just an adventure and he came to his senses. You're lucky I was there to stop him from sucking you dry." Elizabeth's eyes held no compassion. "Look, I'll do you a favor."

"I don't want anything from you." I spat at her.

"Hear me out. You could join our military. You'll be taught in martial arts and all types of weaponry will be able at your hands. Plus, you'll have something to do. Or you could roam the earth feeling sorry for yourself." Elizabeth said.

"Where is my family?" I asked.

"They're in good hands." Elizabeth said. "They'll grow up having a normal life and you'll be... just a memory."

"Where are they?!" I demanded now facing her, she was taller but I wasn't scared.

"They're with a good mortal family, a wealthy family. You have nothing to worry about, they are in good hands." She repeated.

"How can I be sure?" I asked.

"You can see for yourself. They live not too far from here. You get to watch them grow and lead a life. Don't worry they won't remember anything that has been out of ordinary such as vampires."

"How?" I asked.

"I'm telling you, join our military and you'll know about a world that has been all around you." Elizabeth said. "Oh so many things you never thought possible."

I thought about it for a second.

"Emily, don't. The military is a dangerous place things happen and there are worst things that vampires out there." Matthew became the voice of reason. But I wasn't thinking straight.

"I'll do it!" I said.

Elizabeth smirks. "Come by my house in three days, I'll let you rest up. I'm going to talk to Evelyn now." Elizabeth disappeared.

"Emily, you can not do this, the military is a dangerous place." He repeated.

"Does it matter? I have nothing to live for anymore. My brothers and sister think I'm dead or something and the one person I trusted in the world betrayed me! He killed me, Matthew! Do you have any idea how it feels to lose the one you love the most?!" I yelled at his face. "But what would you know, you're as heartless as Edward!" I bellowed.

Matthew grimaced.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Don't be sorry. It's probably true." Matthew whispered. "Emily, I should be the last person on earth telling you this but don't condemn yourself... your soul."

I laughed a bit, more like a chuckle.

"I've got no soul, Matthew. I've become dependent on blood. Speaking of which, where is it because my mouth is dry." I said.

Matthew smirked a bit. "You're taking it more calmly that I would've imagined." Matthew placed his hand on my back and started to lead me to the kitchen.

"It may look that way but right now I want to scream at the top of my lungs and forget I exist." My voice was low and barely hear-able.

"I'll be with you every step of the way." Matthew promised.

"Where's your fiancee?" I raised an eyebrow.

"She and I are... over." He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Her family was slaughtered by a pack of werewolves." He said like it was nothing.

I gulped.

We arrived at the kitchen and was greeted by Lara and the other maids.

"Two glasses." Matthew ordered. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Please and thank you." He added.

"Was she beautiful?" I asked out of the blue as we sat on the kitchen table waiting for the drinks.

Matthew gives me a weird look.

"Anne, I mean, was she... beautiful?" I croacked.

A smirk appears on Matthew's lips. "You would've looked so much better."

I give him a smile. "But was she?"

"She's a vampire, of course she was, but what she has on the outside she definitely lacks on the inside. She's rude and a spoil brat." Matthew tried to comfort. "Don't think about that Emily, don't let it haunt you."

"How can I not?"