To My Loyalty You Reside

Chapter 3

"Tell me, Daemyn, what do you think of this young prodigy?" asked the doctor to me in such a curious voice I could have killed him. I stirred a bit, but kept my eyes closed. I didn't even feel a presence in this school. How can I judge a girl I can not feel? I knew it was a young girl, due to the main fact that this man was a pure pervert. He enjoyed the rush he got from pilfering young women and forcing them through his ungodly creations. This man may claim himself a doctor, but he was no more a doctor than I human. Shooting my eyes open, I felt a twinge in my soul, almost like a small voice calling to me. It had been such a long while since I felt such a sensation I almost sprung to my feet, but I felt no need to excite the doctor. Rolling off my "couch", I stumbled toward the monitors, I began forcing the doctor cat out of the way. I stared at the screen holding the young girl running from the Frekinrir. It was an official failure called by the doctor.

The young girl had black hair to her knees, shining more brilliantly than any portal. Her eyes more radiant than any silver blade. Her skin the color of stars. She was quite fetching, but it was her soul that was calling to me. Could she be the one to entertain me? I watched as she locked the Frekinrir out of the assembly room. The screen swapped seamlessly to a split screen, showing the young girl and the Frekinrir. The Frekinrir is a mix between what this world calls a "body builder" and what my world calls a "Rushwa". A Rushwa in this world would be close to a wolf or werewolf. I watched curiously as the girl was calm, thinking clearly. That immediately lost my interest. I don't like people who always think their way out of their current situations. I like people who react to their base instincts. The instincts that keep the soul and body alive, not the mind. Sighing loudly, I walked back over to my bed. This girl was far too logical to be truly calling to my soul. Her instincts were far too dull for something so grand to take place.

"Now, now, Daemyn-"

"Lord." I corrected. After awakening in this hell-hole, I had no reason to allow such a low level beast to call my by just my name more than once. He had not earned that privilege. I am obviously much more superior than he or any other creature in this prison.

"Yes, yes, Lord Daemyn. You shouldn't judge so soon. After all, she is getting much farther than any other test subject thus far." he suggested wryly, as if trying to rile up my curiousity. I closed my eyes, ignoring the sensation in my soul. I refuse to have that girl be my partner. I heard something crash on the screen, but continued to ignore it. I had no reason to watch that girl wire herself through this prison built only to amuse this quack doctor. "Lord Daemyn, she found the Lab of Reoccurring." eased the doctor inside my mind with his voice. Easing my eyes open, I listened for the girl to be torn apart by the Frekinrir. The sensation in my soul refused to cease despite my growing hatred for that girl. Sighing, I turned my attention to the screen once more. I watched as the girl gathered up different chemicals. Now, what did she plan on doing with those? As far as I knew, those certain chemicals were highly explosive when combined in this world. I watched as my attention became extremely bored. She was again using her mind instead of her instincts, again. I had no true reason to watch this girl run through this hell-hole. She was like a tiny Rousé under my foot. I had no reason to make sure she got out alive.

She suddenly began creeping toward the door as though she had a plan. I yawned, as though I had awoken from a relaxing nap. Plans never truly acted or succeeded as the way you first made it born. Plans will always back-fire, blow up in your face and make sure you fail. Those who rely too much on pre-designed plans will not be able to react when something or someone destroys that "perfectly planned plan". Did this girl truly believe a plan would help her survive here? A plan can never truly lead you to victory because they can always backfire and kill you. If someone were to follow a plan to the end, like this young fool of a girl, their life would end horribly and quickly. She nimbly made her way to the door, opened it before running down the hallway with the Frekinrir on her path, so close I bet she could feel its breath sticking on her neck. How she planned to get out of this one was beyond me, nor did I care. A plan was never reliable. I watched her run through each hallway, I watched as her eyes scanned each detail looking for a way out, something to assist, anything she could make work. I again yawned my apparent boredom. This girl was far too logical to be my partner. How dare she survive for so long. She was insulting this very place and myself.

"Doctor." I said bluntly, my boredom being replaced by pure anger, maybe even rage. His eyes followed me as I began to leave the room. "I'm releasing them all." I stated with animosity sliding off my voice like poison before leaving the room, using powers only found in my home dimension. I wear chains on my limbs and limitieres on my soul, so I was not able to go far. I was able to get as far as I needed and found all my precious pets awaiting me. Pets from my dimension are all so much more reliable, loyal and strong than the lousy pets of this dimension. How these creatures could have such things as these could call even weaker beings pets is beyond me. "Ah, such beautiful sounds." I hummed aloud as each purred, roared, growled and made each of their significant noises native their fantastic species. They were each extremely powerful, and worth as much money as my own race. There were very, rare, I guess would be the word this world would use to describe these creatures. I originally had no desire to release my pets in this world, but I had no desire to watch this girl win this race. "Now, listen closely." I began as all the cages unlocked at once, allowing each of them their freedom. "There is a girl winning my maze, she is cunning, thoughtful, and wise. I hate her. She is far too logical and forces me to watch as she lives. I want nothing of her. Do with her as you please, but do not die. I wish her dead but not you. Be mindful of her limits." I warned as each roared past me. "Such beautiful pets." I hummed once more as I made my way back to the doctor. My relief began to pour through my veins as I knew for certain that this little bithoku will not survive the next hour.

Opening the door to the watchtower was excruciating. I would have to stay in such a room with the doctor until this young lady was done and gone forever. Maybe even for the rest of my days if I am not careful. I know I am searching for a partner, but I am unaware of why. This place has erased many of my memories, but that does not bother me as much as it would to others. Reclaiming my spot in front of one of the monitors, watching as the lights on the screen form images to my anger. The doctor eyed me down with his Feronci eyes, but I made it a decision to ignore such a intolerable man. I watched as the young girl watched every hallway with close attentive eyes, they seemed to follow even the smallest particle of dust. I sighed with such a migraine that I thought for sure my head would explode. Her attentiveness was driving me insane! How could she be so attentive at a time like this?! Just let go an explore with instinct you foolish Carcean! My thoughts were roaring at me like my own personal court. Those voices were not assisting in calming my mind, but instead assisted my migraine into annoying myself to another dimension.

"Now, if only I can find that doctor feline guy." She said aloud before moving on slowly in the dark hallway. The lights in this hallway must have been busted by the Frekinrir when he came bounding through before her. I couldn't resist slapping my forehead. How could she be so intellectual right now? Removing my hand so I could, unfortunately, watch he again as she became less aware of her surroundings but more aware of her plans. I watched as she suddenly stopped and took a few vials of chemicals from her back pocket. She began mixing different colored chemicals together. Some were extremely bright in color, others were dull, while the rest seemed to be neutral. Was it the chemicals themselves that looked so extremely bright? I shook my head. This girl will be the death of me before she becomes my partner. I watched her cock a wily smile before running off down the hallway as though she had gotten away with a successful murder. I felt the sudden soul pull once more, maybe even stronger than the rest that had occurred, as she smiled. Could it be that she's learning how to become instinctual?