Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

Werewolf

I couldn't take any more naps. The thought of someone wanting to hurt my family boiled my blood and filled every single thought in my head. I wasn't going to allow someone to even get near family. The question was who could be the mole? Barely anyone knew that I had a mortal family, but whoever told was going to pay with their life.

"Are you okay, Emily?" Matthew and I were on his bed, not doing it but we were just holding each other.

"I can't stand that someone wants to hurt my family." I gritted my teeth.

"Don't worry, you'll take care of it. There isn't someone better than you in fighting." Matt complimented.

"Thanks, Matt." I kissed him.

***

Early next morning, I went to do a stake out. Itachi-sensie said he could handle Prince Edward all by himself, I had faith in Itachi-sensie but certainly not in Edward.

"Ma'am." Called one of the vampire privates that were on my command.

"Yes?" I said putting down my binoculars.

"There is a peace talker wanting to talk to you." The vampire private said.

I thought for a moment. "Let him in." Immediately privates went behind me for protection as the werewolf entered.

The werewolf, now in human form, was tall. He was at least 6'7 or 6'8. Shoulder length black smooth hair. Tanned skin and oxyn eyes, much familiar from the wolf from the woods two days ago.

He had no certain expression; he looked calm.

"I wish to talk to you in private." His voice was smooth and no hint of... fear or doubt.

I snapped my fingers and the privates behind me reluctantly left the tent we were in.

[Call if you need us.] Daniel said, he was one of my best men.

[I don't think I will... but thank you for your concern, Daniel.] I thought.

I turned my attention back to the werewolf in front of me.

"What is it you wish to talk about...?" I indicated him to tell me his name.

"Ray." He said simply.

"Ray." I repeated.

"I believe you have met my son... both of my sons, one didn't get away as easily as the second." Though he didn't want to show it in his eyes the hurt was in his voice.

"You're not going to bitch about the death of your son, are you?" I had annoyance in my voice, frankly I could care less.

He was taken back by my coldness. "You don't seem the type to be so cold... I mean you have--I mean had--a family."

He got me there and he opened unhealed wounds, but I made sure he didn't see it but my eyes gave me away because he grinned.

"You don't know what you're talking about so I suggest you shut your mouth." My voice was calm.

He wasn't surprised by my calmness. "What are you doing?"

I rolled my eyes. "Am I suppose to follow?"

"You never wanted to be a vampire and now you've put your family in danger." His eyes changed into something different.

"What is it that you want?! Get to the goddamn point!" I was starting to lose my nerves.

"We simply want you to join us." He smiled.

I let out a chuckle. He had to be joking.

"A werewolf wants a vampire to join them. Mmm, how is that not suspicious?" I mocked.

"Do you have any idea who you are?" The werewolf seemed incredolous about my so little knowledge.

"I am a nobody." I said coldly.

"Do you have any idea the blood that runs in your veins?" He really seemed in disbelief how little I knew.

"What are you talking about?" I was more curious now.

"Why wouldn't they tell you?" He said more to himself than to me.

"What are you talking about?!" I demanded with force in my voice.

"I suggest you go somewhere far away. Creatures will do anything to get you to join them. For instance if the whole Underworld were to find out you have a weakness like a mortal family. Their lives will be in so much danger because of who you are." Ray seemed worried.

"I was a mortal there is nothing special about me. I am Emilia Halo Johnson from New Jersey. My mom was killed by my dad and I killed my dad." With each word my voice got louder to the point where I was almost yelling.

"Keeping telling yourself, doll. I would watch my back if I were you. You never know when friends become enemies and enemies become allies." He winked at me and then exited the tent with a strut in his walk.

[So, they weren't after my family... but me. It could only mean one thing. I would have to go far away from my family to keep them safe.] I slumped on some near chair and rubbed my eyes and temples.

"Ma'am?" A private called for me. I looked at him and sighed.

"Send everyone home. They're not after my family. They just wanted to talk to me." I ordered. The private looked confused but none of the less obeyed my orders.

***

I waited in Queen Elizabeth's office. I paced up and down as Ryan's words played inside of my head over and over again. I was beginning to panic.

[Leave them for good? I don't know if I could do that? They're my world, my everything.] The sound of the big door opening. Elizabeth entered with her entourage behind her: they gave her all sorts of information but when our eyes met she put on a smile. A smile like I was her long lost daughter of something. She flicked her hand and it indicated her entourage to disappear, they did so immediately.

"Emily, my dear." She pecked both of my cheeks.

"My lady." I curtsied.

She scoffs. "I think we're beyond that, Emily, tell me dear what do you need?"

"I had a little talk with a werewolf named Ray..." I stopped and instantly picked her muscle tensing.

"Oh, what did he tell you?" Elizabeth tried to sound nonchalantly, she walked across the office and around her desk and sat on her big chair.

I placed both hands on the desk and leaned in.

"He told me something... something that really got me thinking." I kept eye contact with her and she kept her calm, she was a good liar as well.

"And what would that be?" She placed both hands on her desk and interlocked them.

" 'Do you have any idea the blood that runs in your veins?' " I quoted Ryan. Her muscles tensed once more. "I keep running his words in my head and they still don't make any sense."

She half-smiled. "Why should they?" Her chuckle was nervous.

"Well, he risked his life in order to talk to me so it must mean something. And he told me that you knew. Ma'am, if there is something that you know, please tell me." I gave her the most innocent look.

She smirked. "There is nothing to say."

"Look, I was taught by the best. I know when someone is lying, so please, ma'am. My family's lives depend on it." I begged with my voice.

Elizabeth stayed quiet for a few minutes. The suspense was killing me. Was I some kind of special freak or something?

She finally talked.

"There is a legend in the vampire world about a human descendant of Dracula, our father. The true vampire." Elizabeth explained.

"Wait, isn't Dracula... dead-dead?" I was told the humans really killed him.

"Yes... but he did have mistresses you know. One of them was a mortal. Though the child the mortal wasn't born a vampire but Dracula's blood ran through their veins." Elizabeth rose from her seat and went over to me. I stood straight as she came to me. She stroked my hair. "Before you turned you had his blood running through you. It's always the first born."

"I don't understand... how am I the descendant?" I asked.

"Your mother was only child so she had the trait. Then she had you and you carry the trait. That's why when you turned your heart still beats, not as a normal mortal but it still beats. It's also the reason why you have so many abilities. When you turned it sparked the power inside of you." Elizabeth looked like she was hiding something else.

"Is there anything else?" I asked cautiously.

"No. That's it."

"Ryan said they're after me and in order to get to me they will use my family. I want to be relocated somewhere far away from my family." I said firmly.

[If she's gone then Edward won't be tempted. This could work out.] Elizabeth thought.(Emily didn't hear her.)

"As you wish. I know there is a need for a Sergeant in London, England. When do you wish to go?" Elizabeth asked.

"In a two days, if possible. I want to discuss this with Matthew." I used his full name in non-personal matters.

"I understand." Elizabeth nods.

***

"To England?" Matthew and I were having dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Heart-stein.

"It's the only way to keep them safe." I said.

"What makes you think they won't go after them when you're gone?" Matthew asked.

"Elizabeth has ordered a wizard to put a protective spell over them but to make sure I want to be as far away from them as possible." Matthew didn't seem convinced. "Matthew, please."

"And what am I suppose to do?" Matthew throwing his hands in the air all melodramatic. "I can't be away from you for more than a day because I start to go all paranoid."

I smiled. "What else? Come with me to England. I mean you know the place better than I do."

Matthew smiled. "Now that's much better."

I chuckled. [It's also my chance to actually forget Edward.] His kiss didn't make me as weak as I thought, though I did kiss back but maybe that was just for closure.

***

I waited until it was after midnight. I was going to visit my brothers and sister while they slept. I was going to tell them good bye.

I dressed in all black. My long black jacket made me look like some kind of spy. I heard my door being opened. I looked and saw Matthew with a confused look.

"Where are you going?" He asked coming towards me.

"I want to see my brothers and sister." I admitted.

He opened his arms for me and I hugged him by the waist. He kissed the top of my head.

"I hate to see you like this." He sighed.

"Like what?" I asked.

"In pain and make it seem like it's not there." Matthew looked down at me with his blue eyes.

I looked up with my grey eyes. "Takes practice."

"I love you." He sighed hugging me tighter.

"I love you too, Matt." We shared a kiss. I broke it before it got too intense and I wouldn't be able to stop myself. "I need to go."

"I'll be waiting."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image