Who Would Have Known

Bad News

His arms were wrapped around me; I could feel his breath grow shallow with every word I spoke. “My father wants me to marry the black mountain leopard prince. I don’t have a choice, Nick.” His voice was ruff; I could feel the tears falling out of his blue eyes, as they hit the top of my brown head.

“What does that mean for us? Does that mean I can’t even be on your guard? Does that mean I can’t even see you anymore? I get it, we can’t be together. Sky I have to be able to at least see you. I have to know that he is not hurting you.” I pull myself up so our eyes connect, his blue eyes piercing into my hazel ones “I am not losing you, I am not marring him. I will play along, but baby I will not marry him. I do not care what my father says, I love you.”

This calms him down for now, but I knew that I really did not have a choice. I would lose him, I would marry the prince. I could fight it all I wanted to, could say I would not all day long. But one way or another I would be tied to him. He would be here tomorrow afternoon, and after that my life would not be mine anymore.

I woke up with eyes upon me, and Nick nowhere in sight. “Father, where is Nick?” “He is doing his job, and he is not your concern anymore Skylar.” My father looked very regal standing above me; his shinning gold crown stood five inches above his head, the red gems polished to their absolute limit. The coat made of black silk fit his body perfectly; it showed the muscles of his biceps, the massive shoulders stood out underneath it. It matched the dark purple almost black suit pants he wore. I knew at that moment that I would not be able to breathe today; my corset would be as tight as hippo trying to fit into a size zero.

Today would not be fun.

Today was about impressing my soon to be husband.

“What do you mean none of my concern anymore? He is still going to be on my guard father.” I was pulled out of bed by Crystal, my second. I was an alpha in my own right and if anyone I wanted to challenge they first had to prove themselves by fighting up the food chain, when they got to my third they would met Kris, my second Crystal, and my first Star. These three have been my best friends since we were cubs. Our mothers thought it was the perfect union.

Kris was the smallest, but she could still beat the ass of almost any male out there. She does not look very intimidating, with her baby blue eyes that are covered with purple eye shadow today. Her blonde hair in tight ringlet curls around her round race. She is only five foot nothing; she is the baby of our group.

Crystal, the tomboy, her green eyes can make you feel two feet tall; Kris always gets on her, because she hardly ever wears anything that suits her body. And she has one, curves like an hourglass. Her red hair pushed up in a long pony tell, the ends of meeting the small of her back.

Star is the odd ball of the group, she is so silly. She can make you laugh even on a horrible day. Her grey eyes are cold, and hard to anymore who doesn’t know her, her white hair is just in a short pixie cut so that she does not have to deal with it. Her five foot seven frame hovers above all of us short people. Crystal is only five foot three, and I am only five foot five. That makes her look even more intimidating, which is one of the reasons she is my first.

“Skylar, it means what it means.” Father sighs. “What no! You cannot make me marry someone and not let me at least see him” I’m in my father’s face, Crystal holding on to my arm still just in case.

“Skylar your fiancé asked if he would not be around right now. You two need to get to know each other. You are not going to do that with your ex-fiancé hiding in the shadows. Girls I want her ready and presentable in three hours. Knock her out if you have to Star, she will be there when they arrive.” He walks out the room without even a glace back at my fallen form.