Status: Please enjoy!

M.E.N.K.

Chapter 2: E; Emma

When Emma was born, her parents, Faith and Wade, immediately knew she was special. After the doctor wrapped little Emma in a soft, pink blanket and handed her off to her mother and father, Faith and Wade watched their little girl's eyes switch from a gray-blue coloring to a red-orange, and then back again. Faith looked up at her husband in shock.
"Well...it seems our daughter...is going to be very special," Wade said as he stared down at his newborn baby girl, who was smiling and gripping onto Faith's finger.
"What's her name?" a nurse asked at the hospital room doorway; a clipboard in her hand. Faith bit her lip, looking from Wade down to baby girl she gave birth to.
"I like the name Emma. What about you, Wade?"
"A perfect name," Wade answered, placing a hand on his wife's shoulder as they both now gazed lovingly at their new baby.
*******

"Mommy!" Faith jumped out of her daydream as six year old Emma ran up to her. Emma had unusual color hair now, dark purple, and her eyes still switched between two different set of colors.
"Yes, Emma?"
"Daddy said I wasn't allowed to wear my pretty blue dress!" Emma folded her arms and pouted just as Wade walked into the dining room.
"That's because someone might take you Emma. You will look so pretty, another family will try to take you away from us."
"No! No! Never!" Emma hugged her father's leg as Faith chuckled, and gentle patted her daughter's bottom.
“Go get ready, Emma. Unless you don't want to go out..." Faith said, laughing as her daughter gasped and ran to the stairs. Little Emma held onto the railing as she walked, tapping her chin with her free hand.
"Maybe mommy and daddy will let me wear my black and red dress," Emma though out loud, a bright smile on her face. Once Emma was at the top of the stairs, she rushed to her room. Her room was nothing like Little Emma's personality. The colors were dark; from the walls to her bed sheets. The walls were a deep purple with streaks white, the curtains were a dark forest green, and her bed sheets were black satin. The only think in Emma's room that wasn't dark was the carpet, which was white. Emma ran to her closet, and flung open the door, standing before all her bright and dark colored dresses.
"Hmmm," Emma mumbled, reaching up. She looked at each dress with a serious expression.
"Yellow? No, a little too bright. Orange? No, Aunt Ella hates that color. Daddy said no to blue. Purple? No, I wore that yesterday. Green? No..Oh!" Emma's face lit up in a bright smile as she pulled out a solid red dress that had white lace on the bottom hem and on the sleeves. Emma giggled, twirling around by her full length body mirror after putting on the dress.
"Mommy and Daddy will like this one. I should put on my shoes to finish it off," Emma giggled, plopping down onto the floor as she pulled out red flats. After she slipped her shoes on, the six year old jumped to her feet, and looked into the mirror once more, smiling at herself in approval. She ran out of her room, gripping onto the railing once she was at the staircase, and carefully hurried down the stairs. She ran to that dining room, jumping out from behind the corner to surprise her parents only to be shocked they weren't there anymore.
"Mommy?! Daddy?!" Emma shouted.
"Downstairs in the basement, Emma! Can you make sure all the bags are by the front door?!" Emma heard her mother's voice shout. Emma skipped to the front door, counting the three bags leaning against the right wall.
"All bags are there!" Emma sang. She turned around to go to the basement door when she heard someone knocking on the front door. Emma knew she wasn't allowed to open the door, but she wanted to prove to her parents that she was a big girl. She could hear her parents' footsteps walking up the basement stairs, and she quickly unlocked the front door.
"Emma, what are you doing?!" Wade shouted when he saw his daughter open the door for a complete stranger. The stranger gave the parents a soft yet sad smile and hugged Emma, picking her up as he did so.
"Let her go!" Faith shouted, but it was far too late. All Dixton did was smile again and teleported away from Emma's parents, cradling the scared little girl as he did so.