Status: Active

She's Not Afraid

Chapter 2

Alison’s eyes darted from Stacy’s confused face to the curly haired lad in front of her as he moved towards her. “And what’s your name, love?” He made a swift motion to wrap his arm around her shoulders as he spoke. Without hesitating Alison tried shrugging him off, failing, as his grip on her shoulder was a bit too strong. “That doesn’t matter and can you not touch me? It’s actually my ma-“ Alison’s words were cut off by the one with a light brown fringe with, she couldn’t help but notice, pretty blue eyes.

“Oi, Hazza! The only bird who can resist your charming looks.” This caused each of the lads to laugh, even Hazza (what kind of name is that) laughed and didn’t seem the least bit offended as he gave the girl’s head a light pat before pulling his arm away but still staying in her personal space. “Probably just an act, mate.” Scoffing she shoots him a glare as he winks at her.

“Oh please, as if I’d actually want your sweaty self on me.” Alison pinches her nose, making a face for dramatic effect. That’s when she heard a quiet laugh before the obnoxious one that came from the blonde. Her eyes swiped over the others to see who that quiet laugh came from, her eyes stopping on the dark haired boy with a bit of scruff decorating that perfect jawline. And oh wow, he’s pretty attractive isn’t he? But that laugh was so not what she would’ve thought would come from him, it was so timid, she thinks. But that’s not really the right way of explaining it. And she really just can’t help but smile whenever he meets her gaze, smiling back at her. Then, oh right, she’s supposed to be in the crowd and Stacy should be up here right now.

Before she can continue explaining the situation at hand he’s already talking again, but wait, not talking anymore, singing happy birthday and walking away, this isn’t right! He’s completely blind at her waving arms trying to get him to stop, so logically the only thing to do is to close the short distance between them to grab his arm so he’ll stop singing and pay attention. But that doesn’t go right either because next thing either of them know is that he’s cushioned her fall onto the stage.

A trail of curses passes Alison’s lips as she moves to get off of him, a hand grabbing hold of her arm to help her up. She offers a quick smile of thanks to her helper before offering the curly haired lad help as she spews a frantic apology. “I’m so, so, sorry. I’m a massive klutz. I swear I didn’t mean to do that, god that must’ve hurt. Oh god, don’t sick security on me, I don’t need to ruin this birthday present for her.” Her voice comes out lower at the latter, brows furrowed as she looked out towards her friend.

“Honestly, it’s fine. As most people know, I’m a bit of a klutz myself.” He laughs as he takes her offered hands to help him up. “Wait, it’s not your birthday then?” He quickly dusts his pants off, straightening out his shirt once properly standing, head tilted a bit.

“Well no, it’s my best mate’s, she’s over there.” the tip of her tongue pokes out of her mouth as she points Stacy out in the crowd who begins heading towards the stage practically right after. Alison realizes that he’s motioning for her to come up.

Stacy is pulling Alison into a quick hug once she’s onstage, laughing as she pulls away. “Only my best friend would manage to basically tackle a famous pop-star.” Alison rolls her eyes, her cheeks tingeing a light shade of pink, knowing damn well this will be all over the web in the mere hours following this concert. Before she could respond Harry is wrapping an arm around Stacy now and asking her a couple quick questions involving her age and her name then he and the crowd are singing happy birthday to the proper person finally and Alison is pretty damn proud of herself though she’s managed to embarrass herself in front of thousands of people. After wishing Stacy a wonderful birthday they’re rushed off stage and to their seats as they begin to start their last couple songs for the evening.

****

“I still can’t believe that actually happened, you, my best mate, practically tackled Harry Styles. Like, what?” Stacy’s shaking her head and laughing. It’s after the show and now the girls are in the car, waiting for their turn to leave the lot.

“You’ve gotta admit, that makes me even more awesome.” Alison tries to play it off that she’s not embarrassed in the slightest, and that’s a major lie, but no one needs to know that. Both girls fall into a small fit of laughter, Alison speaking up again. “What’re the other’s names again?” Alison barely pays attention as she concentrates on not rear-ending anyone in this crazy cluster of cars leaving the show. “Okay so, the dark haired one with all the tattoos?”

“That’d be Zayn Malik. He’s pretty attractive, yeah? Hell, they all are, specially Harry.” Alison nods in agreement and Stacy grabs at her chest in an over dramatic manner, pretending to swoon at the thought of him.

“Zayn is just, wow though. Maybe I should’ve gotten into them a long time ago.” Alison chuckles as she pulls onto the highway, following the directions on the GPS that’s leading them to a club. Their long time friend has been working as security there for a year or two now and promised he’d be able to get them in. “Oh hey, text Logan we’re on our way. We’ll be about thirty minutes or so.” Stacy nods and does as she’s told. She thinks, tonight is going to be even more fun once they’re both tipsy and dancing, always a promising way to end the night. Right?

Alison hopes the alcohol will keep her mind at bay, stopping the thoughts of her embarrassing moment onstage. So many people bared witness to the situation but knowing those attractive deep pools of hazel witnessed the entire thing made it all the more embarrassing to her. She’s pretty sure he would never do something so ungraceful even if he tried, but that’s weird to think, not evening properly knowing the bloke besides watching him on stage. And wouldn’t it be amazing to actually know him, like be proper mates? That’ll never happen though, he’s famous and she’s nobody just trying to make it through life. She probably won’t see him again, face to face anyways. Of course she’ll see his mug around, famous and all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was struggling with little details on whether or not the girls would be from London or somewhere in America, but I think if they're located in London that will help the story out in the end. So now there's more of a struggle for me using correct terms, grr. Please forgive any mistakes! And I hope you enjoy this short chapter xx