Stay for the Night If You Want To

senior year

I layer in my bed tossing and turning. The first day of my senior year was tomorrow. There was so much to think about. Prom, grades, classes, friends, and mostly importantly the boy I've been crushing on since 10th grade. I tried closing my eyes and getting sleep, but it didn't seem to work well.

I walked slowly across the room, by my computer stand, and picked up my guitar. I gently laid it crossed my body. Folded my leg over top of my other leg, and began to play the song that I've been working on all summer. I started the day school let out, and still haven't finished it yet, but I swore to myself it would be done by next week.

I tried not to be too loud. My mom was sleeping two rooms over, and she had to be up for working at six. I glanced at the clock 11:30. I'll play until 12:00, and then I have yo hit the hay. I strummed singing the words that I had so far. Singing as always been a hobby of mine. I sang in the talent show in sixth grade and ever since then I sing everyday. I didn't actually start writing music until I felt pain. Which was when my dad walked out on us. It was hard, but my music got me through it.

I was in the middle of playing when my phone went off. I leaped up to grab it. A text message was across the screen.

Vic: Kellin I can't sleep. Please tell me your awake?

Vic has been my friend since 8th grade. I didn't start to develope feelings for him until 10th grade. He doesn't know that I like him, but this is going to be the year I tell him

Me: yeah I'm up. Trying to finish this song.

I laid my phone next me on the floor. I picked my guitar up, and started to strum again. My voice filled my room, and I had to keep pressuring myself not to be too loud.

Vic: you'll finish I know you will. I'm nervous for tomorrow.

I knew I would finish the song too. I'm the type of person that once I set my mind on something I don't stop until is accomplished.

Me: don't be nervous. It will be fine. We've got each other. Do you want to meet at our usual place?

me and Vic are totally different from each other. He has no problem fitting in. Everybody loves Vic. I mean what's not to love. He's out going, he has the pretties brown almond shaped eyes, his hair is a perfect length, and the girls his hair holds makes the girl jealous, his figure his perfect. He can pull skinny jeans off better than half the girls that attend our high school. He's all around a gorgeous human being.

Vic: exactly we've met up everyday since 10th grade. I'm going to sleep tho. See ya in the morning.

I glanced at the clock 12:12 already. Oh my god I better get some sleep. 6:30 comes around quicker than usual.

I laid by guitar down and climbed back into my bed. Placing my phone on the stand beside my head. I closed my eyes and before I knew it my alarm was going off.