Status: I have this story on Wattpad and on Quotev. I've gotten a better response on Quotev than Wattpad, and I really want to share this story and get opinions on it.

Hate to Love You

HTLY Chapter 2

It was Saturday and Eleanor and I were getting ready for the Banquet. I really didn't want to go, I just wanted to relax, not go to a banquet three days after graduation. Eleanor was getting annoyed with my glum mood, but I couldn't help it.

We had just gotten to the Banquet Hall. The security was fending off all of the screaming "fans" that were trying to get past the thing that photographers stand behind at movie premiers but no one knows the name of. So, I'm not sure if its like this at other packs, but all of the Pack Officials were treated like the Royal Family. We were major celebrities. Maybe its the fact that my pack is the size of a small town, i.e. Forks, Washington. So at events like this banquet, there were people and photographers going crazy trying to get our attention. We have a red carpet, tabloid and everything. Not only were the Alpha, Beta, and Theta's immediate families famous, but so were their close friends and relatives.

So, I'm a superstar in my pack for being the Beta's daughter. It's kinda cool sometimes, and other times its a bother. People sometimes ask me for my autograph. I don't see why they'd want it, but I still give it to them. Eleanor and I were walking down the red carpet when I saw Ashton's parents, the Alpha and Luna. Stephanie was looking beautiful as always in a black pantsuit, Peter didn't have his glasses on, so that most likely meant that this banquet was going to be more of a party than a formal thing. I hadn't seen Ashton yet, so that was a good sign for the start of my evening. But I did see Kevin and Jennifer posing ahead of us in their fearless and confident way. Mom and Dad were with them, Dad was looking like he just wanted to skip all the formalities and get to the buffet. I get my eating habits from him. We eat like dogs-pun intended.

Eleanor and I went into the banquet and it was pretty basic, since this banquet was said to be semi-formal. People that graduated, some underclassmen and adults were standing around mingling, and I would hear the occasional laugh. There was a dance floor in the middle of the room, a stage right above the dance floor, and circular tables surrounded the dance floor. Everything had the standard banquet-y thing- white table cloth and gold looking junk. Our table was in the front of the stage. I took a look at the name tags on the table and I was pleased with what I saw: Jennifer, Peter, Eleanor, Clover. And then I saw: Ben, and wait for it....Ashton. -_-

Really? I just can't get a break can I? Oh, well, it's not like I'll be sitting long, I plan to spend the night dancing or mingling or something. Might as well make the best of free food.

"Hey sis, what's up? You excited for this?" I turned to see Kevin and Jennifer coming towards us.

"No. No, not really," I said. "It's known that its gonna be like any other banquet held for graduates and the only reason that adults are here in the first place is that Alpha Peter is gonna announce something."

"Yeah, true," he mumbled. He and Jenn sat down and while Eleanor and I took our seats I heard Ashton's laugh. I threw my head back and groaned,"Oh my goodness, I'm not sure if I'll be able to deal with this kid. He annoys me so much. I'm probably just gonna go home early."

"Aww babe, don't say that," Ashton said while slinging his arm over my shoulder. "You know I absolutely love spending time with you. And I seriously think your angry constipated face is the sexiest thing I've ever seen and I," he sighed,"I just can't get enough of it."

"First of all," I threw his arm off my shoulder,"don't touch me." He pouted. "Second of all, if you don't want to have your tongue carved out of your mouth and thrown into the pond, sit down and keep your mouth shut."

"Ooh, feisty, I just love when you snap at me." He chuckled. Ben shot him a look and said,"Ashton." And nothing else. Ashton shut his mouth and kept smiling.

At that moment, Alpha Peter came onto the stage, and everything got quiet.

"I'd like to thank all of you that have come here tonight. I'm not going to spend much time up here 'cause I know that all the graduates wanna party and the grownups wanna gossip," everyone laughed. "So," he clapped,"lets start with the graduates. Let's give it up for our amazing pups, huh?" Everyone clapped. "They are all going to go out there and change the world for the better, and make us all so proud. Now, as great as all of our children graduating is, there are some pressing matters that need to be attended. I'm not sure if any of you have heard of the recent rouge attacks on neighboring packs," murmurs went through the crowd. Rouge attacks were common, so no one knew why he was even bothering to mention it. The attacks that have been happening, aren't near in time periods at all, they were sporadic and quite spread out. "There really isn't any worry for us here, since we are the safest, most secure pack in the country. It is because of that safety and efficiency that I have decided that our pack will help another pack get back on its feet after a recent attack. Their alpha was badly killed in battle, and the beta is terminally ill as a result of an injury received during the attack, and an untimely case of the common cold. Now, as you know, my son, Ashton," as he was saying this, Ashton was sitting up higher in his seat, pushing his chest out and whatnot, trying to look tough. As if. "Is soon becoming of the age where he will be able to find his mate and the true training for the alpha position can take place. As a part of his training, I am sending him, and some of the best warriors and healers to the aid of our neighboring pack."

Do my ears deceive me? Is Ashton really gonna leave? Oh. My. Gosh. He really is... I jumped from my seat and started to fist pump the air. "YES! YES YES YES!!"