Status: Please enjoy!

M.E.N.K.

Chapter 3: N; Neal

A black haired boy, who goes by the name of Neal, sat in his room, shuffling zodiac cards as he listened to his parents, once again, start to fight.
"Why can't you do anything right?! Our son will grow up to be just like you!" Neal's mother, Paige, screamed. Neal flinched, tears starting to fall from his hazel eyes.
"I would rather he be like me than you! All you do is sit on your fat ass and do nothing while I work over 90 hours to feed this family!" Neal's father, Bret, shouted. Neal's tears filled eyes slowly lifted away from the gold trimmed cards he held firmly in both hands, his eyes now resting on a sword. The sword and zodiac cards are the only two things he has to remember his Uncle, who died of cancer only two years ago.
"I could do it. I could go down there right now, and kill them both," Neal mumbled to himself as he slowly got off his bed.
"Don't you dare, Neal," a voice whispered through his head. That voice, Neal named Zain.
"But Zain..." the eight hear old boy whispered, now walking towards the silver handled sword that hung on his wall.
"No, Neal. Sit back down. Killing them will not solve anything. Am I clear?" Zain growled. Neal, who was standing in front of the sword with an outstretched hand, sighed and nodded.
"Yes, Zain," he whispered, turning his back to the sword. As he crawled back onto his bed, Neal flinched as he heard a loud SLAP.
"I'm leaving your good for nothing ass!" Paige screamed, followed by a door slamming shut. Neal pulled his knees to his chest and buried his face into them. He could hear Zain try and comfort him, but that wouldn't work.
"Neal, this isn't your fault," Bret whispered from the doorway. He had come up the stairs to check on his son, knowing he must of heard the entire fight. He opened the door, not too shocked to see his son with his face buried in his knees.
"Did you two ever fight this bad before I was born?"
"Erm..Well, not as bad..but-"
"Then it is my fault!" Neal shouted. Suddenly, he jumped off his bed, ran past his father, down the stairs, and out the front door.
"Neal! Stop!" his father shouted behind him. Neal took an immediate left, running down a neighbor's driveway, and into the woods behind the house.
"Neal! No! Shit!" Bret cussed. If only he was faster...he would have caught his son. Now, Bret spun around, running back to the broken home to call the police. As he did that, Neal ran deeper and deeper into the woods, tears blurring his vision.
"NEAL! What do you think you're doing?! Stop right now!" Zain's loud voice suddenly filled Neal's head, causing him to trip over a fallen branch. Neal gasped softly, closing his eyes tightly as he tumbled into a tree.
"Ow!" Neal cried out, holding onto his head as he started to curl his knees to his chest.
"Damnit Neal! What did you do?! What ARE you doing?!" Zain yelled as Neal rubbed his head.
"I ran away," Neal whispered, leaning his back against the tree he tumbled into.
"What would you run away?! Neal, you are no completely lost now, and you're eight years old!"
"Stop yelling at me!" Neal cried, covering his face with his hands. He heard Zain sigh before whispering soft words of comfort, but Neal only cried harder, Zain was right. He's either years old and now lost in the woods.
"There, there, Neal. Stop your crying," a soft male voice said from in front of him. Sniffling, Neal slowly lowered his hands away from his face, looking up. There was a tall man with a soft smile staring down at him, and he held his hands behind his back.
"Who...what are you?" Neal asked, wiping his eyes. The man's smile widened a bit before removing his hands from behind his back. In his right hand, he held the sword Neal's Uncle gave to him, and in his left hand, he held the black leather case hiding Zodiac cards.
"My name is Dixton. I believe these belong to you."
"Yes, yes!" Neal shouted, his eyes drying up once seeing the items his Uncle once had. Dixton chuckled, placing the sword into the belt around his waist before holding out his hand.
"Come, Neal. You're very special and there's many more like you. Two are waiting into the limo, and the other we're going to go get," Dixton explained, smiling as Neal took his hand.
"Let's go then," Neal whispered with a slight smile. Dixton chuckled before tightening his hand onto Neal's. He could hear the shouts from police and Neal's father. Dixton chuckled before he teleported himself with Neal out of the woods and into the waiting limo that held a sleeping Emma and Maddison.