‹ Prequel: Simple Affair
Sequel: Something Desired

Deeply Bound

Chapter 12 Not so Farfetched

I am not going to bore you with my workweek this time because well it was quiet for me. This week I actually took an evening to shop for maternity clothes because most of my shirts still fit that's not the problem but my stomach is starting to stick out. I got a nice simple pair of black dress pants with cotton stretch material around the stomach the sales woman said that I could expect to wear them right to the end of my pregnancy, which is nice. I also picked up a couple of pairs of casual pants for around the house and a pair of jeans with the same stretch material around the stomach. Happy with my purchases I decide to call it a night. Jumping ahead to the weekend I have the day to myself, which means, housework, writing, and I'll send Devon a text.

I know Devon has been busy with his success; I get it and know that this isn't the cold shoulder that I feel like I'm getting. He has told me to message him anytime but the thing is when the conversations start it is always by me. I can't help but have the feeling that I am bothering him. I know it's ridiculous for me to feel this way but I do. However with the weekend upon me and no Josh around my mind wonders to Devon, my amazing friend.

I exhale and murmur to myself, "Jordan your inner voice is being stupid just send him a text and be done with it. You know that you want to."

I open up the social media this morning on my computer in my office downstairs. I plan to take time to work on writing and send Devon a quick message, "Hey Devon missed talking to you all week. I hope that you are doing well and I am sending you some virtual hugs and kisses anyway have a great day if we don't get to chat."

I click send but as soon as I do, I end up rereading my message and think that it sounds needy. I don't think I am a needy girl and in the end I don't regret my text because that is how I feel.
About an hour or so passes without me realizing; I found my writing groove this morning and the words are flowing. A sound on the computer alerts me, with a slight startle. I pause to have a look to see that I have a message.

Happiness fills my heart to see that it's Devon.

He writes, "Ah you are such a sweetie. I will gladly take those hugs and kisses and just to let you know I am having for the most part a good weekend."

I ask, "Do you have time now to chat for a bit?"

"Yes, but you know that you can message me any time. So what's up?"

I tilt my head as I think to myself, what's up with me? I want to know what has been going on with him. Anyway I reply, "This week was pretty quiet although earlier in the week I did some shopping for maternity clothes other than that it's been the usual."

"Oh you must look so hot. There is something about a woman who is with child that is just gorgeous anyway you must be looking yummy these days."

I send him some laughs on the screen then write, "Well I feel okay, I think that I look okay just sporting a bit of a pot and happy to be well passed that awful puking stage."

"Oh stop you are one hottie and soon to be a hot mama."

I laugh as I read his message and ask, "So what has my sexy man been up to this week?"

There is no delay and receive his response, "Well my publisher wrote me a cheque earlier this week."

"Wow Devon that is so exciting! Look at how well the two of us are doing we are both achieving our dreams. I bet it was a big cheque with all that media attention you have been getting."

"Thank you, I am happy that you picked me to give you that gift. Well yah let us just say the cheque was more than six figures. It didn't feel real, I mean none of this feels real."

I say to him, "Trust me it is real! I forgot to mention this and it has to do with you. I was at a girlfriend’s home the other night for a girl’s night and well conversations led to me talking about my writing and then to books in general. Others talked about what they were reading and I have to tell you that two of my girlfriends have read your book and their husbands have read it. That just goes to show you just how mainstream you have become."

He replies, "Did you say anything about knowing me?"

"Oh my god no way, the most I said is that I knew of you and read your book but telling them that yes I talk to a famous author regularly and oh by the way did you know that we actually made love and this baby growing inside me was from him. Yah I could see that going well." I send him a smiley face to show that I'm not taking my comments too seriously.

He sends a smiley face back, "You know it almost seems farfetched. They probably wouldn't believe you if you did end up telling them."

I chuckle to myself, "Devon I could only imagine that the conversations around the room would have come to a screeching halt and a bunch of eyes staring blankly at me in shock, maybe disbelief, doubt then laughter."

He writes, "Yah well that just goes to show you how well we have kept all of this a secret."
I sigh then type, "Yes we did well, the two writers that plotted our own secret love affair. It couldn't be more perfect."

"There I disagree with you. In a perfect world this wouldn't have been a Romeo and Juliet tale."
I ask, "So Devon you never really mentioned what you were up to. I know that you met with your publisher for that cheque and what else?"

"Well I took the week off on all the traveling and promotions and stayed in town with Sara."
I smile; he is so good to his spouse and I ask, "Did you two do anything to celebrate this new life of yours?"

"We actually did some house hunting."

"Wow really but the place you have now, you just did all those renovations."

"It is even more reason to sell. We were happy with the place but we were looking for something a little more private and secure."

"Is it all of those crazy fans?" I was sort of half joking with the comment.

He admits, "Sara is a little freaked out actually. While I was away some people from the press have been lingering around our place and to be frank now that I have this new income we figured why not splurge and treat ourselves."

"Wow yah I can see her being a little freaked out I would be too. So have you two found anything that you liked?"

"Yes, yesterday we put an offer on a property in a gated community south of Austin."
I'm happy for him and Sara really I am but to be honest with him just telling me after the fact, I am feeling a little left out. I know it is silly because let's face it he just put an offer in yesterday but I guess I am just a little surprised that I had no idea he was house hunting and it never came up in any of our conversations. We haven't spoke for a bit. I shouldn't feel this way but I sort of feel sad about it, not because he is treating himself but more with the grander fact that this is a clear sign that time and distance is working its way into this friendship and with Devon's success we are no longer talking as much anymore. At least with text he can't see my emotion and I am not going to rain on his parade he doesn't deserve to be subject to my weird emotions and besides I need to put them in check because this is life and we are still the best of friends even though we can't talk every day.
I say to him, "Wow Devon a gated community you must have put an offer on a beautiful home. So when do you know if your offer was accepted?"

He answers, "Yes it's just over 8000 square feet. I picked the neighborhood and Sara has an eye for a well put together home. She was the one that picked this one. We won't know until Monday morning if the offer was accepted."

"Holy shit Devon that is huge all that space for just the two of you. Well my fingers are crossed that you get it."

"Thanks hottie. Well I have a feeling we will get it. According to the realtor it's been on the market for about six months not because it isn't a desirable lot or anything but it's just that there is a smaller market for larger homes and the owners are eager to get this one off their plate soon."
"Yah that makes sense, well once you move in you will need to give me the grand tour during a video chat."

"Will do, I promise." Devon accompanies his reply with a smiley face and continues, "Well hottie I have to go for now. Sara has us doing some shopping for new furniture."

"Okay love. Well good luck with your shopping."

"Thanks, I really don’t have a say in the matter but luckily Sara has a style that I like. She has me to drive her around and bring the cash."

I chuckle at my desk, "Well sending you some kisses and hope that the two of you have fun."
Devon answers, "Thanks hottie love you."

"Love you too Devon."
♠ ♠ ♠
Good Morning,

We are only a few days before Christmas are you excited? I am hosting a Christmas Day Brunch at my home for my side of the family. I am going to do the typical bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast and fruit but I also made banana bread and peach cobbler for dessert. I will also be trying a new dish it’s a French toast but instead it will be done in the slow cooker apparently a friend of my husband says it’s amazing so I will give it a try. Have any of you made French toast in a slow cooker? If so, do you have any tips?

Watch this series movie trailer on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjZPwHszl5Q

Read My TaleHunt Interview on medium https://blog.talehunt.com/lets-chat-with-c-r-misty-a8fe37e18cd7#.1uq7jleje

The International Boundaries Series is now on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/C-R-Misty/e/B01293KGRW/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1466759217&sr=1-1

P.S Be sure to follow me on:

Twitter @AuthorCRMisty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCRMisty/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/105706338719722174802