To My Loyalty You Reside

Chapter 5

"Hmm..." I stared at the screen as it traveled with the young girl. I couldn't help but feel distracted. This girl who had started this maze logically has now become instinctually. I wonder what had awoken her deep embedded instincts. Maybe it was this maze after all. The numb calling in my soul began to erupt again. Why was it bothering about this woman again? This human couldn't possibly be my partner...could she? If so, she needs to wise up a little more. Though she is on the right path to becoming my partner, she isn't "loose" enough, ready, or instinctual enough to be my partner. She is still just a girl in my eyes, plus she couldn't possibly be loosening her restraints on her soul already, could she? If so, maybe she could change my mind after all. It takes more than just necessary will to awaken numb instincts from a primal living, if she has awoken them so early in this maze, then she has a chance yet.

"Are you interested in her at all now?" asked the doctor as he peered over my shoulder like curiosity was his first find in life. I tilted my head toward him slightly, only to see his smile crawling on his face. That smile would be described as "Cheshire like" in this world, though in my world it be called "wroshkin suvo". That smile left a crawling feeling on my skin. I couldn't help my skin at all as it began to crawl at the sensation of those awful teeth smiling down at me from my shoulder. This man is far too excited to be this close to my proximity. This man, this Feronci, had truly pushed his stability. I watched as his tail fished about, sometimes falling apart in computer-like bits, other times reforming like a fresh sprouting Roukoné. I shook my head of its frustration, hoping this thing would finally leave me be for once in this wretched life. This place is annoying as it is without this thing baring over my shoulder and making me his personal amusement toy. His breath was hot on my neck as he leaned ever closer to the monitor as the girl became more aware of where the cameras were hiding. She was evading them quickly, silently, and much like a phasru. I never knew a human could move like a phasru. Quite entertaining, or at least it would be if this "doctor" wasn't breathing down my spine.

"Doctor." I hummed quietly with no apparent emotion in my voice as he turned his head toward mine. I forced my rage to be displayed on my face. I felt my eyes become strict, my fangs enlarge, and my voice deepen to a democshrin level. "If you do not move your body from mine you will be disassembled like one of your useless machines, is this understood?" I growled as he quickly withdrew from my presence. His apologies were not worth my time or his wretched wasted breath to say them. I continued my sight to the monitor as I relaxed my rage once more. This girl has been successfully evading all cameras, causing the doctor to drag out another monitor so he could get as close to her success as he could without invoking my rage. I could tell where she was, where she stepped without the need of these monitors. The doctor on the other hand was amazed he couldn't find her anywhere on his screen. I still felt no reason to follow her. She may be awakening, but I have no reason to help her. She is still like a newborn. I am no caretaker nor a nurturer. If she wishes to grow even stronger, to either impress me or to survive, which ever suits her better, she will need to awaken herself fully. Though, right now, she had my full attention on her growth. She was advancing much faster than any other girl that Feronci had brought, which intrigued me all so slightly. It was still not enough to impress me to continue to watch her triumphs. If she were to advance even faster, maybe I would watch her some more, but she is still to young for my taste. I will leave her to die by my pets instead. She will not survive much longer anyway. Becoming far too bored to watch this drivel anymore, I rose from my seat to stretch. My limbs were numb from being paralyzed with ennui. Turning my back on the monitor, I felt relief knowing I no longer was going to watch such disgusting entertainment.

"Oh my!" exclaimed the doctor so loud, I thought my ears would split. I could have sworn my ears were bleeding, feeling a sensation like blood trickle from them. "She is truly incredible! Please! Lord Daemyn! You must come watch!" said the doctor so excited I thought it possible he would become a successful combustion. Sighing, I knew if I ignored his blather some more he would soon leave me to my thoughts, but I knew that his fanatic squealing would ruin my already sensitive hearing. Reclaiming my seat, I looked at a blank screen showing nothing that would cause any excitement in my soul. The numb calling began to grow louder, almost like a screaming inside me, as I saw but a flash of her shadow. My eyes widened as I realized this girl may be more than just a human. I felt a twinge of pain surge through my mind. I heard a cracking sound, almost like glass getting a crack from slight pressure. I grabbed my head, trying to find the source of the pain but found nothing but louder, blurred voices. What was this sensation?! "Lord Daemyn?" questioned the doctor. His voice seemed so distant. Why? Why was everything fading away to nothing? The cracking was getting louder, the voices were getting more barbaric, bright, blurred images flashed so fast past my mind's eyes I thought I was going to be sick! What was that last one?! What was I-It all stopped suddenly. What stopped suddenly? I felt so tired. So bored. I stood up from my chair, feeling no connection to what happened, though I'm sure it was nothing important, and ambled over to my bed. I felt no more reason to watch this girl who resembled a phasru. "Lord Daemyn, are you returning to sleep?" asked the doctor in a low, sly voice. I felt no reason to answer that imbecile. I simply closed my eyes, found a comfortable spot on my side and fell into blissful sleep, though I'm not sure why the doctor is allowing me to do so. It is rare for him to return his attention to any test subject in his maze. Maybe she had his attention due to his fascination with this world. Though, I had no connection, I ignored his playing.

"Oh my!" squealed the doctor like a small child. I growled a threat at him to shush, but his voice refused to silence. He continued to delight himself about what he was experiencing on the monitor, annoyance began to run cold in my veins like ice. I finally turned toward the doctor to see him practically dancing in the air with delight over what he had seen. I shook my head of my growing migraine, hoping that this act of childishness will be soon to pass. But the longer I waited, the more I watched him grow more excited. How long had I been asleep for? I glanced at the glistening clock made of ryuokotsu stone. It shown that I had only been asleep for an hour. I sighed a slight breath, hoping this was a nightmare that will soon end. The longer I waited, the more adrenaline seemed to be admitting from that things body. Growling out my frustration, I finally decided to sever that man's throat with his body. As I moved from my bed, his eyes fell upon me before I could pounce him. His eyes glistened brightly as he watched my movements. "Oh my Lord Daemyn! You must see this young girl! She is beyond spectacular! Are there words to describe her in any language?!" he questioned with no need for an answer. His voice was growing on my last nerve.

"Doctor, if you wish to keep your voice, I suggest you stop your struggling with words." I seethed as his eyes fell upon me once more. As his movements about the room became more and more sporadic, I came to slightly fear this thing. He broke the guidelines to be a Feronci long ago. Could this man be classified as anything any longer? His sanity could no longer be located, that was now a fact. Now what could be so entertaining for this thing to lose his mind over? Sighing, I claimed my chair in front of glowing monitor. Again, I saw no girl, not even a shadow. As my eyes adjusted to the light of the screen, I felt pain well up in soul. One of my precious pets had been slain but that struggling newborn. How dare she grow so strong while I slept! Slamming my hands on the table so hard, the monitors fell to the tiled floor, shattering as though they were made of glass. The doctor stopped his fanatic ranting and praising to watch me closely. His hands in the air as though he were praying, his eyes locked on my back bearing holes into my rage. Despite all the commotion that Feronci has caused, I left him be for the time being. That little bitch had to die first. I'll do it by my own hands this time. As I stalked to the door, the doctors voice raised to catch my attention before I could lay my hand on the knob.

"Lord Daemyn, if I may, this is not what you wanted? You wanted to push the girl to her limits, break those limits and find new power yes?" he questioned in a tone as though he already knew the answer. I paused to think over his words carefully before acting. Though he spoke the truth, I felt more rage for her killing one of my pets. I had raised those creatures since the day they were conceived. They protected me from many kinds of evils, those creatures became more than just minor pets to me, they were my guardians. Now it is time I protect them, even after they had left me here in this hell hole. I cannot allow them to be trapped here in this plane, in this universe that believes in no such thing as us. I must bring them home with me. But where exactly is home? As I stood in front of the door, I began thinking of all the things I knew about myself. I found that although I knew much, I knew not enough. I found holes in my memory where completion should be. If I had to percentage it, I truly only had 5% of my memory. Now I am wondering about my rage and the memories I do have. Were they lies or just incomplete? Who or what am I really? Why am I looking for a partner? My head began to spin. Now what was going to happen to me? Just as the pain hit an ultimate climax, I forgot what I had been thinking about. Shaking my head I turned slightly to the calm doctor, which is quite unusual.

"Doctor, I will have my revenge. Testing that thing is one option, but for her to kill a pet most beloved by me, she will fail if I must kill her by my own hands." I mused as I shattered the door by turning the knob. As I entered the silent halllway, the splintered door reconfigured itself to its original shape, as though I had not demolished it. Now, I must show this thing true fear.