Status: Work In Process

Avalanche to the Heart

The High School Hockey Game and Celebration

“Damn Kinny is good,” Destiny said to Lillian, who was busy watching Val, Nathan and the rest of the Halifax boys jump on the rest of his teammates, as he just scored yet another goal.

“Yeah, but Nichy is just as good!”

“So you and Kinny...” was all she said, as Lillian’s complete focus was on the game.

“Yah what about us?” Lillian asked her, not even turning to face her.

“Whataya mean? Why the hell aren’t you guys dating yet? Nichy and I are!” The snowy haired girl said nudging her in the arm.

Now she lost all concentration on the game. “I don’t know! We don’t wanna be, I guess.” She thought about Nathan and how they could be together for a second.

Whenever they went somewhere where they needed a date, her and Nathan would always go together. She did like Nathan a lot, it was just both of them didn’t want to get into a relationship. And Lillian was fine with the casual make outs in his room after school, or him taking her to homecoming. They didn’t have any drama, and she liked it like that.

“Well you guys need to date soon.” Destiny said to her as she snapped out of it.

“Nah, I’m fine with just being friends,” Lillian said, half paying attention to her friend, as Nathan scored a goal below on the ice. “That’s my boy!” She yelled, jumping out of her seat and sitting back down.

Destiny ignored that goal and went on to say, “Friends huh? Well do friends just casually make out in a bedroom at someone’s birthday party?”

Lillian laughed. “Hey, I apologized about that like a million times, and yah we were just being stupid and having fun.”

Destiny laughed too. “Some friendship.”

Lillian rolled her eyes at the thought of that night.

****

FLASHBACK

“Happy birthday!” Lillian yelled over the loud music, as she hugged Destiny from behind. Apparently her friend was doing some heavy flirting with Val, when she turned around and hugged her back.

“Thanks Lilly!” she cried.

Lillian could tell that she didn’t wanna be bothered. She was too busy with Val’s mouth of course. She decided to leave her alone after that. She went to go find someone she actually liked. There were a lot of people in her house, and getting around was rather difficult. At last she found Nathan with his friends standing by the stairs.

“Hey Lilly.” they all chimed out in unison.

“Hey boys, why aren’t any of you ‘having a good time,’ for god sakes it’s a party!” They laughed as they shrugged their shoulders in agreement.

“Come on, there’s some hot chicks over there,” one of them stated to the rest of the guys. The boys moved on, leaving Nathan behind.

“So Nate, you having fun?” Lillian asked, smirking at him.

“Tons,” he said sarcastically.

“Well, why not?! I am!” the brunette remarked, as she started to playfully dance and rub her body up against Nathan MacKinnon’s.

He laughed as she made a fool out of herself. “See this is the kind of stuff that I enjoy!”

She stopped dancing as her face was about three inches from his. “I’m glad.” she mused, blowing on his face right after with a wink. She stepped back and was about to walk away.

“Good god, you’re such a tease,” he sighed, rolling his eyes playfully and grabbed her arm, pulling her in close again.

Lillian laughed as their faces were back to being three inches apart once more. “Whataya want MacKinnon?” she inquired, as he breathed on her neck. His breath was warm and moist and it made her all tingly inside.

“I want you,” he breathed in response, as his lips remained hovering over her neck, like he was a vampire ready to bite her or kiss her there. He took her hand and guided her upstairs.

Lillian didn’t bother stopping him. Truthfully, she didn’t want him to stop. It was time to have some real fun. “Kinny what are we doing? We can’t go in here! This is Des’ room!”

He opened her friend’s bedroom door and pulled her in. “Got any better suggestions?” he probed.

“Uh yah, there’s a guest room!”

“Too late!” he remarked, as he slammed the door shut and pulled her onto the bed with him.

Lillian landed on top of Nathan. He took her mouth into his and they made out for a while. She could tell he wanted to go further, but she wasn’t gonna let him. She wasn’t about to give up her virginity in her best friend’s bedroom with a guy that wasn’t even her boyfriend...yet.

Things were getting pretty intense and she was afraid they were actually gonna end up going all the way, but it all ended the next second. Nathan pulled back, looking at her in interest and concern. It was kind of sweet actually and she had half a mind to reach back up and pull him back down onto her.

“Whoa there!” they heard a voice say.

Lillian looked up and spotted Val and Destiny, who were holding hands in the doorway.

“Oh man!” she said getting off of Nathan and standing up. She straightened herself out. Destiny surprisingly wasn’t mad. In fact, she was smiling. She and Val laughed as Nathan stumbled up, trying to get up off the bed.

“What are you guys doing here?” Nathan asked Val and Destiny.

Lillian shot the man a dirty look. For goodness sake Nate, it’s her room. Whataya mean “What are you guys doing here?” she thought as she saw that the star hockey player had just realized what he had just heard come spewing out of his mouth as literally the dumbest question possible.

“Uh, we were gonna do the same thing you guys were just doing...I take it, that’s what you were doing?” Val exclaimed, looking at them both strangely.

This was utterly embarrassing. Nathan exited the room and Lillian followed him. He looked like he wasn’t happy or maybe he was embarrassed or something.

“Uh have fun with that Des,” Lillian teased, not making eye contact, with her friend as she brushed past, after the hockey player. She shut the door behind her and mortified, followed Nathan to join the rest of the party. Neither of them spoke about it and Nathan kept his hands off and away from her the rest of the night.

****

“Ugh I know Destiny, you told me a million times, It’s nice being friends though,” Lillian explained to her friend with the snowy hair.

Destiny gave her a look, but finally gave up on pressuring her to date Nathan. The boys were winning by four and there was less than a minute left.

“Come on boys, just keep it strong now!” Lillian yelled during the timeout.

Val was lecturing the team with Nathan by his side. They both patted one another playfully, ruffling each other’s hair in the process.

“Don’t worry they got it.” Destiny sounded sure of herself. They got back out on the ice.

Nathan scored!! They were ahead by five now with ten seconds left.

“We won Des, We won!” I screamed.

They both jumped up and down in excitement as the boys did the same on the ice. After about twenty minutes of everyone congratulating everyone and celebrations happening all around from fans and the players on the ice, Destiny suggested they go down and see them.

“You wanna come see the boys with me?” she asked as Lillian grabbed her jacket from the back of the seat.

“Duhh.” She laughed as they made their descent down, heading to the railing that led to the tunnel. The players were starting to head off, toward the locker room, ignited with smiles and good nature.

“You did great baby!” Destiny complimented, as she leaned over and kissed Val’s cheek.

He pulled her in close and kissed her hard. “Anything for you, Des!”

“Get a room!” Nathan yelled as he skated towards Lillian, cracking a sly grin and chuckling.

“Great job Kinny,” Lillian spoke to him.

“Thanks Lilly.”

She gave him a giant hug and let him get off the ice.

As the team went back to the locker room, the two girls waited outside for them. They weren’t about to walk into a room filled with semi-dressed, mostly naked men walking about and being immature in the process.

“So you and Val, Nichy, gonna go have fun?” Lillian asked, winking at her friend.

She laughed. “Yup, Nichy is going to take me out to eat for celebration.”

“Have fun with that.”

They stood in an awkward silence for a minute.

“So what are you doing after this Lilly?” she asked the brunette.

“Oh, I think I’m just gonna head home and take a nap. I’m awfully tired of screaming and celebrating.” She faked a yawn.

Before Destiny could respond with some witty comeback, they heard someone say, “You’re not going home, you’re coming with me.”

Lillian spun around on her heels, to face a half-naked Nathan MacKinnon, only covered by a towel around his waist. He was grinning largely and blushing.

“Gosh dammit Kinny put some clothes on!” Destiny yelled covering her eyes.

Lillian stood there laughing at him and her friend. Apparently she was okay with seeing her man naked, but not anyone else. She was back to her old nervous self. But one had to admit, Nathan MacKinnon looked pretty damn fine in just a towel. The way the water glistened on his glossy chest, which was nicely waxed to perfection. The damp hair that clung to his head, dripping from the shower water. He was pretty confident about it too. He gave her a wink.

“Sorry, I just heard that Lilly was gonna go die alone at home, and figured she should hang with me.”

“Die alone?” Lillian repeated, raising an eyebrow at him, before busting out in endless giggles. She tried to focus on his face and not his muscular arms or his abs. It was hard.

“Yes die alone Lilly.” He noticed she was drooling over his amazing body.

“You know, Lilly, you can have this, if we hang out now.” He made it a point to flex and show off to her. She blushed a little and nodded her head as he went back in the locker room. “It’s entirely up to you, though.”

Destiny uncovered her eyes. “Damn girl, he wants you….bad!”

Lillian continued to blush and giggle like an idiot.

“Well, are you gonna go “hang” with him?” the snowy haired girl asked her, using her fingers as quotation marks as she said the word “hang.”

She sighed. “Yes, I’m gonna “hang” with him.”

“Ooh good for you Lilly, make sure you be smart now, and make sure he wears a con--”

Lillian cut her friend off with a stern look. “I know Des, come on now, I’m not that stupid.”

Their conversation was interrupted as Val came out. “You ready Destiny, darling?” he asked Destiny as she grabbed his arm.

“Yes. Have fun Lilly,” she remarked as they were about to walk away.

“Oh jeez Lilly, I didn’t even see you there. Watch out Nathan is a horny little bastard right now, and he plans on “having a good time” if you know what I mean,” Val teased to her. He playfully pushed her shoulder with the back of his hand. Both girls laughed.

“Thanks for the heads up Nichy, I’ll make his behave.”

They soon left while she was sitting, waiting for Nathan to hurry up.

Shortly after, he came out dressed in sweatpants and a hockey shirt. “Ready?” he said, gleaming.

“What the hell took you so long Kinny!?” she scolded nudging him in the arm.

“I wanted to make sure I look good for you,” he said laughing.

She continued to be nit-picky and tease him about his fashion choices, “You’re dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt, you call that looking good?”

He shot her a dirty look. “Oh I’m sorry, most girls are turned on by that look.”

She rolled her eyes. They walked to his car and he opened the car door for her.

“Why aren’t you always a gentleman?” Lillian snarkily comment again, as she turned her back and began to get in. In a response, she felt his hand slap her ass right before it touched the seat. Oh, he didn’t just do that, she thought as he shut her door and went to get in the driver’s seat, beaming brightly.

He wagged his eyebrows, after hopping in and looking over at her bright red face. “You like that Lilly?” He smirked, while starting the car at the same time.

She sighed. “Yeah, like you’re going to be “getting any” with that attitude.”

He looked over at her and laughed. She joined him, after a few seconds of maintaining her character’s sternness.

They were about two minutes from his house before he actually responded. “Listen, Lillian, I just invited you here, so you could have fun, not me.”

She turned to face him, smirking. “Well if that’s the reason, you can just drop me off at my house and I’ll find a way to entertain myself.”

“Lilly, Lilly…you know I’m only kidding. I want you as much as you want me and trust me, I know you want me.”

She laughed a little too hard on that one. “I don’t necessarily want you. I just have nothing better to do.”

They pulled into his driveway. No one was home but them, which was a good sign. “Say what you want but after tonight you are definitely gonna want more.”

She chuckled, as they both got out of the car at the same time. “Whatever you say Kinny.”

He dashed around to her side and halted her, pinning her against the door of his car. He placed his hands on either side, trapping her in place. “Enough with the cool take-charge attitude, sweetie and lighten up. We’re gonna have fun, okay, you and I? Now let’s go.”

“Nathan MacKinnon, you sly dog…” She made a quick move and ducked under his right arm and sped for the front door.

He dropped his hands to his side and screwed his face up. He was determined to crack her serious nature and her rough attitude. She was stubborn, but it turned him on. He wanted in her pants so badly.

As soon as they got through the door he started kissing her. “Holy shit Kinny, can’t you wait a sec?!” She started pulling away from him. He ignored her and continued to kiss her neck. She pretended to struggle for a couple of minutes before giving up. He was right. She wanted him. Honestly, she wanted him bad. But she was going to admit that to him yet, her body would later.

She could feel Nathan breathing in and out heavily as she lay on his bare chest on the couch. It was where they had ended up.

“Good thing we made it to the couch Lilly,” he sighed before letting out his last big breath of air.

“I know right,” she echoed giggling, while her fingers traced circles on his rock hard abdomen.

“So Kinny, we’re still just friends right?” she looked up at him as he played with her hair, twirling his fingers in and out of the messy and wavy curls.

“Yeah Lilly, I don’t really wanna be in a committed relationship at the moment.”

“Thank God, neither do I. Everyone pressures you into being in a relationship, but I just wanna have a good time and I am fine with being friends! And I’m fine with being friends with you.” She rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes. She heaved a heavy sigh, smiling.

They both fell asleep, curled up together on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you are all enjoying this, as with Reilly's story, this is WAY out of my comfort zone! :D

Next up: The Prom, I prom-ise.....I know, I know boooooo!!! Bad pun!!!! Sorry, there's no excuse for bad crap like that. But yes it is the Prom scene next, I swear. :D