Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

Damn Your Soul

Alexander seemed shocked at my disinterest.

"It means you're meant to save man-kind." He looked at me straight in the eyes.

I looked away momentarily and blinked longer than a standard blink.

"Why?" I had a mouth full of bacon.

Alexander was really surprised. He did the same thing as Anne, opening and closing his mouth.

"Because it's your destiny, nay, your duty!" He slammed his hand on the table. Some of them jumped at his out rage but I didn't even twitch.

I took a moment to think. When had I become Jesus? Save man-kind? I mean sure I was fast and strong, but there were bound to be stronger and faster vampires than me. How was I, simple girl from New Jersey, going to save man-kind from my own kind?

"Emily, you're meant to bring down the vampires." Nicholas sounded more mature.

"But I am a vampire!" I hissed.

"Not entirely, why do you think you heart still beats?" Ray spoke for the first time this morning.

"I still need blood to live." I pointed out.

"You're not going to follow your destiny?" William asked, shocked.

"Life hasn't been kind to me." I said meloncholy.

"That doesn't mean you should give up." Nicholas smart mouth got me there.

"Think about your family." Nicholas added.

He got me there. They were my world and they needed a safe place to live their normal lives. I looked at him and he had a victorious smirk on his face.

"Family?!" Anne spat. "You have--"

"What do you want me to do?" I cut her off and turned to Alexander.

"Train my men. They need to know how to kill vampires."

***

"All right listen up, pathetic mortals!" I yelled, I was in a training room, much like the one with Itachi-sensie. "Sit on the floor!"

The men and some women looked at each other.

"Uh, did I fucking stutter?!" I roared my eyes flashed dangerously red.

The scrambled around for a bit before settling in front of me. I smirked.

"When I blow my whistle once it will mean to sit on the floor where ever you may be. Unless you're up high. Sitting on the floor sends a clear message. You're the weak and sit low, I am the strongest making me the one standing up and looking down at you. Got it?!"

"Yes ma'am!" They chorused.

"Good. There are a few things that can kill a vampire: Werewolves, shredding them to pieces and burning their remains and last but not least... dead man's blood."

I could hear a few of their questions in their heads.

"Dead man's blood is like poison to us, but since we have to drink or be injected with it, the best way is to kill us is to cut our head off and then shred us to pieces. Any questions?" I clapped my hands together in the end.

Everyone looked at each other and only one person raised their hand. It was a girl, who had brown hair tied back in a french braid and she had that cocky look on her face.

"Yes?"

"Private Mansen, at your service. Um, why are you helping us?"

"Because I can. Any smart questions? No? Let's begin training. Oh and for the record, every second you're late that means one pull up or push up, depends on my mood that morning." I shrugged.

***

"They're scared shit-less of you." Nicholas laughed at dinner.

I smiled sincerely at him. "They have to be afraid, otherwise they won't respect you."

"You're a great teacher." Nicholas encouraged.

"Thank you, Nick." I flashed him a smile.

Ray and his family took a seat on the dinner table.

"Good evening, Emily." Ray greeted.

"Good evening, Ray, Anne, William." I said kindly.

"How was training?" Ray asked, most definitely interested on how his son did.

"Good. Very good, actually. Your son there has actual potential."

William was surprised by my compliment.

"William." Ray hissed in a fatherly tone.

"Thank you, Devi-sensie." William bowed his head.

"Devi?" Anne questioned, in her tone there was still hate, which didn't bother me at all.

"It means Goddess of Power." William answered sourly.

"My sensie gave me that name when I finished my training, plus Emily-sensie doens't sound right." I chuckled the last part and Nicholas and Ray joined in the laughter.

"Ah! Emilia." Alexander boomed and clapped his hands, he seemed content.

"I heard you did very well on your first day." Alexander took the seat at the head of the table.

"I believe so."

"What do you think of the privates?"

"They're cocky, but I'll take that out of them." I grinned.

Alexander laughs. "Good to hear, good to hear."

{Three Months Later}

I blew my whistle once and immediately everyone stopped and sat down. I smiled at their robotic response.

"That is all for today. Sleep well because tomorrow we meet at the forest and all of you will face... me!"

Most of them had smirks. They've been wanting to get their hands on me.

"Dismissed."

There was murmmur until the whole entire trainning room was left alone. At least I thought, when I looked up from my bag William was looking at me with a question in his head but it was also in his expression.

"Can I help you, Private William?"

"I want to... apo--I'm sor..." He had difficulty apologizing and I noticed.

"Apology accepted." I chuckled and patted him on the back while I walked past him.

Nicholas was waiting for me at the entrance with a question on his mind as well. I decided to take a peek.

She's going to freak. She's going to lose it. He thought in a really anxious tone.

"What's going on?" I asked, I was worried it had something to do with my family.

"Look, these past few months have been the best of my life." He didn't look me in the eyes and I raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to go on a date?"

This really took me by surprise. I never thought he thought of me like that. I mean I never led him on and he knew about my current damaged heart, still damaged.

"You know why I'm going to say no, Nick, I'm not ready to date again." Or ever I thought.

He was hurt but sure didn't want to lead him on.

"Okay, how about as a friend? I want to take you out because you're sulking around in your room feeling sorry for yourself!" Nicholas always wanted to make me smile and always managed to do so, but I only saw him as a brother or my best friend, nothing more nothing less.

"As friends." I agreed.

"Meet me at the lobby in an hour?" He questioned as if I needed more time.

"With my speed I'll be there before you can say Yankee Doodle doo." I joked.

"Right. I'll see you there then."

***

"New Jersey sure has changed a lot in one year." I said as me and Nicholas walked downtown of Trenton.

There was a lot more business open and less homeless people walking around aimlessly.

I shoved my pale hands in my jacket. It was the middle of December and Christmas was just around the corner. The wind would blow my black hair and I shield my grey eyes with my hand.

Nicholas took me to a Diner. We took a booth and looked at the menus. But I could feel a pair of eyes on me. I lowered the menu to look at Nicholas looking at me tentively.

"What?" I asked, suddenly self-conscious.

"Nothing." He shook his head and turned to the menu.

"I could just read your mind you know, but it's better if you tell me." I said.

"I have some sort of bad news." Nicholas confessed.

"Is it my family?" He shook his head before I finished my question which brought relief to me. "Then, what?"

"Edward was crowned King of Vampires yesterday."

This stung a bit. The man I had loved or love, who knows, was now my archenemy. He reached out his hand and placed it on top of mine.

"You all right?"

I nodded not looking at him because my eyes were forming tears.

"I can't imagine what you're going through." His voice held sympathy and I took my hand back furiously.

"You know I hate sympathy." I growled.

"It wasn't sympathy, I really mean it. You didn't deserve everything that has happened to you." Nicholas voice was urgent and protective.

"Thank you, Nick. You've truly been a great friend."

He chuckled. " A friend." He whispered.

"It's all I can offer you, Nick."

"I know and I'll be your friend... for now." He smirked.

I shook my head. "Ay, Nicholas. You're going to get heartbroken, plus it would never work out."

"Why not?"

"Uh, I get to live enternally without ever aging and you're... well human."

I got him there because he frowned.

"Right. I could... tu--"

"No!" I hissed angrily. "I will not damn your soul, ever!"

"But I lo--"

"Don't you dare say that four letter word or I will never speak to you again, Nicholas."

He knew I meant it because I used his full name. He bit his lip.

"Fine. We'll talk later." He shrugged.

"I'm not changing my mind."

***

"Edward being King doesn't change a thing." Alexander informed me.

I shrugged. "I don't really care." I lied.

"We know about your past with the King." Ray had his fingers entwined and his chin leaned on them.

I turn my gaze at him with a slight glare.

"I'm over it." My voice low and in control.

"Really?" Ray chuckled. "I say otherwise because I see how your face twitches at the sound of his name... Edward,"--my lip twitches--"ah, there it is."

"Fuck off, Ray! I wouldn't speak about things you wouldn't understand."

"Enough." Alexander ordered messaging his temples.

"So, why have you brought me here? I've got privates to teach."

"We have a plan of attack to retrive something from the Chanel palace."

"And?"

"You're going to lead it because you're the only one who has been inside the castle." Ray answered for Alexander, he was really getting on my last nerve.

"Emilia, calm down." Alexander said carefully, he was looking at me balled hand, there was smoke coming out of it. I relaxed and the smoke disappeared.

"When?" I tried to make my voice sound controlled but my teeth gritted together.

"This weekend. Details later." Alexander answered.