‹ Prequel: Simple Affair
Sequel: Something Desired

Deeply Bound

Chapter 9 It is Real

Besides the morning sickness which I am now passed today's appointment really brings it all home for me. It is real. After the appointment, Josh handed me the photo to keep in my purse until we get home this evening. I am back at work now and am sitting quietly at my desk after having showed my baby picture to the women here in the office.

I lean the photo against my monitor and wonder what am I going to name you? I catch a glimpse of my phone light up. It's Devon, did I tell him that I had an appointment today? I can't remember.
I open up his text that reads, "Hey just sitting in the airport waiting for my flight home and thinking about you."

I reply back, "Hey how did everything go with you book promotions?"

"It went great, I'm just a little tired now and hate having to wait for my flight home."

"Well that's the cost I guess of being famous."

"Yah tell me about it." He replies.

"I think I have something that will make your day." I tease.

"Please share."

"Okay sending it to your email." I take a photo of the ultrasound photo with my phone and email him the image.

I let him know, "Okay it's sent. Let me know what you think."

I know it will take a couple of minutes for him to see it so I set the phone down and start to go through my work email, which is so hard to do because all I want is to know his reaction. I wish he were here. I get through one email, which was just an FYI about some upcoming changes and to my relief I see my phone light up.

Devon says, “Gosh Jordan, wow that is beautiful, they already look like a little person. You made my day thank you for sharing."

"Your welcome! Glad you liked."

"Love and still happy that I was able to give you the gift."

"Smiling big, I still can't thank you enough. They are healthy and growing."

"That's what I like to hear Jordan. Well my flight is here and they are boarding now so I'll be home in a few hours and tomorrow I have interviews with the local news. I'll be busy but please Jordan don't be afraid to drop a line and tell me how you are doing. I may not always answer but I do get the chance when I can to read them."

I rub my stomach; I feel happy about everything and then answer, "Okay Devon I wasn't sure if I should leave you be that's the only reason why I wasn't sending so many messages. I thought you wouldn't be able to get to read them and I didn't want to interfere."

"Don't be silly, you never are, anyway love you and take care of yourself and the little one I have to drop off."

"Love you to, have a safe flight."

This baby, Devon and Josh, thinking about them all at once and my emotions holy moly I am so incredibly in la la land over joyed that life is good right now for everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey,

Hoping that you guys had a great weekend. Mine was disappointing and heartbreaking. I had tried my own round of fertility treatment earlier this month and over the weekend I learned that it didn’t work. It feels like this is just out of reach and it is just, I don’t know, it hurts is all I can say…

Anyway, to keep my mind somewhat distracted I focused my weekend on cover design. I changed and changed Jordan’s Dress on the cover to a red dress, just like the one she wears to the Author’s Ball later on in the novel. I also posted another chapter for you to read.

Even though I am still in a bit of a funk from the news over the weekend this chapter made me smile. It doesn’t match this Author note at all.

I hope that you are enjoying the story and wish you all a fantastic week.

Watch this series movie trailer on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjZPwHszl5Q

Read My TaleHunt Interview on medium https://blog.talehunt.com/lets-chat-with-c-r-misty-a8fe37e18cd7#.1uq7jleje

The International Boundaries Series is now on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/C-R-Misty/e/B01293KGRW/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1466759217&sr=1-1

P.S Be sure to follow me on:

Twitter @AuthorCRMisty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCRMisty/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/105706338719722174802