To My Loyalty You Reside

Chapter 4

There's one trap, now if only I can figure out where to put the rest of the chemicals I have left. I knew that these would melt the floor similar to the strongest acid, I knew it would take time so I couldn't rely on this trap alone. I thought to myself that I was running out of time. I began running through the thing hallway, hoping to find that feline before I get eaten by that huge monstrosity.While I was still trying to figure out how and when that beast thing had finally quit following me, but I couldn't care right now. I just have to get out of-

A roar so loud and terrible I thought my teeth would shatter, interrupted my thought. It was so loud it broke the windows, shattered the tiles on the ceiling, and cracked open the floor so wide it looked like craters had been opened to Hell. The chasms were so deep they led to nothing but pure emptiness, darker than any void. The roar echoed once more, only I think a couple more different ones harmonized with it. Now how many more of those things do I have to deal with?! It's hard enough to deal with just one of them! Now what was I going to have to deal with? I took a peek behind me, despite the little voice screaming at me not to inside my mind. I saw nothing. Then I realized I really was seeing nothing. I screeched to a stop and waved my hands in front of my eyes. I couldn't see anything! Not my hands, not the hallway, not the broken windows, not anything! What happened? Did I run into something that blinded me? I tried to find my pant leg that was covered in blood, but couldn't remember which one it was. I began shaking with fear. If I couldn't see, how was I going to survive?! I began running blindly, literately, down the hallway, running into walls, doors, window frames, anything that could be ran into. I finally found my way around a door and locked myself into a room. I felt the floor vibrate underneath me as the things that roared began walking past me. They were so heavy, the ceiling began falling to the ground, crashing so loud that I felt some of the cracked pieces slide under the door and hit both of my legs. How many were there? Were they big or were there just a lot of them? I was so scared my breath was suffocating me. I fell to my knees, crawling on the floor like a mouse caught in a mouse trap. I tried hard not to cry, how could I not cry at a time like this?! I tried to think about how I knew that the ceiling had cracked and the floor and made chasms. How could I know this if I could not see?!

I found my way to a corner, I think, and curled up in the sharp connecting of walls, or what I thought were walls. Now what am I going to do? I ignorantly agreed to this ludicrous arrangement by suspicious people I knew would cause me fear or pain. I could laugh until I died over this amazing situation. I was far too scared to even understand how I got myself into this mess to begin with. One second I'm reading a suspicious letter that probably had a transmitter in the envelope, and the next I'm in a death maze from Hell to earn my own personal fantasy reality! A fantasy that may as well never exist in the first place! How could I be so gullible? The thumping on the floor grew louder and stronger as those things began to come back towards the room. I tried to slow my breathing, but only ended up biting my tongue. I flinched as I heard a scratching noise. Were those claws? I listened closer and sure enough, I heard claws scratching on the destroyed floor outside the wooden door. Wait, wooden door? How did I know that the door was made of wood? I thought back to when I locked myself in the room. I remember gliding my hand along the door, trying to find the lock. But in that frantic state, how do I remember that the door was wooden? Whatever, I don't have the time to think this through right now. Rushing around, I tried to find a bat, or blunt object, something to hit those beasts upside their heads with! I had no time to be afraid right! I have to move, I have to fight, I have to survive! I can't give up like some simpleton right now! Not now, not ever! I'm far too strong to crawl on the floor like a crushed worm!

Sighing in frustration, I slid down a nearby wall after finding nothing. Now what? I know the door is wooden, but how could that possibly help at a time or situation like this? I heard clicking on the floor. They were turning around. I heard echos in the room I was in and flinched. Had they somehow gotten inside? I listened closer and I could hear wind moving. It was going through a wall. Somehow, I knew there was broken glass on the floor, where the falling railings from the ceiling were, I could tell where flipped over desk were, it was like I could see without seeing. Finding the air hole, it felt like it led to freedom of the outside world. Pushing open what felt like an intact window. This allowed the wind to become much fiercer. I had to be at least three floors up from the safety of the outside ground. Climbing through the window, without thinking, I pulled myself onto the narrow ledge. I could feel my toes slide off and the rest of my foot stay stable. The ledge itself can't be any larger than 6 inches. Moving slowly to my left, I let the wind tell me where the edges of the school, facility, research building thing was. I could hear the wind as it bent around corners, I could feel it as it blew along the walls. Who knew being blind could be the best way to survive an unknown environment. Keeping my balance more than usual, I assumed it was because I couldn't actually see how high up I was, I soon found another intact window. Laying my hand on it, gently, I felt no vibrations. I assumed there was nothing inside and pushed it opened. I was genuinely surprised when it opened. I guess I was expecting it to be locked. This really is a test.

Landing softly on the tiled floor, I began "seeing" the room. The air bounced about the walls, allowing me to know what was there and what wasn't. I was delighted to know there were no creatures in that room with me. Pushing myself forward, I forced myself to gather any objects that could cause some damage to those giants "pets" outside. I froze as I heard claws on metal flooring just outside the metal door in the front of the room. This must be a floor that is used for explosion tests or something. I followed the wind the best I could in this unknown environment. I found the point of down wind in the room, hoping it would carry my scent out the window with it. Without thinking about how wind could rationally enter a room then leave again, I just went with my instincts, which I rarely did at any point in my life. As the claws died away, almost slipping away like a forgotten dream, I began my blind hunt for weapons. Feeling across a teacher desk, I found an incredibly sharp knife. Most likely a hunter knife. The blade itself was over 8 inches long, the handle was made with a base of wood laced with a type of metal covering, most likely to make it last longer in use. It was no fancy knife, it just had a simple straight blade, no curves or any particular/noticeable type of indention. It wasn't a folding knife either, so I began searching for a durable cloth or material to make a holding pouch out of for me. Finding some durable, raw leather, I began fashioning it into a holder for the knife. Though I had never sewn before in my life, I was somehow able to fashion a quick, durable holder. When it was finished, I tied it around my left upper thigh and slipped the knife in. It fit snugly into its new home, then I tied it in so it wouldn't stab my thigh while I walked or ran. Finding some more raw leather I began fashioning more bags to hold the other useful weapons I found. Slipping my two small leather cases that held the chemicals I stole earlier onto my belt, I slipped another knife holder onto my right upper thigh, slipped a few bullet casings into my outer shoe, found some broken glass and slipped it into my belt and found some extra, tough cloth and made some durable, fingerless gloves. Finding no reason to leave my eyes uncovered, I used some of the durable cloth to fashion a blindfold so I don't have to go back to my habit of using my eyes.

Feeling ready, and much more confident, I began using my available senses, mainly auditory and touch, to make my way out of my new-found enclosed cage. I felt a vibration in the air, almost like a silent scream that pulsed so loud though there was no sound. The air itself seemed to move, as if the air itself were trembling. Why? Why and how would the air be trembling? It doesn't make much sense, logically, but neither does this place, I thought to myself quietly as I shook my head of my logic reality. Out with logic I guess. It'll only get me killed at this point in the game. The only thing I can do now is find a way out of this maze of game, get out alive I might add would be appreciated, then get back to a some-what normal civilization. One that I can now deal with now that I've experienced this kind of reality. That is, if there is such a thing as normal civilization for me anymore.