Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter Twelve

I then start my search for Ricky, so he can finally see his friends again. He’s most likely gonna either be in my closet or somewhere in my mom’s room. I decide to check my closet first. I head up the stairs, and I hear someone following me. When I get to the top of the stairs, I look over my shoulder and see Blue standing behind me.

“I, uh, decided to follow you, you know, get a tour of the house,” Blue mumbles sheepishly, and I shrug.

“You’re fine, don’t worry.”

I push my bedroom door open, and Blue follows me inside. I make my way to the closet, opening it.

Ricky’s not fucking in there.

I groan as I bend down, checking under the bed. Not there either.

“What are you looking for?” Blue asks, offering help. I only shrug, because saying that I’m looking for someone would be awkward. I mean, I checked my closet and under the bed, wouldn’t you find that weird if you were in her position?

I stand back up and walk into my mom’s room, Blue, of course, following. I hear something moving around, and Blue heads towards the sound before I can. She goes over to my mom’s closet, and pulls the door open.

“Um…” Blue stutters, and I guess she found Ricky. “Chris, there’s a boy in your mom’s closet. She might be hiding something from you.”

“Blue, that was creepy on so many levels,” I chuckle as I gently move her out of the way. I reach a helping hand out to Ricky, but he refuses to take it. “But she’s not. This is Ricky.”

“But Johnny said that he was dead, so…”

“If you put two and two together, you’ll figure it out, okay?” I tell her and she nods understanding as I grab Ricky’s hand anyway, pulling him up and out of the closet.

“Chris, I really don’t wanna go out there,” Ricky begs hastily, giving me a pleading look.

“Ricky, they’re your friends!”

“But Chris, I’ve been dead for months! I’m a ghost! What if they react badly?” Ricky whines as I pull him to the door, Blue awkwardly following behind us.

“Hey, it’s okay, if they do I’ll talk to them,” I say to him as I manage to pull him down the stairs and into the living room. Everyone was busy having some sort of conversation, but when they see us, all conversation is dropped as they stare at Ricky with wide eyes, completely speechless, Ricky returning their looks.

“Well, I’ll leave you guys to it, then,” I tell them as I go back upstairs, and oddly, Blue follows me up again. I pay her no mind and enter my room again, her following me in.

“It must be great seeing your friends after so long,” Blue says from behind me. I turn to see a small smile on her face, and I smile too.

“I thought it would too, so I just had to bring them here, you know? That’s why I wanted the get together to be here.”

“I don’t really see why he couldn’t just go to them, though,” Blue confusedly states.

“He told me that a ghost couldn’t leave the place they died in,” I tell her, and she nods, understanding.

“How did Ricky die?” Blue asks softly and sadly as she wanders over to a poster in the room. She stares up at one of them, The Smiths. I sigh and shrug, even though she can’t see me shrug.

“I don’t know. I never asked him,” I answer truthfully.

“The Smiths are awesome, by the way,” she changes the topic and turns to face me so she can offer another smile.

“I know,” I return it. Then someone’s knocking at my door before it opens. Adriana creeps in, looking accomplished when she finds Blue.

“C’mere, babe,” Adriana says, and Blue follows her out of the room without another word.

What the fuck did I come in here for?

I shrug to myself, calling myself an idiot for forgetting. I go back downstairs, and the guys are in the same position, except they’re talking now. Adriana and Blue are nowhere to be seen.

“Gee, I wish I could hug you right now,” I hear Craig say, to whom I assume would be Ricky.

“You could,” Ricky says shyly.

Gawd, he’s so fucking cute.

“I-I can?”

“Yeah. Just give me a hug, I love hugs. You should know that.”

I watch by the stairs as Craig hesitantly steps up to Ricky, wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him closer, Ricky hugging the older boy back. Craig contently sighs and rests his chin on his shoulder, a smile creeping its way onto his face as they start to sway from side to side.

“God, I missed this. I thought you were gonna be cold, you know, since you’re…” Craig mumbles, but I still hear it. Ricky only hums in reply.

This might sound kinda fucked up, but I’m kinda fucking jealous of Craig.

Hey, you can have him all to yourself when your friends leave.

“I WANNA HUG RICKY TOO!” Nick whines, then everyone’s arguing over who gets to hug him next.

I hope it’s not like this if I ever go to visit Scranton.