Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter Eight

I wake up in the middle of the night when someone viciously shakes me. I sleepily protest and push the arms away from me, only to be yelled at.

“WHAT THE HELL, CHRISTOPHER?!” Mom screams at me, and I’m suddenly wide awake. She’s loud as fuck, I’m surprised the room isn’t fucking shaking. I also hear a thud from the closet but Mom’s too pissed to even notice. That’s good because that might’ve been Ricky.

“What?!” I cry, not knowing what I did wrong. “What did I do?!”

“DON’T ACT STUPID WITH ME! DID YOU THINK I WASN’T GONNA FIND OUT? FIRST OF ALL, I’M MISSING A FEW HUNDREDS AND THERE’S A BIG ASS GAMING SYSTEM AND GAMES I’VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE IN FRONT OF THE TV!”

Oh, the Xbox. I did not think this through…

“Oh. Sorry.”

“SORRY AIN’T GONNA CUT IT! YOU’RE FUCKING GROUNDED UNTIL I GET THE MONEY BACK!”

And with that, she bolts out of the room, slamming the door behind her. After a few seconds, the closet door opens and Ricky steps out.

“Sorry, Chris,” he apologizes, but I don’t know why. I shrug it off.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s worth it,” I tell him with a smile.

“Oh, okay,” he then tells me.

“Rick, do you sleep in there?” I ask him. He nods and turns to go back into my closet, but I stop him.

“Dude, is it even comfortable?”

“No, but it’s okay,” Ricky answers with a small smile. I shake my head.

“Don’t sleep in the closet, I know it has to be uncomfortable as shit,” I say. “Wanna sleep in my bed and I sleep on the floor?”

He shakes his head.

“Well, wanna sleep in the bed with me? It’s big enough,” I suggest, and deep down I really hope he says yes. He looks down at his feet and nods a bit, and I chuckle at how adorable he is. I bet he’s blushing. “Well, come on then.”

He shuffles over, but stops when he gets to it.

“Wait, what if your mom sees me?”

“Lock the door.”

He nods and moves to lock the door before coming back. He slides into the bed next to me and I hear him sigh contently.

“Way better, huh?” I ask with a smirk.

“Duh,” he mutters. “Night.”

“Night.”

We both lay there for a few minutes, my back turned towards him. I hear him snoring lightly afterwards, the sound bringing me to a peaceful sleep.

<><><>

When I wake up for school the next morning, Ricky’s no longer next to me. I’m kinda disappointed, but I get over it quickly so I can get ready for school. I start by brushing my teeth, then I move back into my room and put on some clothes. Again, I was disappointed when Ricky wasn’t in the closet, but at least he didn’t come sleep on the floor. I glance down at it and see a bunch of random shit laying across the floor. Fuck, you can’t even see the floor. Anyways, when I’m dressed, I head back into the bathroom and apply my makeup. When I’m all done, I go downstairs into the kitchen and make me some delicious cereal because my mom has milk now. When I’m done with that, I grab my bag for school and dash out of the house and to where Nick and Blue are waiting by the street for me. They both smile when they see me.

“Hey, Chris! Did you get in trouble or something?” Nick asks, and I raise a drawn eyebrow.

“Huh?”

“I heard someone yelling. Kinda sounded like your mom,” Nick informs me. “Woke me up.”

Great, so the fucking neighborhood heard her screaming at me in the middle of the night.

“Oh, yeah. I bought an Xbox for me and my friend with her money. I’m grounded until she gets the money back,” I tell him.

“That sucks, me and Adriana were gonna get everyone together and hang out this weekend,” Blue says sadly.

“You guys can still do it, don’t cancel your plans because of me,” I tell her, but she shakes her head.

“If it weren’t for you, it’d only be me, Adriana, and Lukas! I don’t even know Lukas that well! We’re not doing it unless you’re gonna be there!”

“Who’s Lukas?” Nick asks, and to be honest, I was about to ask myself the same thing.

“Adriana’s best friend. He doesn’t go to our school,” Blue answers. “But seriously, we’re not doing it. We’re rescheduling.”

I sigh. She’s not gonna do it without me.

The three of us walk to school in silence, until my phone buzzes in my pocket. A text…

I pull my phone out as Blue and Nick watch curiously. I raise an eyebrow at the contact.

“Balz?”

The two start chuckling at the nickname as I read his message.

Balz: d00d cant sleep ugh

me: what time is it over there?

Balz: lik 4

me: just maybe watch tv till you doze off or something

Balz: i tried dat a cpl hrs ago can i txt u in class or something

me: ok but if I get in trouble I’m going to Scranton and killing you


“Who’re you texting?” Blue curiously asks as she stands on her toes to try to look. The problem with that is that I’m like six feet and a couple inches tall while she’s probably almost five feet tall.

“My friend Joshua Balz,” I answer her.

“Is his name seriously Balz?” Nick then asks.

“Yup. I call him Nutsack when he pisses me off,” I answer, and the two start chuckling again. I chuckle at them for laughing.

“You guys are lucky I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Let's all congratulate Chris on getting grounded for stealing his mom's money until she gets paid.