Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter One

"So, how do you like the house, Chris?" I barely hear my mom ask through my headphones. It's then when I notice the car pull into a driveway. The house is a simple two-story home, but it's still nice. I like it so far, actually, but I won't let her know. She made me move away from my four best friends, of course I'm gonna be pissed. So, my answer is a simple shrug and a frown. Mom frowns at me as she hops out of the car. I take my music out of my ears and get out myself so I can start helping with moving everything into the house.

"Look, Chris, it's not like you're never gonna talk to your friends again. You still have their numbers, and Kiks, and all the other unnecessary social media you kids these days have." I ignore what she said though. I just wanna get this done and over with so I can talk to Balz, Devin, Ryan, and Angelo.

<><><>

It took hours to put the furniture in the rooms and unpack, but at least all I have to do now is unpack everything in my room. I'm taking a break, though, and eating dinner with Mom. She had brought wings home for dinner so we made up. That, and I got to talk to Balz for a few minutes while she went to get the wings but all we talked about was my new house and how much they miss me. But anyways, we had wings for dinner so now me and Mom are cool.

Mom clears her throat from across the table. I glance up at her, showing her that I had her attention.

"You start school tomorrow morning so don't take too long to unpack, alright?" I nod and throw my bones away before leaving my mom alone in the kitchen so I could hurry up and finish unpacking. I wanna hurry up and get it done so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow.

I enter my room and pick up a box labeled "socks & underwear" and place it down onto my dresser. As I start putting those away, I see something with dark shoulder-length hair and dark clothing shift from the corner of my eye, and on reflex, snap my head towards their direction. I blink confusedly as I see nothing there. I feel slight fear as I think about what I just saw. Could it have been a ghost? Or just a figment of my imagination? I'm gonna go with the latter, just to be safe. I mean, I tend to hallucinate occasionally.

Yeah, that's all it was. A hallucination.

Now convinced that I'm safe, I unpack my socks and things into the dresser until they're all unpacked. I then work on unpacking everything else until everything's unpacked. I smile, relieved, as I look at the time. It's around eleven, so I get changed into something more comfortable before crawling into bed.

<><><>

I jog down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom's leaned against the counter, sipping from a mug. She greets me.

"Morning," I mumble as I open the fridge, scanning its contents. Eh, I'm most likely looking for milk.

I sulk when there isn't any.

"Lame, no milk," I mumble sadly as I close the fridge.

"Oops. Sorry," Mom giggles sheepishly. I sigh.

"So you went to the grocery store and forgot to buy milk?"

She does it all the time.

"Pretty much," she answers as she finishes whatever was in her mug and places it in the sink. "Want me to take you to school today?"

"You have to. I don't know where it is," I answer her. She rolls her eyes.

"Not really, I could make you look for it on your own."

"And I'd have the right to say it was your fault I was in school late," I say victoriously as I start heading towards the door.

<><><>

Mom pulls up by the hellish prison many call school. I quickly lean away and smirk as she leans in to plant a kiss to my cheek and get out of the car, saying bye before slamming the door shut. I walk up to the building as she drives away. I ignore the many looks thrown my way as I walk towards the office, which is thankfully by the front doors. At my last school it was on the other side of the fucking school. Like, what the fuck.

When I get to the office, I can hear shouting on the other side. Should I go in or..? I shrug and let myself in. The first thing I notice is a bored looking student, slouching lazily in a chair, and I then notice that he's being scolded for something. I don't care what it is, I just care about getting my schedule. I wait by the desk for someone to give it to me. The woman shouting at the kid stops and turns to me with a scowl. She's most likely a bitch then, I can see.

"And you are?" her loud voice echoes in the small room.

"Christopher Cerulli. I need my schedule," I answer her, sounding as unamused as she is. She scoffs as she digs through some files, looking through my schedule when she finds it before handing it to me.

"Thanks," I thank her as I look through it myself.

"Um, may I go now?" the boy asks impatiently from the chair he's seated in.

"Yes, and bring Mr. Cerulli with you, since you're both in the same class right now."

He looks up at me for the first time since I've been in here, and he smiles a bit. He hops up and follows me out of the office.

"Well, she's a fucking bitch," I mumble once the door's been closed. He chuckles.

"Yeah, the students here all hate her. I'm Craig, by the way," he says as he starts walking down the hall. I follow after the shorter boy.

"Alright."

"If you want, you can sit with me and my friend. There's an empty seat next to mine by the window," he offers, and honestly, I'm grateful for it.

"Yeah, sure," I answer.

We eventually stop at a classroom, and he opens the door for me. I casually enter, all eyes on me. Craig follows me in and closes the door behind us.

"Cerulli, Christopher?" a woman, who I'm assuming is my teacher, asks. Unlike the principal's, her voice is soft and friendly.

"Chris," I correct her.

"Chris," she corrects herself with a warm smile that I can't help but return slightly. "I'm Ms. Hanning."

"Alright," I answer her as I follow Craig to his seat, and I sit at the one next to his, by the window.

"Ronnie, this is Chris," Craig introduces his friend to me as he slides down in his seat a bit so Ronnie can see me better. "Chris, this is Ronnie."

"W'sup," Ronnie greets me.

"Sup."

And that's how I awkwardly made two friends.