Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter Fourteen

>>>Time skip: Monday<<<

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I felt like shit. I had a horrible headache, my nose is so stuffed I can barely breathe through it, my throat felt really scratchy, and it was cold as fuck. I knew I’d have to get over it because I had school today. I pulled myself out of bed and got ready at mummy speed. I was about to leave the house but something hastily grabbed my wrist, scaring the shit out of me. I hold back an unmanly yelp as I whirl around to face the culprit, looking down at a concerned Ricky. He handed me a sheet of paper with Mom’s handwriting.

“I found that on the kitchen table,” he told me as I started to read it,

Chris,
If you’re still not feeling well, feel free to stay home. I know just how miserable you were last night. If you need any medicine, you know where it is, make sure you read the label so you take the right amount! I’ll check on you when I see you tonight!
love, Mom xoxo


“Well, I guess I’m staying home today,” I speak, my voice sounding nasally and disgusting. I kick my shoes off by the door for the moment and head back upstairs to my room, kicking my jeans off so I’d be more comfortable. I send my friends a quick text telling them that I was sick so I wouldn’t be able to go to school today. I close my eyes and get comfortable, just before I feel the bed dip down and something snuggle into my chest. I open my eyes and look down to see Ricky.

“Hey, Ricks, I don’t want you getting sick,” I tell him, once again hating how my voice sounds.

“I can’t get sick, Chris,” he mumbles as he lets himself get comfortable. I smile and wrap my arms around him, holding him.

“So you’re gonna keep me company today?”

“Until your mom gets home, yeah.”

We lay there in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, until he speaks up.

“Uh, Chris?” he mutters, and from the corner of my eye, I see him tilt his head up to look up towards me. I tilt my head down so we make eye contact, and I also notice a small blush on his cheeks.

“Yeah, Ricky?” I reply curiously. He opens his mouth to speak, but quickly closes it again. He blushes harder just before he looks away.

“Nevermind, forget I said anything,” he tells me. I frown disappointedly. I’m not gonna push him to tell anything because I’d hate it if someone tried to do the same to me. But I also hate it when people get ready to tell you something but chicken out last minute. That gets really annoying too. I’m really want to know what he was gonna say, though, and it sucks knowing that I probably won’t ever know what he was gonna say.

He looks back up to me, “Chris? What’s wrong?”

I shake my head, “Nothing, I’m fine.”

“Liar. What’s up?”

I sigh. “You left me hanging, man. That’s not cool.”

It’s his turn to sigh now.

“I…” he starts quietly, tucking his head into my neck as he looks away sheepishly, blushing again.

“You..?” I encourage him to go on.

“Chris, I think I, uh...ya know…”

“No, I don’t know. I want you to tell me so I do know.” I had a feeling I knew what he was gonna say, but I wanna hear it from him, just in case my feelings are wrong. To be honest, I think I’ll die if he says what I think he says.

He sighs into my neck, the small puff of air tickling my neck slightly.

“I really, really, really, really, REALLY-” Ricky says, obviously stalling, but I cut him off.

“Just rip the bandage off, Ricky, get it over and done with,” I tell him seriously, but I doubt anyone would take me serious with a voice like this.

But Ricky did, so I guess people would.

“You know what, you’re right. Well, I like you, Chris, like, a lot. There, happy now? Now I’m gonna go in the closet and die- again,” Ricky confesses sassily as he rolls over in my arms and tries to pull out of them, but I tighten my grip on him. While that happens, butterflies brutally flutter around my stomach and I can feel myself blushing myself.

“Yes, I am happy now, and you’re not going anywhere.”

We’re both quiet for a while, until I speak up.

“I like you too, Ricky.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm tired as hell so here's a very shitty chapter for you guys. I love you all <3