Status: Regular-ish updates!

Let the Flames Begin

two

- Vic's P.O.V -

"Kellin," I let out a deep breath, my shocked eyes meeting his. This was actually really unexpected. Very unexpected.

His friendly smile turned into an scowl, "I'll be in my classroom, nice to meet you, Vic," he smiled sarcastically.

Alex smiled, "Oh that's cool," he nodded in Kellin's direction, "You two have already met," he added.

Tay leaned over, "I don't think they're on the best terms..." she murmured quietly, though still loud enough for me to hear.

"Is anyone ever really on Kellin's best terms?" Alex retorted, adding a chuckle to the end of his sentence.

Jenna kind of tilted her head, gesturing her agreement, "Wait- what do you mean?" I asked, Kellin was always on good terms with everybody. Actually, he was just an all around good person. Not once had I heard anybody talk negatively about the boy. I mean, I know it's been a few years, but that kind of stuff doesn't happen in the span of, what? Four years? At least I don't think it does.

Alex looked up, his lips rising a little, "Oh, he's just a bitter person- we don't know why. Though he gets a long well with us, it could be because he has to, or he genuinely likes us, it's hard to tell." he nodded to himself.

Tay glanced around, "I think he likes us!" she grinned, "I mean, who wouldn't like us? We're the coolest teachers here," she spoke with confidence.

"I have a few students who would beg to differ," Alex smirked, a smug- accomplished look on his face. Tay's grin contorted into a horrified look, just as soon as Alex finished his sentence, she was about to speak up when Jenna started talking-

"I should probably go print out some worksheets," she thought to herself, "I'm planning a really fun activity!" she added, a huge smile plastered onto her face.

I nodded, smiling right back at her enthusiasm, "Yeah, I should probably go too," Tay mumbled, still seeming a bit conflicted with the whole student situation.

Alex and I watched as they walked off, both stepping into their designated rooms, Alex turned to look at me, "I don't really have anything to get done- but I'm gonna go stop by Jeremy's room," he chuckled, "He's a few halls down," he informed me.

He dismissed himself, finally giving me a chance to unlock my classroom door, to say I was excited would be an understatement, the huge grin on my face was soon replaced with a frown, as I looked into the small room, the walls were bare, the paint was chipped, and the desks were just....not suitable for a classroom.

It could use some fixing- a lot of fixing. Maybe some touch-ups as well. My eyes drifted around the four walls, stopping at the small storage closet near the back. I wasn't sure whether or not I should open it- there could be spiders.

Spiders are no fun.

I started walking over to it, when I heard a voice coming from the door, "Morning Vic," the unmistakable voice of Kellin Quinn rang throughout the room.

My head whipped back, staring at him with cautious eyes, "Hey Kellin," I mumbled, clearly confused at his change of attitude- he was angry just a while ago.

"I just stopped by to set some ground rules," he got right to it, looking as if he'd given this a lot of thought, Kellin was always the thinker, so he more than likely did.

A scoff escaped my lips, "Ground rules?" I asked, giving him and incredulous look, "I wasn't aware than you owned this school," I added, being my sarcastic self.

He chuckled dryly, "Funny." a roll of his eyes were returned in my direction, "No but really," he turned serious.

I quirked an eyebrow at him, "Lay 'em out," I mumbled, giving him an expectant look- he cleared his throat.

"Alright then," he took in a deep breath, "We will not speak to each other-" he pulled up a finger to silence me when he noticed I was about to say something, "We will not look at each other," he paused, "You and I," he pointed at me, then pointed at himself, "We never met," he glanced up at me, "Don't bring up our past, in fact, don't talk about me, period." he finished off, nodding to himself.

I gave him an amused expression, "You're basically asking me to pretend like you don't exist," I retaliated, "Plus, how are we supposed to fix things if you don't even wanna talk about it?" I added, giving him a puzzled look.

"We don't need to 'fix' anything, what's happened has happened-" he started explaining himself.

"If it's already happened then why haven't you gotten over it?" I asked- the words coming out harsher than I'd intended.

He just shot a glare in my direction, "It's kind of hard to forget what had once meant a lot to you, Vic," he spat, "Of course, you wouldn't know that." he bit on his bottom lip, obviously already tired of my shit.

We both just stared at each other for a few seconds, "Is that all?" I asked- not making eye contact with him, this felt awkward, and tense, very tense.

Kellin nodded, walking off without another word.

-

- Kellin's P.O.V -

I wasn't really able to concentrate during any of my classes, 'why haven't you gotten over it?' kept playing over, and over again in my head.

Why haven't I gotten over it? Probably because getting over things like that isn't as easy at some might make it seem. like it's easy, but it's really not. It's difficult as hell.

"Mr. Quinn?" a student snapped me out of my thoughts, they all call me by my middle name- ever since I completely separated away from my family it's what I've been going by, Bostwick just...

I looked up to see who it was, Cherry Iero. I'm supposed to have lunch after this period was over, which was pretty great. "Yeah?" I asked, setting my pen down.

Her eyebrows knitted together, "Uh," she paused, looking over at the time, "Can I go to the nurse?" she asked quietly, making sure no one else could hear her.

I pulled out one of the nurses sheets out of the drawer on my desk- the students were not allowed into the nurses office without one of these, which was pretty fucking ridiculous- I wrote her name and ID number where they belonged, put a little check mark by the medications box, then signed the sheet at the bottom, before handing it back to her, "There 'ya go," I gave her a warm smile.

She returned it, "Thank you," she murmured, cheeks reddening a little as she spoke.

My eyes scanned the room until they landed on the all-too-familiar face of Craig Owens, "Phones away," I informed him, he rolled his eyes in response, slipping the phone into his sweater anyway.

The class remained quiet until the unfamiliar voice of Jenna Mcdougall erupted out of nowhere, the students were somehow convinced that Jenna and I had some sort of secret fantasy teacher relationship going on, which was funny- because I'm gay. "Kellin!" she shouted, distracting all of the students from what they were doing, "Oh, sorry-" she began apologizing, all while walking over to my desk.

"May I help you?" I asked, an amused smile on my face. While Jenna always practically made me want to rip my head off, she was still a close friend- and I still had to put up with her, it was no biggie once you got used to her ways.

She pulled out her phone to check the time, "What'll you like for lunch?" she asked me, a huge grin displayed on her face.

"You're buying today? I thought it was Alex's turn..." I gave her a questioning look.

She shrugged, "I owed him a favor- today's menu is anything from chick-fil-a."

I pretended to give it a lot of thought, knowing how much it annoyed them when I did things like this, "I'll have anything with chicken on, or in it," I smirked at her unamused face.

"Next time I'm just getting you the nastiest thing I can find, okay?" she shot me the rhetorical question.

I chuckled to myself, watching her prance out of the room. "Can you guys just get married already? Jesus Christ," Taylor muttered under his breath.

My eyebrows rose, "Excuse me?" I asked him, giving him an incredulous look, "You do know we were talking about Chick-Fil-A, right?" I added, holding back my laughter.

His face turned red, "It's still obvious you two like each other," he mumbled quietly, so quietly I was barely able to hear him- but I did.

Well shit...

-

I sat across from Alex in the teachers lounge, both of us stuffing our faces with the undeniably delicious food, "You know," I spoke- my mouth full of the chicken burger Jenna had bought me, "I've always wondered how they make these fries," I murmured, staring at the fry like it was the most majestic thing on this planet.

"Thank god for potatoes," Alex preached, eating them just as quick as I was.

Tay groaned in annoyance, "You two need to slow the hell down," she mumbled, "Hey, where's Vic?" she asked, changing the subject completely.

I had to contain myself from throwing something, somehow- for some reason. Just the thought of that asshole made me want to punch someone.

Jenna swallowed her food, "Oh, he said that his boyfriend will be picking him up for lunch or something like that," she cleared her throat, taking a sip of whatever was in her cup.

Boyfriend? Vic has a boyfriend? How the hell- 'don't stress over it, Kellin,' I reminded myself.

"Boyfriend, huh?" Alex asked, seeming interested in the topic.

Jenna nodded, "Yeah- I'm pretty sure he said his name was Jordan, though I'm not sure," she shrugged, going off into conversation with Tay.

Jordan? I'm really hoping he's not with motherfucking Jordan-fucking-fish-sticks.

I've gotta get this whole name calling thing sorted out.
♠ ♠ ♠
this may be a bit confusing since Kellin's actually being...nice? i guess, but i'm not sure what's happened- i started writing this story when i was in a bad mood and now i'm in a good mood- something like that, lol.

I still hope you guys liked it. :]]]]