Status: Although there are 16 chapters written for Omega Lupus, I'm currently in the process of editing each one; smoothing out the plot holes, correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes, that sort of thing. Nonetheless! I will update when I can ^^

Omega Lupus

CHAPTER Two |Dame|

“Lil, what do you think?”

She doesn’t even look up, her eyes scanning whatever novel she’s reading now, “Hmmm?” she mumbles when she realizes I’m staring at her expectantly.

I sigh, “Come on! You’re killing me!”

She rolls her eyes, their familiar green brown depths filled with annoyance, “Damien. Stop. Worrying.” She says slowly, “Thomas is on edge as it is. Much more fear scent in here and he’ll Shift.”

Thomas glances up from across the jet’s cabin, his eyes dark with his size changing pupils. I sigh, looking out the window, “I’m just nervous.”

She shakes her head, smiling, “We can handle that, but you’re scared Dame. Don’t be. If this Luna is her? Great! If not? We still have 48 other packs we can visit.” She was referring to the 48 other packs, other than ours, the Frankfort Pack, and the one we were en route to visit, the Nashville Pack. The Alpha Male there, someone named Drake, had contacted my father to inform him they had an unmated Luna. Since I was an unmated Alpha we were all hoping for fireworks. Drake also had a son named Gabriel. It’d definitely be convenient if he was Lil’s Soulmate.

“What was her name again?” Lil asks.

“Kelsey.” I down the last of the Coca Cola in the bottle I’d been drinking from

“We’ll be landing in a couple minutes.” Thomas says suddenly, strapping himself into his seat.

Lillian grins, nudging me, “Ready or not…”

Swallowing hard, I finish, “here we go.”

The touch down is swift and easy and when we get off the private jet, thanking the pilots, three people stand below. Their scents, stronger than a human’s, are undeniably werewolf. The two in front, the Alphas I guess, merely watch as we approach, expressions aloof. The third, a golden brown haired boy a little younger than me, stares past me. This must be the unmated Alpha. He stares at Lillian, but neither seem to respond so I know my sister still hadn’t found her Soulmate.

“Welcome Damien, Lillian, Thomas.” Drake greets us, his voice carefully measured. He’s definitely impressive in appearance. Tall and fairly muscled with ash blonde hair cut short and stormy gray blue eyes. There’s little difference between him and his mate really. She’s tall too, though nowhere near his height and beautiful in an Ice Queen sort of way with long, autumn gold hair and stony, light brown eyes.

“I’m Drake. This is my mate Sarah, and son, Gabriel.” The Alpha Male says.

I want to reply with heavy sarcasm, but Lillian’s gaze drilling a hole in the back of my skull reminds me to keep my head, “I’m pleased to meet you all. My father sends his regards.” I say civilly, flashing the faintest smile. Drake merely blinks in response and moves to the side, careful not to turn his back to us. Behind them a shiny black hummer beckons and we all move forward, Thomas just behind my right shoulder and Lillian on my left, matching me step for step. My sister was never going to be the type to let someone else hold the reins without good reason, making me thankful she’d never shown interest in our pack’s leadership. She was older by 10 months, but had been adamant about letting me keep the Frankfort Pack, despite the fact that it was rightfully hers. If she ever suddenly decided she did want my place she’d be more than able to take it back.

Yet, as she smiles nervously at me before slipping into the hummer’s backseat I sigh softly and know I can trust her, perhaps more than almost anyone. Then I realize Thomas is right behind me, forcing me into the middle seat, protective and paranoid as ever. I roll my eyes and get comfortable, directing two annoyed glances at my Beta and Lillian, which they pointedly ignore. As Sarah and Drake get in, Gabriel between them much like I am, Drake begins questioning me about my pack and my father and mother’s wellbeing. I answer deftly and we continue the miserable small talk all the way to where the Nashville Pack is located. Thomas and Lillian get out first when the vehicle stops and Tommy holds the door open so I can slide out behind him. Gabriel looks boredly around, impatience clear in his constantly shifting feet.

I mentally smirk and pause to scan the area, more to cause Drake’s son discomfort than anything else, but the pack owned forest of pines that shields the heart of the Nashville Pack from the outside world is impressive. The ground is grassy and almost the entire area is deeply shadowed by the towering trees. Buildings of various sizes, though all made of local timber like cabins, stands haphazardly scattered about, but the largest looms just ahead. The only two-story in sight, I know this is the Alphas’ home and where Pack meetings are held.

Drake and Sarah start toward the building, and I follow with Lillian and Thomas close behind. Stepping inside it’s warm and welcoming with about two and a half dozen wolves in the main room, everyone dressed in their best attire. Each person we pass exhibits submissive signals until we finally stop, the Alphas standing back a little. A red haired girl with bright, sparkly green eyes, wearing a soft green sweater and black leggings under a black skirt steps forward. There’s a sweetness about her and the warm smell of honeysuckles wafts from her lightly freckled skin.

She beams, coming to stand in front of me, “Hello Damien, I’m Kelsey.” She introduces in a melodious voice, her calm, confident posture and slightly tilted head adding to her appearance, more magical pixie child then young werewolf. I understand more than before why Luna wolves are so highly sought after.

I smile down at her, “I’m pleased to meet you Kelsey.”

She dips her head and sweeps her gaze over our expectant audience, “I’m afraid to say I don’t think we’re Soulmates Damien,” She speaks in a gentle, but serious tone now, starkly contrasting with her warm expression, “but I’d love to talk for a while if you’d be willing?”

I glance at Lilliam who shrugs nonchalantly but I know she’s as disappointed as I am. Kelsey will make an excellent Alpha Female someday, but it wouldn’t be for our pack. I reply cheerfully, “It seems so, doesn’t it? Well, I’d love to talk.”

She bounces happily, “Wonderful.” Then she leads me to the back of the room where a bar table is set up. She sits down in one of the stools and I follow suite, glancing about as she begins a mostly one sided conversation. I see Thomas and Lil standing nearby, secluded and looking uncomfortable.

“Your pack is small if they’re all here.” I comment when the opportunity arises.

She shakes her head, laughing softly, “Oh no! This house wouldn’t be able to hold all of our pack. As it is only a select few outside the Alpha and Beta family are invited.” She pauses and a sadder look crosses her face, “Besides, most of them wouldn’t come anyway. The girl who lent me this sweater would only stand in the corner and stress herself out trying to look invisible.”

I feel my eyebrows lift in question, “Why?”

She hesitates again, watching me closely, “She’s the Omega.”

Ah. I should have guessed. Every pack has an Omega and few make actual friends outside their parents. I can easily picture Kelsey befriending a pack’s Omega though; lucky Omega. Quite suddenly we’re erupted by Sarah, Drake’s mate, her eyes glaring and heated, “Kelsey, come here.” She commands in a sharp, clipped voice. When Kelsey doesn’t immediately jump from her seat the Alpha Female grabs the girl’s arm and yanks her off of the stool. Kelsey, lips pursed and eyes narrowed, jerks back, surprising Sarah, who loosens her grip. Kelsey stumbles back and loses her balance, her eyes slowly widening as she starts to fall back.

Before I can even think about it my body reacts and I leap forward, wrapping my arms around the redhead, letting gravity do the rest. Then it happens. As I breath in, nose pressed against the green sweater, my wolf roars into the forefront of my consciousness, howling inside me and we’re landing and there’s no breath in my lungs.

After several gasps I sit up, barely noting Kelsey’s contrite expression and half horrified voice telling me how sorry she is, but I interrupt her, shaking as I try to keep my wolf under control as Lil and Tommy move closer, confused but unquestioning as they move into defense mode, “Where’s your friend Kelsey?” I manage to grit through my teeth.

She falters, “Ex.excuse me..?”

I rock forward and snarl, “Your friend! The one who lent you the sweater!”

“C-Cara? She said she wa-was going for a r-run…” she stammers and I scramble to my feet, the Shift already under way as I tear toward the door. Thomas gets ahead of me and pulls it open as I meet it, a full wolf, leaving a trail of destroyed clothing and many gaping voices as I charge into the trees.

[Cara…]