Running on Empty

You're taking up my time

The plane trip was the same as any other, quiet, boring & the in flight movie was some Asian soap opera. This plane didn’t have TVs in the back of the headrests, leaving us nothing to do. Bert was asleep 2 seats down from me, you could hear him snoring. Some little kid was sat behind me, kicking my chair, screaming & yelling. He had been going on for about 20 minutes before his mom took him to the bathroom. Thank god. I was dreading him coming back, I could hear Quinn giggling at me, you could tell he was trying not to. I just stared at him and turned around pretending to try and understand the movie, well it wasn’t Japanese I can tell you that.
“Hey Jeph, you are you gonna tell me about that dream of yours now?” Dan was whispering into my ear
”Not here, when we land” I replied harshly
”But what’s the difference between now and later?” He wouldn’t listen; I obviously didn’t want to tell him yet.
”There’s too many people here”
”It’s just a bunch of little kids, everyone else important is asleep” he said pointing at Bert snoring in the chair.
I still didn’t want to tell him, not just yet anyway. I walked down the end of the plane to stretch my legs, at this point we had been sitting down for a good 4 hours. The little kid and his mother walked out of the bathroom, oh god no they were coming back. I decided to sit back here until they were asleep, from the looks of it they would be asleep pretty soon, the mother was trying to make him lay down but he was kicking at her. I was just standing outside the bathroom looking like I was waiting, and then it happened. I was looking at everyone in their seats and I sore the girl, the girl from my dream. Her beauty, her radiance, I don’t know how I didn’t spot her before. Maybe it was that little kid distracting me, I could have kicked him right now. From the looks of it she was with her friend, I didn’t want to go over there incase I made a fool of myself, or even if it was the wrong girl. I continued to watch from the back for a good 10 minutes, I had forgotten all about the little kid that was sat in the seat behind mine. I could see her getting up, she turned around. Shit! It was her, I could see her coming my way, oh man it looked like she was coming over to the bathroom. I went around the other way, covering my face so she didn’t see me; I ran and sat back down in my seat. My heart beating faster and faster, I still couldn’t believe it was her.
”You alright Jeph?” Dan could see I was stressed out.
”Uh yeah, but you know that dream?”
”Yeah..”
”Well it was about a girl, and she’s on this plane right now”
”Where is she?” I don’t think he believed me
”Over near the bathroom” I said pointing to the back of the plane, she was talking to one of the flight attendants
”Woah, she’s pretty nice”
”Chyeah, but I don’t know weather to talk to her or not”
”Well you know, this is the plane to Utah right, obviously she’ll be somewhere near us, but wait and talk to her when you think it’s right”
”Uh.. okay” Dan doesn’t usually have this big of an opinion on stuff like this.
It seemed like he had rehearsed it or something, maybe he had.
I wanted to go up and ask her what her name was, but her friend seemed like she was going to hurt me or something, I don’t know why but it just did. I watched her from a distance, until the plane was going to land and they made me sit in my seat. I didn’t realize how close I was to her, until I actually sat down. She was only one row in the front, but in an isle seat. I was scared she would see me, even though she didn’t know me, I was about to move when-
”Hey, aren’t you Jeph Howard?” She was talking to me
”Uh.. Yeahh I am” I was unsure about this
”Hii I’m Evangeline, I love your music” she put out her hand, I thought I’d better shake it to seem polite, but I couldn’t
”Nice to meet you” I said with a smile, it felt so weird
”So, you guys heading home to Utah then?”
”Uh.. ye-“
”Yeah, we’re heading home, just finished the tour” Dan had butted in, he new I was nervous.
”Oh cool, well ill talk to you later then? Nice meeting you” She turned back around in her seat and started whispering to her friend.
”Thanks Dan” I said while wiping my forehead with my sleeve
”Haha, I new you weren’t going to last much longer talking to them”
At that point that little kid started kicking my seat again, it was going to be a long flight.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh yeah, in a plane. didn't know how it finish it properly D:

comments maybe? x