Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

The Ugly Truth

Their chest rised and fall. I could feel their beating hearts and their pumping blood going through their hearts.Though they slept in different rooms I could feel all of them at the same time. All of them sleeping soundly; like angels. Jacob's hair had gotten longer and his face was more mature.

"I'm sorry for putting such a burden on your shoulders, Jake. I will never forgive myself for that. You weren't suppose to worry about anything and now you're the oldest and you look after them." I whispered in his ear. I stroked his hair lightly so I wouldn't wake him up. "I will always be with you no matter what, Jake. Be strong for the rest as I was. I love you so much... sleep well."

I went to the next room which was Daniel's the second oldest after Jacob. He slept in an awkward position with his feet and hands sticking out of the bed. I chuckled lightly at the sight.

"Danny boy." I said as I positioned him right. He mumbled.

"Emily." He sighed in his sleep, my chest tighten.

"Shh... be nice to Jacob, he's only trying to do his duty as the oldest brother. Listen to him, do it for me. I love you, Danny boy." I kissed his forehead and disappeared into the next room; to James'.

James was the boy really attached to me. He saw me as a mother and sister because I took care of him when he was sick. He had some kind of thing called Asthama but the medicine he was receiving, thanks to Evelyn, was making things better. James was in a normal position as he always was. I smiled.

I doubled over to his level. I fixed his hair like I always did.

"Be good, James. Do great in school so you can be somebody in life, so your children can have a better future. I'll be watching over you, always." I whispered. I give him a kiss on the cheek and looked one last time at my brother.

Finally came Olivia, my special one. I was more than a sister because I fed her and I bathe her whilst my mother was getting drunk with some stranger she just met. Olivia clentched onto her teddy bear. Her blanket was a little low and I saw the goose bumps on her arms. I lifted the covers just under her chin.

By this pointed tears were spilling. I covered my mouth to keep any noise from coming out. But it pained me so much to leave them behind. They were more than my brothers and sister, they were my children. I watched them grow and take their first steps and hear their first words.

My heart began to ache to the point where it was painful to even breathe. I gasped for the needed air. I was on my knees and I leaned my head on the edge of Olivia's bed and I sobbed silently... or so I thought.

"Emily?" Olivia's sweet voice called for me. I lifted my head up and her innocet eyes looked down at me in shock and in hurt. "Am I dreaming?"

I smiled as best I could through the pain. "Yes, Olivia olive." I reached my hand out to touch her face but stopped inches short. She took my hand and she placed her cheek on it.

"I miss you, Emily. Everyone misses. Where did you go? Are you with mommy?" Her eyes twinkling in the darkness of the night.

I nodded. "Yes, mommy says hi and she misses you."

"Why did you leave us, Emily? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no, no. You did nothing wrong, sweetheart. Don't you ever for a second think that.. okay?" She nods.

"What happened, why did you leave us?" Olivia asked.

"Because I was a fool in love, Olivia. Now... I want you to go back to sleep and when you wake up you can go on having a normal life." I stroked her cheek and her hair with my other hand.

"You don't look happy."

"But I am."

"Will you watch over us?"

"Every minute of every day no doubt about it." I assured.

"I love you, Emily." She wrapped her arms around my neck and with her little arms hugged me tightly. I hugged her back but not with the same force because then I would kill her. I felt her little tears fall on my back.

"And I love you Olivia olive. You have no idea how much I love you." We pulled out. I wiped her tears and smiled. "Behave. Listen to Jacob he has a huge burden on his shoulders as now being the oldest. Promise me?"

"Pinky swear." She held out her tiny pinkie and I linked mine with hers. She went back to sleeping position and slowly she drifted into sleep.

From the inside of my shirt I took out my mother's necklace. She had given it to me before my father left. She said her mother gave it to her and now she gave it to me.

Now, I was giving it to Olivia. I placed it on her night stand next to her water. It was a moon shaped necklace. Silver from the outside and gold on the inside. I pecked her cheek and disappered.

***

"England?" Itachi-sensie said with a questioning look.

"I can't be near my weakness. I have to keep them safe and being a whole entire ocean away is enough." I explained right before the Prince's practice time.

His expression softens. "I understand Devi-chan." He bowed.

"Thank you, Itachi-sensie." I bowed back.

"What are we doing today?" Edward came in with a bored look.

"Balance, my Prince." Itachi smiled.

I grinned. "Yes." I snapped my fingers and a bar appears in the middle of the trainning room. Twenty feet up in the air. I snapped them again and two buckets of water appear and a long stick.

Edward put the puzzle together. "You're not serious, are you?"

I shrugged. "If I didn't, why shouldn't you be able to?"

"You did this?" His mouth dropped.

I rolled my eyes. "It's not as hard as it looks, my Prince."

"Are you crazy?!" Edward exclaimed.

"It's not like you'll die. You'll just be in pain for a while and heal fast." I pointed out.

"How am I suppose to get up there?" Edward asked, looking up.

"That's part of the challenge." Itachi-sensie grinned.

Edward... passed. Yeah, I was surprised to. Sure he had his two falls but it took me four to get the hang of it, so yeah I was jealous.

"Congratulations, my Prince. You are moving quickly." Itachi-sensie was satisfied that Edward wasn't as slow and stupid as he thought.

After a couple of hours of dueling, and Edward losing, we called it a day. Edward was taking a breath when Itachi approached me.

"When are you leaving to England, Devi-chan?"

"What?!" Edward exclaimed.

I ignored him. "Tomorrow afternoon."

"I wish you the best of luck." Itachi-sensie bowed. "It has been a priviledge to have worked with such a great student."

"Likewise, Itachi-sensie." I bowed and then we hugged. Itachi-sensie left but Edward was still there.

"Are you leaving because of me?" Edward asked.

I turned to face him. "It's not always about you. My life doesn't revolve around you."

"But mine revolves around you." He urged with a pleading voice and look.

"That is not my problem." I pointed out.

"Emily. I am so sorry. But---"

I raised my hand. "Stop. I've told you before I don't want to hear your excuses."

I felt him move and since I didn't see it coming he once more pinned me against the wall, his body pressed against mine. He growled and with hurt in his eyes he looked down at me because he was way taller than me.

"Edward." I warned. When ever he got into these position; so personal, so intimate; it brought familiar and unwated feelings back and I think he knew that. His breath lingered on my lips and tingled my tongue.

[Matthew, Matthew. I love Matthew!!] I convinced myself.

"Don't leave me... please." He whispered down at me.

"Stop it." My voice was low and I turned away. "You've hurt me enough, Edward, please let me be happy with Matthew."

His left hand caressed my cheek gently like he used to and he knew I was weak at his touch.

"What we had can't be changed so suddenly. Our love is true."

"You're married."

"But I still love you."

"Then why did you marry Anne?!" I hissed.

I had gotten him there. He had no answer. I tried to read his mind but he blocked me.

"I need you."

"I need to forget you. I will not be a mistress. I will not be a whore." I barked in a low tone.

I could sense him trying to make some kind of a contradiction but the strain in his face gave him away. I nudge him a away a little but he didn't budge.

"I love you so much. It hurts to know I'll never see you again."

"Edward, you're going to be Prince of all vampires, including me. We're bound to see each other again and a lot because I'm in the military and there is war. But... I need to time alone and Matt--"

He pulls away abruptly and snorts.

"Matthew! That bastard should be ashamed. I can't believe you still went out with him even after the bet!!"

"Bet, what bet?!" I was suddenly interested.

He gave me confusion. "He hasn't told you?! He hasn't told you the bet he made with Hunter?"

"Edward, tell me!" My heart began to ache. Had the person I trusted betray me... again?

"If either one of them got you in bed before New Year's they would pay the other two hundred dollars."

What was this familiar sting in my chest? It tighten and tighten until breathing was the hardest thing to do. How could he do this to me? Was I just a joke?

"Emily... please tell me you haven't slept with Matthew." Edward took both of my shoulders as my mouth hanged open in shock. I looked at him getting all tear-y. My expression gave him my answer and his eyes flashed red. "Emily." He hugged me.

"How... why..." I struggled for words, my mind couldn't put anything together, anything that would come out would sound like gibberish.

Broken hearted twice. Maybe I wasn't meant to love.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? please ;D