Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter Thirteen

The guys spent most of their time with Ricky, but that’s understandable, so I didn’t get too mad. I hung out with the girls- after I found them with their tongues down each other’s throats in the laundry room. Let’s just say that I would’ve never found them if they were a little more quiet.

Everyone has already left, leaving me and Ricky alone at home, finally giving us time to ourselves. Ricky seemed very happy, content. It made me really happy, too, seeing him so happy. Like I finally did something right for once.

We’re currently upstairs in my room because my mom should be coming home any minute, and I'm scared of how she'll react to the sight of Ricky. She'd kill me for bringing company to the house without her permission, which I never get anyways. Learned from experience.

As if on cue, I hear the front door open and close. Mom’s home, then.

“Chris!” she calls as I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly turn to Ricky.

“Get in the closet just in case she comes in,” I rush out in a harsh whisper, and he immediately does as he’s told. A few seconds after he closes the closet door behind him, Mom enters my room and sits on my bed next to me.

“So, how’s school been? I haven’t gotten to talk to you because of my busy schedule,” Mom asks with a smile.

“It’s been cool. I made a handful of new friends,” I answer her, returning the smile.

“That’s great! Anyone catch your eye?”

“Uh, Craig, Nick, and one of my teachers.”

She scoffs and shakes her head, amused.

“You always have some sort of crush on one of your teachers,” she laughs. “So since I listened to you tell me how school was, I’m gonna tell you about all the drama at work.”

<><><>

It’s around midnight when Mom finally leaves me alone and goes to bed. Ricky exits the closet and sits where Mom was seated not too long ago.

“Sorry ‘bout that, Ricks,” I apologize, but he shrugs.

“Don’t worry about it, you barely get to see her so it’s fine.”

“She can be kinda annoying sometimes,” I sigh.

“My mom didn’t pay much attention to me before I died.”

“Oh.”

“Mhm.”

We’re put in an awkward silence after that.

Before I could break that silence, he breaks it instead, when he starts to snore lightly. I look over at him and notice that he’s sleeping. I smile, deciding that it's cute. I manage to get him under the blanket without waking him, locking the door and turning the light off before sliding in next to him.

"Chris?" Ricky asks me, half asleep. I guess I woke him up then (duh)...

"Just go back to sleep," I whisper.

"Okay," he sleepily mutters back as he scoots closer to me so that his back is pressed my torso. I can feel myself blush lightly, but I toss an arm over his waist anyway and bury my nose into his hair. Why would I not, his hair is the best smelling hair I've ever smelled.

Okay, that sounded kinda creepy.

"G'night, Chris," Ricky sighs.

"Night, Ricky," I reply. A few seconds later, he's lightly snoring again. I'm not far behind, either.

<><><>

I'm woken up when Ricky tries to climb over me, kneeing me in the dick in the process, but not with enough force to make it hurt too bad. The situation was just awkward, but he decided to act as if it didn't happen. I knew that he knew what he had done because the sheepish blush on his face gave it away.

"You could've just asked me to move," I tell him as he gets to the floor.

"I didn't wanna wake you," he answers with a shrug.

"Either way, you did," I laugh, pulling myself up into a sitting position. I look at the time. 9:37am.

"Uh, yeah... Sorry 'bout that," Ricky apologizes awkwardly. "So... What ya wanna do today?"

“I’m not sure… You can’t really leave the house or anything, and my mom’s home today,” I tell him with a sigh. He frowns, turning away, mumbling something under his breath. It sounds something along the lines of “I never thought being dead would suck this much”. I don’t say anything about it, though.

Then I get an idea.

“I’ll be right back!”

I jog down into the living room and unplug the Xbox from the wall and the TV, bringing it and it’s controllers and games upstairs into my room, putting it in my room.

“I see you planned on playing video games in here,” Ricky laughs, confusing me.

“Yeah?”

“You don’t have a TV in here.”

<><><>

After trying to convince Mom to let me bring the TV into my room, she just let me take hers. She even helped me set it up, but thankfully, Ricky heard her coming so he hid in the closet. She went back to doing what she was doing before I burdened her and I lock the door behind her.

Me and Ricky spend the rest of the day playing video games.
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously a filler ;-;
So I'm basically gonna give the same mini speech to my readers of WAAEOWNTFIL, the exact same words...
I'm trying to stay away from putting all of my stories on hold 'cause when that happens there's a 50/50 chance of them being discontinued. I'm really fond of my active stories, actually, so hopefully they won't be discontinued :)