Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter Three

It's around nine pm, and Nick is already sleep in my bed. I said he could sleep in it and I'd sleep on the floor and he didn't argue. I'm in the bathroom so I don't wake him up while I call Balz.

I FaceTime him and wait for him to pick up. He does after a few seconds. I smile at the excited face on my screen.

"Chris!" Balz exclaims excitedly and I shush him. He looks confused.

"My friend's sleeping," I tell him.

"Oh. How's the new house?" he asks me, his tone much quieter.

"This place is haunted," I answer. His face brightens at that.

"Seriously?! Awesome!"

"No, not awesome," I correct his false statement. He only laughs and I can feel heat rushing to my face.

"Awe, Christopher is scared of a little ghost!" Balz mocks me.

"Shut the fuck up, Nutsack," the nickname makes him as pissed as I am. "You don't have to live with it. I don't even know if it's hostile or not. It already broke some of my CDs."

"If it was hostile, don't you think it would have attacked already?"

As much as I hate to admit it, he's right.

No, wait, I still need more proof that it's harmless.

Maybe I can add that it ran away when it knew I heard it after it fucked with my CDs?

And that it actually picked them up and put everything back in it's spot and took care of the broken ones for me?

"See?"

"I said that out loud?"

"Mhm. So you still think it's hostile?"

Balz, you bitch. Now I can't lie.

"Now that I put it all together, it's most likely harmless. And it may even be a bit scared of me."

"Or maybe it likes you. Like, like like you," Balz suggests, a smirk creeping it's way onto his face. I scoff and roll my eyes. "Oh, have you met anyone you're into yet?"

I sigh.

"I met two cute guys, but one of them are straight and the other already has a boyfriend. But I'm not attracted to them romantically or anything, you know?"

"Uh-huh. So-"

"JOSH! DINNER!"

It must be six back at Scranton. We have like... a three hour time difference then.

"Bye, Chris!"

"Bye, Balz. I'll probably go to bed since it's like nine over here," I inform my best friend, and he understandingly nods before hanging up. I sigh and head back to my room to change into some comfier clothes. I peel my skinny jeans off and replace them with sweats before making the floor comfier with blankets and pillows.

Then my stomach growls.

I sigh as I get up and creep downstairs so I can get a snack but stop as I see something sitting on the couch with my mom's laptop in it's lap. I freeze. It's too busy scrolling through something and occasionally clicking to notice me, so I take advantage of that and study it. Like my 'hallucination' last night, it has dark shoulder-length hair and dark clothing. It's a guy, and the glow from the laptop helps me see that he's around my age and really cute. Like, cuter that Nick and Craig and Balz combined. I think? Let's just go with it. His crystal blue eyes are rimmed with dark makeup and he has pale skin.

Well, maybe it's because he's a ghost.

Does he even have skin?

Is he gonna be like mist or something?

I decide against getting a snack from the fridge and creep back upstairs.

What was he doing on the computer anyways?

<><><>

"I saw the ghost again," I tell Nick the second I see his eyes open.

"Yeah, okay," he said as he sits up and stretches. I roll my eyes at my best friend.

"Just get ready for school, okay?" I tell him.

"But what about you?"

"I'm ready, dumbass. Hurry up or I'll leave without you."

<><><>

Nick and I soon find ourselves approaching the school, and the second he sees Johnny, he throws himself into his arms. I see Johnny kiss Nick's forehead and whisper something in his ear and I smile. They're honestly really cute together. I walk past them and to my first class for today.

And what do you fucking know, I don’t fucking know anyone in here.

I sigh as I make my way to the back of the classroom and sit at one of the empty seats, the one in the far corner. After a couple minutes, a girl approaches, and a soft, hesitant voice speaks.

“U-um, sir, I usually l-like to sit the-there,” the voice of the girl stutters. I look up at her. She has what I’d call cyan blue hair and fringe, light blue eyes outlined with eyeliner, and a septum, and she looks really anxious and uncomfortable. I smile up at her and nod.

“Sorry bout that,” I say sweetly, and she calms a bit and smiles a bit.

“Thank you,” she says quietly, sounding way less anxious, but I can still hear a bit of it. I nod again before getting up and sitting in the seat next to hers as she sits.

“I’m Chris Cerulli, by the way,” I speak up again.

“I’m Nicole Kettle, but I don’t really like my name, so I go by Blue, the nickname my girlfriend gave me,” she answers. Then she looks as anxious as before. “A-are you okay with the fact that I-I have a g-girlfriend?”

I chuckle a bit.

“If I wasn’t, It’d be kinda hypocritical.”

“What?”

“I’m gay, Blue.”

“Oh, okay,” she says, and most of the anxiety leaves her voice again. “Do you have a boyfriend?”

“No,” I answer her.

“Do you have your eyes on anyone?” she asks quietly as she turns her whole body to face me. She leans forward, her elbows on her knees, holding her chin in her hands. I turn towards her too.

“Craig Mabbitt and Nick Matthews,” I answer. “But Craig’s straight and Nick already has a boyfriend.” She smiles at my answer.

“I used to have a crush on them too, actually,” she giggles. “And I totally ship Nick and Johnny! They’re just- awe! And is it bad that I ship Craig and Ronnie Radke too?”

I shrug. “Not really, and now that I think about it, they’d be cute together too. Too bad they’re both straight.”

“Yeah. I saw you hanging with the four yesterday. Are they nice? I’ve always been too scared to approach them,” she says. I nod.

“Why don’t you sit with us today?” I offer, and she sighs.

“I’d really love too, but I usually sit with my girlfriend.”

“She can sit with us too! Come on, they won’t bite! If they do I’ll rip their dicks off.”

She giggles at that, and finally agrees.

And that’s how I got my fifth friend the third day here in Washington.