Maybe

Maybe I'm Just Over-Reacting

I glanced at the clock. Only one minute had passed. I was sitting at the breakfast table wearing a white sweater, dark denim jeans, and my favorite Nikes. My cereal was sitting untouched on the counter and getting soggier and soggier by the minute. My mom was yapping on the phone.
And there she was, staring at me with her huge eyes and perfectly plump lips, making me feel like a loser.
I was not enjoying this. At all. For exactly one minute and fifty-two seconds, we’ve been staring at each other, and I’ve been carefully taking the situation in.
My mother, the queen of unpredictable, went out and did something even I didn’t expect. She brought home my worst nemesis.
My cousin. Abbey.
I hate her, I hate her, I hate her. I even hate that name. Ugh.
She’s no good, that Abbey.
Never has been.
I distinctively remember once when I was 5 years old, she pushed me off the swing because I refused to give her MY bracelet.
The little brat.
And now here she is, just staring at me with her seemingly innocent eyes. As soon as I walked into the kitchen after I got dressed, she shot me a glance and went back to texting, refusing to respond to my hello. Wonders shall never cease.
According to my mother, Abbey is staying over at our house for a few months. Her parents are going to be halfway around the world by tomorrow and they want her to stay here for reasons I don’t understand.
I honestly think it’s because they hate her. Yippee. We have something in common.
Oh and get this. She’s supposed to be staying in my room.
I don’t understand why my mother chooses to tell me this now. She’s probably brain dead. Yep. Definitely.
I glance at the clock again. Three minutes. My life is literally fading away into oblivion.
I wonder who my mom is talking to.
I throw my cereal away, making sure not to lose sight of Abbey. It didn’t work out so well and I was forced to clean up the huge mess on the floor that resulted out of my poor hand-eye coordination. Eh.
“Yeah that would be great! Thanks Tay!” my mom said as she puts down the phone for the first time in seven minutes. So she was talking to Abbey’s mom.
“What was that about mom?”
“Oh nothing darling. She just wanted to ask about Abbey. Guys are you ready? The bus should be coming soon.”
Abbey said, “Yeah thanks aunt Daisy.” And she went over there, hugged my mom, kissed her on the cheek and went outside. I watched my mom soak it all in and give her the biggest hug ever. One she’s never given me.
And with one more glance at the clock, I ran out of the kitchen and onto the street as the school bus was pulling up by the stop.
And I went up that bus, awaiting my doom.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need inspiration guys. Oh. And comments are like the bomb-diggity.