Status: Active

She's Not Afraid

Chapter 3

They had no problems with the bouncer outside the club; good ol’ Logan had placed them on the list for the night. And lets face it, compare the bimbos outside with too short, low, and tight dresses to the two girls in simple attire consisting of dark skinnies, band t-shirt or in Stacy’s case a simple flowy shirt, they wouldn’t be the ones the bouncers would choose to let in anytime soon.

Once they were inside Alison quickly led the way to the bar, glancing back to make sure Stacy was following. “Well hello ladies! How’re we this evening?” The girls smiled at the bartender they’ve grown to love, he’s entertaining and rather handsome in all honesty, too bad he’s pretty gay as well. Alison thinks if he were straight she’d play matchmaker and make Stacy get with him, much better than her current boyfriend. Still, Alison hopes that Stacy will realize Jonathon is bad for her; he’s too controlling and argues with her on any little thing, blowing everything out of proportion. Stacy definitely deserves better.

“Hey Ben,” Alison starts but Stacy’s quick to cut her off to start going into detail about their night so far. She may have exaggerated just a bit when describing what happened after Alison ended up on stage instead of her. Alison finally spoke up just as Ben was coming down from a fit of laughter, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand to rid of the tears that had built up from his laughter. “I swear, it’s not as bad as she makes it out to be!”

“Sure love, just watch out for those fans of theirs, they may be out for blood. You did tackle their precious Harry Styles.” Alison couldn’t help but laugh now at the way Ben’s voice changed to a higher pitched voice when he said Harry’s name.

“They can just sod off, now how bout some drinks? I thought you were paid to bartend, not gossip.” She flashes a cheeky smile his way as he rolls his eyes at her before getting their usual, consisting of beer for Alison and some fruity concoction for Stacy. Alison still has no clue what all is in it, but Ben had made it on accident one time for a costumer and as he went to dump it Stacy asked to try it, she’s been obsessed with it ever since.

The girls sipped their drinks while staying put on the bar stools, swiveling around to look out over the crowd of people moving on the dance floor to the slightly obnoxious music coming from the speakers.

It didn’t take long until Alison began waving as she spotted Logan coming their way from the VIP section. She quickly downed the rest of her beer. Ben opened another and slid it to her, nodding in acknowledgement before the girls got up from their seats just as Logan finally reached them.

Logan pulled Alison into a hug, moving onto Stacy as he spoke. “Sorry to keep you two waiting, the new kid was getting frazzled with handling a bigger group tonight, might end up having to lend a hand,” He noticed the girls facial expressions drop a bit at the thought of not getting to see their friend much tonight and laughed, resting a hand on Stacy’s shoulder, “but if that happens m’sure I’ll be able to bring you two along. It has been ages since we’ve seen each other. You’ve just got the promise to not get into trouble, yeah?” Logan’s stern gaze lands on Alison now causing her to scoff in protest.

“You act like I can’t behave myself- and that one time doesn’t count, you know the slag deserved what she got.” Logan laughed at Alison’s attempt to defend herself, shaking his head. “Yeah, babe, but you could’ve just let it be and not cause a fight, regardless of her deserving it.” Alison just shrugs, a sheepish smile tugging at her lips and Stacy takes the opportunity to order a round of shots.

Alison gladly downs a couple shots with Stacy, sticking her tongue out at Logan when Stacy only allows him to take one shot since he’ll more than likely end up working tonight to help out the new kid. “Wouldn’t want a pissed security guard teaching the newbie.” Stacy giggles as she ruffles Logan’s hair, making him glare at her before giving in to a smile. “Now lets get to the dance floor while we’ve got you!” Stacy practically drags Logan out to the dance floor, leaving behind a barely buzzed Alison.

Determined to change the fact, she orders a couple more shots for herself, enjoying the slight burn the alcohol brings as it slides down her throat. Once satisfied with the buzz she’s got she scans the dance floor for the familiar mix of blonde and brown locks that belong to her mate. Spotting Stacy and Logan dancing like fools towards the middle of the mix of people she hops up from the bar stool to make her way to her friends.

****

They’ve made it through a few songs, a thin layer of sweat from so much body heat in one space already building up on their skin, whenever Logan notices on of his co-workers on the clock scanning the crowd from the stairs to their left. Logan lifts his hand, waving him down. When his co-worker sees him he motions towards the VIP section, a signal that the new kid is beginning to need help.

“Want to come with, or are you lot good here?” He motions towards the VIP area when he asks; both girls agree that they’ll be up after a couple more songs. Logan nods, feeling it’s best if he has time to make sure they’ll be able to hang around anyways. He gives them quick hugs telling them he’ll see them in a bit before heading off.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been forever, I'm going to make more effort to write and update. Between school and work, it'll take a bit before I can get into a decent schedule to actually update properly. But here's a bit of a 'eh' chapter for now! xx