‹ Prequel: Simple Affair
Sequel: Something Desired

Deeply Bound

Chapter 13 A Decent Hour

Wednesday night is well, interesting, let us just put it that way. Josh isn’t working his second job this evening, but he decided to take his boss up on the request to work some extra hours in an attempt to speed up the release date of some software that he is testing. He comes home at a decent hour. I say decent because I am not in bed. He is home just a little after dinner, to be exact just after 7:00 PM, which is a nice change.
This last weekend I had done up a stew in the crockpot so it’s nothing for me to take some out and heat it up for him.
“Thanks Jordan.” I hand him a bowl of the beef stew.
I ask, “How is it?”
“It’s good, thanks lovey.” He takes a seat in one of our recliners in front of the television with his dinner and since he is here, I let him choose a show for us to watch and of course, his pick is one of those crime investigation type shows.
I used to love watching those shows and every now and then, I get into an episode, but for the most part, let’s face it there are so many to choose from these days. There has to be at least twenty different crime shows on television and the annoying thing is that Josh likes to watch all of them.
I don’t put up a fuss, although if I was given the choice I would want to watch some good old fashion reality television. Ah well, I just lay back into my own leather recliner and decide to play with my phone during his show.
I think to myself, being an author and keeping up this social media image his work. I know that its free advertising but sometimes I feel like a robot posting and forcing myself to share something every single day. I mean I know that my effort is paying off because if I was doing nothing I would have at most just family making the purchases but at least with these outlets my reach is far greater.
I send out my messages on three social media sites and then quickly browse the news feeds to see what others are doing. For a Wednesday night, it’s pretty dead. I am at the age where a lot of my friends have kids and there are a few overly proud parents on my feed.
I take a second and rub my belly and think, Jordan if you become like one of those overly proud parents I think I will need to shoot myself. Like, come on there is one couple on my news feed that posts videos of their child doing stuff. In the beginning, I used to watch but after the tenth video, I stopped all together. Seriously, they just post videos of the child picking their nose or terrorizing the family cat, or just screaming at the top of their lungs. Like why even bother? I make a promise to myself; I will never be that type of parent.
I know I am going on a bit of a rant here; I can appreciate those first steps and first words videos or a video of the child doing something silly but come on a video every single day. Sometimes I just want to unfollow them but then I think, wow Jordan that would be shallow if you did that so instead I just ignore the video post and continue scrolling down the feed.
Josh looks over to me and asks, “Is everything okay? You have a look on your face and you’re rubbing your stomach.”
“Yah I am fine, just a habit I guess.”
“What is with the look?”
“Oh I am just looking at the news feed and I don’t get how some people post boring videos of their kid daily. I hope that I never become one of those over proud parents that do that. It’s annoying as hell.”
Josh smiles at me, “Why don’t you trying getting off your phone and spending some time with me.”
I look at him, we have this conversation regularly, “I am and you know I’m not a huge fan of your crime shows.”
He says, "Just put your phone down."
I set the phone down on the coffee table next to my recliner and think of something else to keep busy. Well I stare at the television pretending to pay attention to the show and I start thinking about my book stuff. I have to look into doing some sort of print on-demand book. My first novel is only available to purchase in e-book format and Devon had mentioned something in conversation that has sort of been lingering on my mind. He currently has two books published with his publisher and he said that even though e-book format is picking up, the bulk of his sales are still in his printed books.
"Jordan?" Josh startles me out of my train of thought.
"Yes?"
"I'm heading to bed." His crime show had ended and I had not even noticed.
"Okay love, I'll join you."
Moments later, I settle under the feather duvet on our king size bed and grab my phone to read for a bit as a way to help drift off to sleep. Josh comes out of the washroom after brushing his teeth, crawls into bed and takes out his phone.
We are creatures of habit. I enjoy reading my e-books and Josh loves to browse the online store flyers. If he is not shopping online, he is investigating some little gadget that he supposedly needs and after all the shopping followed by a purchase, he always has some new toy lined up to buy. Well I guess tonight is the first time in history that he actually has nothing to shop for.
He nestles up to me, peeking over my shoulder to get a look at my phones screen. He asks, "What are you reading?" Josh never takes interest in the books I read. Sometimes, when I am desperate to chat with him I will talk to him about the books I read but he often will just tease me later about the stories that I enjoy. Lately, I have been reading Devon's books. Devon has two series, I finished his first book to his first series not long ago and then jumped into and finished his breakout novel, which is the first book to his second series and I am now in the middle of his second book to his first series.
I calmly answer honestly, "Oh this one is called, Infinite Danger"
I am mistaken that by answering his question, it will satisfy his curiosity. He rests his head on my pillow. I think he is reading some of the words on the page I'm on. Josh follows up with another question, "What's it about?"
"It's a crime thriller, about a secret agent trying to fulfill orders and not get killed." I tilt my head slightly to get a glimpse of Josh's face; he has the look of curiosity and fatigue. His workweek is catching up to him.
I look back and continue to read a line when another question escapes his lips, "Who is the Author?"
I can't dwell on it and just answer, "D. Chambers"
He is quiet for a few seconds. For me it feels like moments and I actually catch myself holding my breath. What is he thinking? Has he heard of D. Chambers? I mean Jordan pull yourself together Devon has become a household name.
Josh's next words he says with a sly emphasis in his words, “D. Chambers what kind of name is that? Sounds made up.”
I glance at him raising an eyebrow and say, “It’s probably just a pen name.”
He rolls back over to his side of the bed, “It’s a stupid name if you ask me.”
I say, “If you like, when I am finished I could let you read it?”
He yawns, “No thanks, you know I’m not into reading books. Well, I am going to sleep are you staying up to read or do you want to cuddle?” Josh, when he isn’t cranky and tired from being overworked, can be a kindhearted man and he does enjoy holding me in his arms as we go to sleep. I enjoy it too. Something about having his warm body next to mine is comforting.
“I think I’ll read for a bit longer, good night lovey.” I am still not at the point where I want to close my eyes.
“Good night.” He rolls over so that his back is to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,

How was your Christmas? Mine was good. I had family over at my home and also went to visit at other family members places. I'll be sure to share some pictures on my Twitter and blog.

I will be changing my weekly chapter reveals to monthly reveals. Don't worry I have my email notifications turned on to receive messages here and I'll be logging in regularly to edit the chapters that are already posted. Over the coming months I'll be focusing more time on my blog, Goodreads profile, finishing the edits, finalizing the cover for when Deeply Bound is ready to go on sale and maybe creating a Facebook Page.

Do check out my blog http://ladymaverickpublishing.blogspot.ca/

Twitter, @AuthorCRMisty and Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/105706338719722174802/about

I will be keeping everyone up to speed on things with the coming release of Deeply Bound.

I hope that your holidays were wonderful and please show your support by liking the chapters that are posted and let me know if there are any chapters that need some more tender loving care.
Your support to Deeply Bound means a lot to me and I appreciate you reading, liking and commenting Thank you and have a happy new year.

Be sure to watch this book's movie trailer on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjZPwHszl5Q

Bye for now!

C.R. Misty