One Sweet Day

One Sweet Day

"You'll never catch me Kevi!", shouted a young girl as she and a little boy ran around an empty church. The little girl dodged the curly haired boy between an aisle of seats as they continued to chase each other.

Another little boy stood on the stage jumping up and down trying to reach the mic. "AHHH MAZIN GRACE", he tried to sing into the mic that was still out of reach. The little girl giggled as she ran up to the stage and helped put the mic down. "Fank you Gracie, I'll sing your song now", said the toothless child. Grace blushed then screamed as Kevin tickled her sides pulling her from his brother Joe. "AHH MAZIN GRACE HOW SWEET HER SOUND VAT SAVED A-Guys I'm singing Gracie's song!", Joe shouted to the giggling children behind him. They stopped and looked to the young boy as he continued.

Kevin pushed Gracie shouting 'YOUR IT' running off stage to be tagged by his friend. Grace ran after the little boy jumping on his back making him fall. "Nope you are hehe", she smiled. Kevin groaned and began to cry. "Kevi? Are you ok?", she turned to find her friend crying. Soon Mrs. Jonas rushed in hearing the crying boy and picked him up to check for damage. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt him!", Grace cried rubbing her eyes.

Mrs. Jonas knelt down to the sweet girl brushing back her brown curly hair to wipe her eyes still holding her son. "I know hunny, just be careful, you're a young lady you can't play rough like the boys all the time",she smiled. The young girl nodded as Kevin looked from his mothers shoulders and ran over to hug his friend.

"I forgive you Gracie!", he smiled as they hugged. Joe ran down to the hugging friends and joined in causing the mother to laugh at the site.

Paster Jonas soon walked into the sanctuary holding a little Nick Jonas. "We best get going. Madison Grace, you're coming over to our house this afternoon how's that sound?", he smiled. All three children cheered and jumped with joy causing baby Nick to giggle and coo. "Alright, let's go", he said escorting the family out of the church to the family van.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gracie giggled as Joe made faces across the table, but they were soon caught and told to stop. "Sorry", they both said returning to their meal. Gracie looked down at her plate and saw she had more fruit salad then she did before. Anytime Gracie was over Kevin would give he would give her the fruit on his plate. She always ate it, because he would eat all her veggies when she gave him hers.

Joe jumped up and down in his seat looking around with his plate now empty. "Daddy can we go outside and pway?!", he asked in excitement as Grace and Kevin finished their plates of food.

"I don't see why not", Mrs. Jonas shrugged. "Just be careful, Gracie you're play clothes from last time are in mine and Mr. Jonas' room I will go get them. Excuse me", she stood and went to go get the clothes as Kevin and Grace ate quickly to go outside.

The trio went outside and played tag again. Joe laughed and pushed Grace into the mud, Kevin ran to her side to see if she was alright and smiled. "Kevin likes Gracie, Kevin likes Gracie!", he giggled as Kevin helped up his friend.

"DO NOT!", his elder brother shouted in an angry tone. Gracie felt hurt from the comment and looked down. Kevin and Joe saw the face. "Let's play ball!", Kevin suggested bouncing a large green rubber ball passing it to Gracie. She giggled and smiled and bounced it to Joe.

Joe laughed as he kicked it to his brother. They played the game and laughed. "WATCH ME! GO FAR GRACIE!", shouted Kevin. She backed up some as Kevin kicked the ball sending it past Gracie's reaching hands and out to the front of the yard. "I'll get it!"

"No I'll get it Kevi!", the little girl said running for the ball. Kevin ran after her in protest laughing. It was in the middle of the road, but Gracie continued to go after it. Kevin ran with her and they grabbed the ball and giggled passing it back and forth seeing the fun. Suddenly a car came down the road. Kevin and Grace stood in the middle in fear when suddenly Gracie pushed Kevin.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now seven in the evening and a crowd of people stood around the body of the young girl as the bag was being zipped up and she was rolled into the ambulance. "Mommy, I didn't mean it! I didn't mean to hurt her!",Kevin cried into his mothers dress. Joseph cried against his father as the ambulance rolled away.

"Shh Kevin it's not your fault, Madison saved you sweetie. It's going to be alright", she said holding back her own tears. Holding her son she hummed trying to calm her son as the crowd began to clear. there was a group of people comforting the girls mother as the streets of Jersey stood still that night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day'


Kevin sighed rolling out of bed shutting off his radio clock and looked to his calendar, his heart fell as he remembered today was the day his friend had past. As he went downstairs for breakfast everyone was quiet as usual on that day eating pancakes. Joe nodded to his brother as he finished his plate putting more on to it. Looking over to his brother's plate Joe stole the strawberries off the side of Kevin's plate. Seeing this Kevin laughed wiping his eyes remembering how Grace did that for him.

"What's so funny?", Nick asked curiously. He was such a young boy when their friend died that he didn't understand why today was so hard, but still kept his distance from his older brother on this day. Kevin and Joe just smiled softly and shrugged 'nothing'.

"Boys", Mr. Jonas' voice boomed over the silence. "Today's an interview day so as much as I respect your day of peace for Madison, I have to ask you to try and put some smiles on", he said lightly patting Kevin's back. All the boys nodded as they ate breakfast and went to get ready.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The guys all laughed at the questions the fans asked. "What's is the significants of your rings?", one asked.

"We're all married to someone!", Joe joked making the three to laugh harder.
Nick shook his head as he smiled. "No, really, it's a promise to ourselves and God that we will be sexually pure until marriage. Any more questions?"

Joe rubbed his hands together as if asking for them to bring on a rough question. "Kevin, if you could name your first baby girl, what would her name be?", asked another with a blush.

Suddenly the room became quiet, and somber. Both Nick and Joe looked to their brother as a support for him as he looked up to everyone. He thought for a minute until a soft smile ran across his sweet lips. "Madison Grace, I've always liked it", he said before looking up to God knowing someday he'd be with his friend again. 'One sweet day'