Another Point.

Another Point.

“There’s no way.” Dean spits, slamming his bottle of beer on the table. I glance at Sam, hoping he would have a different view on things. Sam’s always been the more open minded one, ready to listen to your argument and hear your side. Dean, on the other hand, doesn’t. Especially when it comes to me.

“There is no fucking way,” Sam agrees, shaking his head.

“Please!” I practically beg. “I’ve trained with you guys, I can do anything you can! I’m not stupid, I’ve been on a million hunts with you. Not to mention how many times I’ve saved your lives. This isn’t even a big case, I can handle it by myself.”

Sam jaw tightens, looking from me to his brother. I glance over at Dean, who’s grip on his beer bottle is a bit too tight as well, matching his jaw. I can see his nostrils flare as he stops and thinks for a moment. I’m getting them to consider it, this is a step.

“Please,” I whimper. “I want to prove to you I can. I’m a big girl.”
“And what happens when you get hurt?” Sam practically yells, his voice getting angrier.
“What if they kidnap you? There’s no way we would know!” Dean adds in.
“We’re not going to be there to save the day,” Sam growls finally.
“Let me prove this to you. If something happens, I won’t ever go alone again.” I promise desperately.

They exchange more glances before Sam finally takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly.
“Fine.” He growls. “You have one chance. Don’t fuck it up.”
I shriek, throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. “I’m going to try my best not to die.” Dean narrows his eyes at me, not finding it funny in the slightest.

“I can’t believe we let her do that.” Dean grunts, taking a long swig from his bottle and leaning back in his chair.

“She wasn’t going to stop begging,” Sam points out, turning the page in the book his nose is currently stuck in. His eyes race around the pages, searching for anything relating to how to kill this thing they were after.

“What if something goes wrong?” Dean sighs, sitting up and rubbing his face with his rough hands. He starts calling out in his mind, pulling and tugging. He doesn’t hear anything, at first, in response, causing his heart to beat a little faster.

“You called?” Cas grunts from the doorway, dusting something off of his jacket.

“We have a favor to ask you.” Dean says, standing. Cas mutters something about ‘yeah, nice to see you again, Cas’ but Dean ignores him, continuing. “The only reason why we let Em go out on a hunt is that we were hoping you would follow her and watch after her.”
Cas looks at Sam, then back at Dean, also surprised that this was actually happening. “Deal,” he shrugs.

“You have to swear not to let anything happen to her,” Dean growls lowly, stepping up and getting in his face. “That is my baby sister and not a hair on her head is to be touched, you hear me?”
Cas nods, then is gone in a poof.

My boots crush into the wet mud, weird sounds following. I try the best I can to shuffle around, making the least amount of noise possible. Closing my eyes, I can feel their energy in the building just ahead. An empty warehouse where the machine guy got murdered by another worker. I did extensive research on this hunt, exactly how Sam does, which is probably half of the reason they actually let me do this. It was farfetched, to ask to do this one alone, but I knew that can’t get off of the hunt they’re on now.
I take a deep breath, all of my hunter blood kicking in, as well as my demon blood setting up as well. I glance around, it finally setting in that I was alone. There is a demon in there, and if others come, I’m probably fucked. There is absolutely no one to help me here.
But, I’m bound and determined to prove those boys right: I can do this.
I let the breath out and continue on, gripping my knife in my hand. I determine that sneaking in would be the best bet, instead of calling all attention to myself just strolling in. I can see the back door, and start to head in that direction.
I make it into the building, keeping my head low but my eyes peeled. I can’t sense them anymore, which means that they know I’m here. I cautiously step through the rooms, old metal machinery rusting here and there. The stench of demon, moldy water, and old metal fill my nostrils, causing me to wish the smell of anything else.
I round the corner into the huge main room, finding a man tied securely to a chair, his head bent. I curse, quickly running over and trying to help him, untie him and check if he’s alive, when I notice he’s as cold as ice. His limp body falls to the ground just as something catches my eye.

“Well,” the demon says in front of me a few yards. “That was easy.” I watch as his mouth opens up towards the ceiling, clouds of black smoke pouring out and escaping through the broken window. That lifeless body falls to the ground as well. I stand there frozen, unsure of what just happened.
Just then, another figure appears in front of me. “Oh, Emalina.” The dark voice sighs, tucking his hands behind his back and slowly pacing around. “He’s right, that was far too simple.”
My eyes narrow at the figure, and it clicks. “Orias.” I breathe, my heart dropping.

“You got it, baby.” He smirks. “Distracting the boys with a hunt that they couldn’t get away from, and posing a hunt for you that you just couldn’t resist.” He chuckles. “It’s a good thing I’ve got your angel friend trapped outside as well.” He stops, looking up at me. “I’ve finally got you, Emalina.”
Taking a deep breath, I do the only could at this point. I raise my shaking hand, concentrating as best as I could. I could see it in my mind, picturing what I wanted to do.
His imagine flickers a little bit, but then nothing. I wasn’t as near strong enough to actually send him anywhere. That was it, I was out of options, and I was going to die. I bring my hand down, causing him to laugh more.
How could I be so stupid? Falling for a trap like this?

“It’s a shame, really.” Orias shakes his head, walking up to me casually. He runs a long skinny finger along the side of my law and over my cheek, tssking. “What a beautiful vessel.” The finger tucks a piece of hair behind my ear, running it through another lock. “I may not be able to control you using my mind, but I can…” he pulls his fist back then, hitting me right across my face. I fall to the ground, my ears ringing and my face burning.

I wish I could fight back, but it was useless, he would win no matter what. Might as well just give up.
He picks me up by the collar of my shirt, my feet dangling a few inches above the ground. My lungs start to burn as my air gets restricted, my shirt digging into my throat. I gasp for air, my head feeling lightheaded.

“You’re such a bitch,” he spits in my face. “You have all of this power that you don’t even know of. They’re hiding it from you. It’s a shame you never got to use it, though. I’ll just bring you down to hell and put you to good use.” He drops me on the floor and I feel a sharp pain in my ribs as he kicks me directly in the stomach. I can taste blood in my mouth as my whole body throbs, crying out in pain. I try not to make any noise, not giving him that satisfaction. “As the whore you really are.” Just as he brings his foot back once again, his body flies against the room, sharply slamming into the opposite wall. I raise my head as best as I can to see Sam striding in, his hand raised in front of him, holding Orias against the wall. Dean rushes over to me, knowing that his brother has everything under control.

“I didn’t know,” I whimper, tears finally streaming down my face. I gasp, feeling the sharp stabbing in my lungs again.

“It’s okay, baby.” Dean whispers as he slides his arms carefully under me and effortlessly picks me up. “Everything’s going to be okay.” I don’t know if he’s trying to convince me of that, or himself. He starts to take me out to the car, but I stop him, watching Sam intently.

“Oh look who’s the big bad wolf,” Orias spits to Sam, blood falling out of his mouth. Sam closes his hand tightly, squeezing Orias’ insides and twisted them about. Orias groans, wincing in pain, but continues to have a wicked smirk on his face.

“You will never touch her again.” Sam growls, so beyond livid. His jaw clenches as continues to twist his hand, before dropping him to the ground.

“If your whore of a girlfriend can’t kill me, what makes you think you can?” Orias gasps for breath.

“Because,” Sam seethes, raising his hand once more and bring him back up in the air. “I’m much, much stronger.” Dean turns away and shields his eyes, as a bright light fills the room.

I wake up in bed at the hotel, my whole entire body sore. I sit up slowly, finding that I was no longer bloody, yet still bruised. I slide out of bed carefully, and shuffle over as far as the comfy chair, releasing a breath when I sink down into it. I rest there a few minutes before the door opens and the boys walked in, still obviously very mad.

Dean grabs a beer from the fridge cracking it open and taking a long drink. The air is tense with silence as Sam just slowly mindlessly moves around the room. I stand slowly, feeling the slight stabs of needles in my ribs, and start to move toward the bathroom, just wanting to take a shower.
Just as I pass Dean, though, his arm suddenly reaches out, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me into his chest, squeezing his arms around me tightly.

“Don’t ever do that again.” He murmurs, burying his face into my hair.
“I’m sorry,” I whimper, breathing in the scent of my brother, the metal no longer hanging around. We stand there for a moment, until Dean lets me go, walking out of the door with his beer. I turn toward Sam, scared for what might be coming. I could tell he was still angry with me, and to be honest, so was I. I still can’t believe I was that stupid. Sam stops throwing some clothes around on his bed, and turns toward me.

Just the way he looks at me wants to cry, the way he clenches his jaw and runs his eyes over me. Just as I look away, not able to stand it any longer, he rushes over, taking me in his arms. His face buries in my shoulder and he just holds me.

“I can’t believe I almost lost you,” his voice cracks, signifying that he’s crying. “That will never… ever happen again, baby.” That’s when I start crying, my tears soaking through his shirt easily. All of my fears come flowing back, overwhelming me. I almost died tonight, just because I was stupid.

“I am so sorry…” I mumble into his chest. “I… I didn’t know it was him behind it all. I can’t believe I was stupid enough to fall for his tricks again.”

“We all did,” Sam sighs, realizing it as well. I pull back and look at him, a thought occurring to me.
“Was… was he right?” I ask, looking up at him. “That I have more power?” Sam opens his mouth to say something, but then slowly closes it, changing his mind. Slowly, he nods.
“Please… please teach me.” I ask. Again, he opens his mouth, probably to automatically say no, but changes his mind.
“Okay,” he nods again. “If it means I never have to worry about losing you again, we’ll do it.”
“Thank you for saving me again tonight,” I chuckle lightly.
“Another point for Sam and Dean!” he laughs, squeezing me tighter.