Status: A work in progress

I Never Thought It Would Be You, but I Am Damn Sure Glad It Is

Diagon Alley and A Really Long Train Ride

*Alicia’s POV*
So today is the day to get school supplies! I am so excited. I cannot wait to get on the Hogwarts express. I am not one to usually wake up early but I am just so excited. I got up had a shower and got dressed . I ran down the hall and woke up my sister . My father told me that our grandfather wrote one of our textbooks. A true Ravenclaw if there ever was one. The first shop we went to was Ollivander’s. We walked into the shop and immediately a box came flying at me but a man caught it before it smacked me in the face. "Well Miss Trimble it seems that your wand lives within this box. My wand is 12 ¾ inches in length, made of Hornbeam wood with a dragon heartstring core that is surprisingly swishy. Gabrielle tried a couple of wands to find hers. Her wand floated out of the box and straight in to her hand. Gabrielle’s wand is 10 inches in length, made of Elm wood with a dragon heartstring core that is also surprisingly swishy. Next we got our pets and Gabrielle got a black cat. She called it Nightmare. He looked sad in his cage. He has a small chip in his left ear and he looks like he is wearing white shoes and gloves. I got a snowy owl. She's called Butterscotch. She is fully white and fluffy like fresh snow. She's so gentle and sweet just like my mom says. And then the day finally came. The day when we would be sorted into our house(s) for the next 7 years. We got to the station a little earlier so we could find a place to sit. When we got to Kings Cross it was like a ghost town. "Now we have to get on the platform." Our mom instructed. "Wait a minute…our tickets say Platform 9 3/4. There is no such thing as Platform 9 3/4. " actually there is its in between platforms 9 and 10 you have to run through this portal so you can get on to the platform." We get to the portal and looks very strange to me despite being of a pureblood wizarding family I inversed myself in all of the Muggle sciences, physics in particular and this defied physics. "We are supposed to just run through it right?" Gabrielle asked. "Yes you just run through that wall and you will be on the platform." Our father explained. I walk over to the portal cautiously and then proceeded to poke it. "Really Alicia?! We need to get to the train!" My sister yelled. "Hold on! I am investigating!" I reply. "Oh Merlin...Alicia MOVE!" Gabrielle screamed before running at the platform at full force. As more and more people got on the train we started hearing about this kid called Harry Potter. We know of Harry of course there isn't a wizarding family who doesn't know who Harry Potter is. This kid is a huge deal but I can't help but worry about Gabrielle. She is incredibly smart but she, according to our mother, has always had a bit of a mean streak. All of our family has been sorted into Ravenclaw. Our parents have no doubt that I am a Ravenclaw through and through however, they are not so sure with Gabrielle. "Wow. This view is amazing." Gabrielle sighed. "Yes it is." Suddenly the compartment door opens. "Excuse me, have either of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost one." "No sorry." Gabrielle replied. "I'm Hermione Granger, and you are?" "My name is Alicia Trimble and this is my sister Gabrielle. "Pleasure. You should change into your robes we will be arriving soon." And with that she left. We took heed to her warning and changed into our robes. What seemed like a few minutes later we were finally there. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.