Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter Ten

Since today’s day two, I have class with Blue today. I enter the classroom and take my seat next to Blue’s, since she’s not in here quite yet. After a minute or so, she enters quickly, seating herself in her seat. She turns towards me and vice versa.

“Hey, Chris,” she smiles at me.

“Hey,” I smile. “My mom got the money back so I’m not grounded anymore.”

“Awesome! So the get together’s on?” she asks excitedly, and it’s actually pretty adorable how excited she got.

“Sure is! Where and when?” I ask her, and she thinks. Then she shrugs.

“We never decided. How about you pick?”

I think about that. When and where? It’s definitely gonna be this weekend. But where…

Wait, if we have it at my house, and Nick comes, I can get Ricky to come out or simply bring Nick to Ricky, and Nick will have to believe me since he’d be right before his very eyes.

“Hmm, tomorrow at my place? Directly after school?”

She nods, agreeing.

“Sounds fine to me.”

<><><>

Nick wasn’t at lunch because he was in class doing whatever his teacher had him do, so I didn’t get to talk to him until third block. He didn’t look too happy when he saw me.

“Hey, Chris,” he says coldly, refusing to look at me. Ronnie, who was seated in front of us, turns curiously, giving us a what-the-fuck-is-going-on-here look. I give him a he’s-pissed-at-me look, and Ronnie nods, saying that he got the message.

“Nick, I’m sorry about yesterday. But we’ve talked about this during lunch, we’re having a little hang out thing at my house tomorrow right after school. Everyone else agreed, so are you up for it?”

He’s silent for a bit, as if thinking. He sighs and nods his head.

“Do you hate me now?” I ask sadly. I fucking hope what happened yesterday didn’t end our friendship.

“No, just a little upset.”

“What even happened?” Ronnie asks as curiosity gets to him again.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it, I’ll get over it soon. He’s clearly sorry,” Nick answers him. Ronnie nods, and starts another random conversation.

<><><>

Me, Nick and Blue walked home together again, them both giving me hugs before I enter my home. I kick my shoes and lock the door behind me.

“Ricky! I’m home!” I call, and Ricky skips down the stairs. He crushes me in a hug when he approaches, surprising me. He never really gives me hugs, and he gives really good hugs, by the way.

“Happy to see me?” I ask, and I feel him nod. “So, Nick and some of my other friends are coming over tomorrow with me.”

He looks up at me, not pulling away from the hug.

Not complaining either.

“Who?”

“Johnny, Ronnie, Craig, Blue, Adriana,” I answer.

“I don’t know Blue or Adriana,” Ricky tells me.

“You’ll love them, don’t worry. Wanna talk to Balz later? We gotta wait a bit ‘cause they’re still in school and all,” I suggest, and he nods. He finally pulls away then to wander off into the kitchen. I curiously follow him into the kitchen, where we bump against each other halfway there. He’s holding some sort of package, holding it out to me.

“Is...that mine?” I ask him, and he nods. I take it from him and open it, pulling out its contents.

The CDs he broke are all replaced and in my hands now.

I smile down at Ricky before pulling him into one more quick hug.

“Thanks, Rick, you didn’t have to,” I chuckle, but he shrugs.

“Eh, I used your mom’s money,” Ricky asks. “I didn’t expect them to come this soon.”

“You stole money from my mom just to buy me CDs? You’re awesome, Ricky,” I chuckle again. “Wanna go listen to them?”

He nods excitedly as we rush up the stairs, once again stealing Mom’s laptop so we can play the music.

<><><>

After a few hours of listening to music, I call Balz’s phone for FaceTime. He picks up after a couple rings.

“Hey, guys!” Balz cheers as he sees the two of us from his device, Ricky and I greeting him back.

“Anyone else there or is it just you?” I ask.

“Just me,” he tells me with a shrug. “So anything interesting happening lately?”

“Nothing much, what about you guys over there?”

“Devin’s seeing someone. Started at school today,” Balz smiles, happy for our friend.

“Is it a boy or a girl?”

“A girl. She’s fucking hot, too,” Balz laughs, sounding a bit disappointed too.

Poor guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was trying to make this longer but I ran out of ideas for this chapter. I'm gonna be working on chapter eleven now :)