Status: Active

Faithfulness at Its Finest

An Addiction Out Of Style

*Alan's POV*

I awoke to the sound 'The Rock Show' coming from my phone. Seriously, there was no way it could already be 10:30. I fumbled around trying to find my phone and shut off the music. I blinked my eyes a couple times letting them adjust so I could see the time. Sure enough it was 10:30. I groaned and fell back onto my extremely comfortable bed. I wasn't ready to go to work I had stayed up all night/morning talking to Austin, he was so addicting, and that resulted in me getting only two hours of sleep. Couldn't I just call in sick? That sounded like such a good plan right now. I laid there contemplating if I would actually do it but then I realized I still needed to save up more money to get my own car. Dammit.

I sighed and rolled out of bed. I lazily grabbed a random shirt and pair of jeans before slipping them on and sluggishly making my way to the bathroom for my morning routine. I turned on my straightener and allowed it to heat up while I brushed my teeth. Once done I attempted to straighten out the mop of hair on my head which if you've ever tried to do you know it isn't as easy as it sounds.

"God dammit just fucking ahhh" I whispered to myself while trying to get my hair in place. You know that one piece of hair that just does whatever the fuck it wants. Yea that one that always just fucks up everything, I was currently facing the daily struggle of going to war with it. After several minutes of battling it with my flat iron and hairspray I finally got it to do what I wanted it to do. Thank god.

Afterwards I made my way downstairs still half asleep. I could already smell coffee before reaching the bottom. Thank the heavens for automatic coffee makers, I poured myself some into a thermos and threw on my beat up black vans. I sat in the chair near the door waiting for the caffeine to kick in. Shortly after sitting down I heard the familiar car horn sound outside queuing me it was time to go. I pushed myself up and locked up the house before meeting Aaron in the car.

"How's my ginger princess this morning?" Hes such a morning person it disgusted me, that's not normal no one should be this preppy before noon.

"Tired as fuck, I only got two hours of sleep." I tried to say inbetween yawns.

"Only two hours? What did you do throw a party?"

"No I was up talking to Austin"

"Austin? Is that the person who was sending you all those messages"

"Yep, I asked him what his name was and he said Austin and I only know one Austin on tumblr so"

"Ohhh is he cute" Aaron asked playfully

"Oh yeah"

"Aw do you have a crush" I swear the way Aaron said things sometimes made me seriously question his sexuality. He swore he was straight but some things he does suggest otherwise.

"Maybe just a little" I figured it was over with Brendon now after his dramatic exit after our disagreement. I hadn't heard from him since then so it was time for me to move on from that douchebag.

"So what did you guys talk about?"

"Ummm, everything"

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Everything? I highly doubt you talked about everything"

"Well maybe not everything but we sure as hell talked about a lot of stuff"

"It sounds like you had a fun night" We arrived at the mall and made our way in. I headed to Spencer's while Aaron headed to Journey's. We were fortunate enough to have damn near identical work schedules so we could drive together because you know I'm 17 and still carless

I made it to Spencer's and finally felt the caffeine fully kick in. I might actually be able to make it through this shift without wanting to take a nap in the break room. Although there was no promise in store that said that wouldn't happen.

"Hey Alan how are you today?" It was Jenna one of my coworkers. She was one of the three coworkers I had that I could actually stand. Most of them were sex seeking dicks. Thankfully me and Jenna worked all the morning shifts together when it was a break or a weekend seeing as we were still in high school but only one more year until we worked full time during the morning shift I honestly couldn't wait. I hated working the night shift during the week that's when all the other pricks worked.

"Absolutley exhausted, how are you?"

"Same, Long night?"

"You have no idea."

She smiled and went back to folding up shirts and making sure they were in the right place. I hooked up the sound system to my phone and threw on a random playlist hearing Fat Lip by Sum 4 begin to play. Hell fucking yeah I love this song. I began going through out the store insuring nothing was out of place and there wasn't anything on the floor. Some of the stuff in here was just weird and borderline terrifying although I have to admit a small portion of it excited me. And a couple things I've actually contemplated trying. But it was better not to think abut those things while still here, a boner at work would be all kinds of bad. Been there done that and it wasn't fun but I guess it happens to everyone when you work at a border line sex store right?

The day carried on customers steadily coming in asking about that, needing this in a medium, and wondering if we were out of that. Honestly it felt like the day was dragging on and on I just waned to go home and talk to Austin and nap. I sighed and walked over to a display some teenagers knocked over a few minutes ago. Assholes.

"Hey you need some help there" A stranger asked kneeling down next to me.

"No its fine thank you though" I looked up at the nice stranger. oh....my...god. ABORT MISSION ABORT NOW. No no no please don't be him oh god oh god. I couldn't move my body was in complete shock. This man was absolutley breath taking pictures did not due him justice at all. The person looked up at me after grabbing a couple items from the floor.

"Here I thought I'd....Hey you look a lot like someone I know"

Thank god he didn't recognize me "Yea I um get that a lot" I attempted to hide my name tag in hopes he wouldn't be able to pick me out. I was shaking so hard, I was afraid i wouldn't be able to stand up and my knees would just give out. I was still staring at him dumbfounded like how is someone this angelic.

He looked at me again and distorted his face a bit as if he were taking in all my features trying to pin point who I was. I looked down before he could get a good look. "Oh my god your Alan"

Oh no I was done for now he knew he fucking knew my heart was beating out of my chest. I hope he cant hear it because its probably loud as fuck. "Um y-yeah you must me Austin"

"Yea I am" He shifted all the items to one arm to help me up.

"T-thanks" ok good news I could kinda stand I just had to try and breathe now. I'm sure I haven't taken a single breath since seeing him. We set all the things back into the display and he turned back to me.

"Well one things for sure, you're definetley more stunning in person" he flashed his perfect white smile at me. I have no idea how im not fainting right now like I can barely form words. How does someone of his calliber even say that to piece of trash like me.

I did my best to try to form words "Um thanks y-you too"

"So what brings you to Spencer's?"

"I uh actually work here what about you"

"Im here for a family friend's wedding and i stopped to get some bachelor party stuff" What are the fucking odds that he would just happen to be in Park City, Utah and somehow arrived t the spencer's here while I was working. Like seriously how was this fate or?

"Oh sounds fun" Finally I was able to say something to him without stuttering.

"I'll be in ton for a week, by any chance do you wanna go out tomorrow night" HOLD THE FUCK UP DID HE???? DID HE JUST ASK ME ALAN ASHBY OUT ON A DATE???? Please don't be a dream that would be such cruel and unusual punishment.

"Yea that would be great"

He ripped off part of his receipt and scribbled something down on it "Sweet here's my number, and I will hopefully see you tomorrow"

"Ok I'll call you when my shifts over"

"Perfect, well I gotta run see you later"

"Bye" ONce he was out of site i fell onto the counter next to me. Holy shit I'm going on a date tomorrow night. Is this really happeneing, I pinched myself. Ok this is real. I was smiling like an idiot I'm going on a date with Austin wow this is something I could only dream of happening. Wait until Aaron hears about this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Austin and Alan just met and are going on a date the excitement is real. Please pitch me some ideas on a date that would be awesome and greatly appreciated