Our Blackest Parade

Chapter 7

Matt’s betrayal

Mikey was quick, I tailed him as much as I could, god he was quick though. He ran thought the crowded streets in broad daylight. I caught up with him and dragged him down the nearest alley.
“What are you doing” I exclaimed.
“I need to go” he spat.
“Not like that, no way” I said “You’re a werewolf Mikey, you’ve been seen and officials will hunt you down and what will Laura say or think”
“Gerard, please, she needs me” he said sorrowfully.
“Calm down and change back then we’ll both go” I said calmly.
“Gerard, I’m dangerous, leave me, take Ray, Bob and Frank and go, the ones you think are close to you aren’t” he said miserably.
“What” I shouted.
“Your friends may be hidden enemies, keep your friends close and enemies closer, remember that Gerard” he dejectedly.
“Mikey, shut up, your talking crap” I hissed.
A heavily coated man appeared at the other end of the alley, he approached us even though Mikey was blatantly a werewolf.
“Werewolf” Mikey said “This is a werewolf I can smell it”
The man stood next to me before peeling his coat and jacket off.
“Syn” I exclaimed.
“Gerard, I thought it was you I had to check” he said pleasantly “Mikey welcome to the dark side”
I still had a tight grip on Mikey, I wasn’t going to let him go again.
“On a more serious note, all of you guy’s must leave town tonight” he said as he checked who was nearby.
“Why, what’s going on” I said puzzled.
“I was taking a walk from Matt’s mansion last night, I saw Matt laid on the floor so I went to see what he was up to but he wasn’t alone. He was with Helena, I quietly crept to the nearest shelter, I could still hear. He’s after you guys, he’ll get you one by one and Helena want’s you Gerard.” he whispered.
“Where’s Bob, Ray and Frank” Syn asked.
“Shit with Matt” I exclaimed.
Mikey looked at me before trying to move to the hospital, he then bit my arm, blood splattered everywhere.
“I’m sorry Gerard, she’s my wife I’ll protect her whatever the cost” he said.
He then ran towards the hospital.
“Let’s go Gerard, The Rev’s brought his car, were parked round the back. I followed Syn to the car where Syn, Johnny and Zacky sat. My arms was bleeding heavily before Zacky put his scarf round it. We sped off back to the mansion. As we entered there was no sound before we left there was 50 guests now nothing. I followed Syn to Matt’s room. I opened the huge pine doors to reach him, he was sat there with Frank, Bob and Ray. Frank looked in bad shape.
“Sorry, it had to be this way Gerard” he said sadly.
“Why do this we only want to help the normal people the ones who have no curse, no protection and don’t live forever” I spat.
“I have never betrayed the vampire’s until now, I have stuck by your kind for hundreds of years with my friends whom have taken your side” he bellowed.
The Rev stepped forward.
“Matt, please don’t do this, we can forget it, we can start again somewhere new” he pleaded.
“We have done everything together from war to bands, why choose her, she will lead to your demise” Syn snapped.
“It’s better to have loved and lost than to never love at all” Matt screamed, Helena joined us in his room. She pranced about for a minute admiring Matt who sat on his throne.
“You’re the leader of the werewolves, that’s why Alessa told us to go here, because of you” I hissed “Helena worships you, you told her what to do”
“Yeah, I’m good in that way, I still need your help guys as he looked at the four members of his band, we can fuck this world up” he laughed.
“Would we want to fuck the world that were living in, you complete idiot” Zacky screamed “Friend eh? If you’re my friend I’d rather die”
“That could be arranged” Matt hissed.
I stood shocked and unclear what to do, do I kill them both, but Matt’s a friend and Helena will die shortly I had a feeling. Zacky totally lost control he ripped off his clothes and skin into his werewolf form. Strands of saliva hung from his yellow teeth, Matt laughed.
“You think that will scare me, you’re weak you’ll never have the power, to take me on you must be strong” he giggled.
Matt leapt from his throne and transformed into the marbled coloured werewolf, Helena also changed into her white wolf form. Zacky jumped towards Matt, whom just slashed his thick skin open, blood trickled down his grey fur, he yelped in pain.
“Leave them” I cried, Matt had Zacky by the neck.
“What will you do to make me stop killing him” he hissed.
My rage grew, my hands began to glow red, I needed blood, I leapt on Matt and released Zacky from his grip. I grabbed my sliver knife that was in the blood soaked letter from Helena that Alyssa had left. I drove it into his arm, he cried out torture. Helena ran towards me her teeth inches from my face but then a loud bang made her turn to see Mikey in his black werewolf form. He rammed Helena though the building wall.
“ I don’t want to hurt you” I cried as I held the knife above Matt’s chest.
“Do it, end this pitiful life” he muttered.
“Why do this Matt, why”
“Love”
You truly love her, the most evil women on the earth and you truly do, you can see” I said sadly.
“Yeah, her death would bring the demise of mine, the last pure werewolves” he murmured.
“Gerard, I told her to do all those things, to get Mikey and you”
“But Alessa turned me” I cried
“Alessa my sister” Matt whispered.
“What” I cried.
“Were relatives I’m the first werewolf and she the first vampire, I was the one who turned Lestat into a Werewolf not Dracula” he continued “Alyssa is still alive, would Helena really kill her”
“Where is she then” I screamed, my rage growing again.
“Here” he whispered.
I looked next to me Alyssa stood there in her full glory, not a scratch on her.
“Gerard, we needed you” she said softly.
“For what, you said to destroy the werewolves but your Matt’s sister” I screamed.
“There something more dangerous than our kind and the werewolves” she whispered.
“A cult was created to stop the vampires and werewolves from ever dying, DNA was frozen and implanted into eggs which were bred by humans. These creatures seem the same yet they are the most dangerous creature that exist on our planet.
“Why, what’s so powerful about them” I argued.