Status: I have this story on Wattpad and on Quotev. I've gotten a better response on Quotev than Wattpad, and I really want to share this story and get opinions on it.

Hate to Love You

HTLY Chapter 3

PREVIOUSLY...

"I'm not sure if any of you have heard of the recent rouge attacks on neighboring packs," murmurs went through the crowd. Rouge attacks were common, so no one knew why he was even bothering to mention it. The attacks that have been happening, aren't near in time periods at all, they were sporadic and quite spread out. "There really isn't any worry for us here, since we are the safest, most secure pack in the country. It is because of that safety and efficiency that I have decided that our pack will help another pack get back on its feet after a recent attack. Their alpha was badly killed in battle, and the beta is terminally ill as a result of an injury received during the attack, and an untimely case of the common cold. Now, as you know, my son, Ashton," as he was saying this, Ashton was sitting up higher in his seat, pushing his chest out and whatnot, trying to look tough. As if. "Is soon becoming of the age where he will be able to find his mate and the true training for the alpha position can take place. As a part of his training, I am sending him, and some of the best warriors and healers to the aid of our neighboring pack."

Do my ears deceive me? Is Ashton really gonna leave? Oh. My. Gosh. He really is... I jumped from my seat and started to fist pump the air. "YES! YES YES YES!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I get down from my high, I realize that I had just interrupted Alpha Peter's announcement with my totally disrespectful action. The room was quiet except for the sound of the cameras of the press. I look around to see everyone looking at me with a mixture of shock and amusement. My dad looks about ready to bust out laughing, Mom looks super pissed, Benji looked bored, Ashton looked insulted, Stephanie and the rest had the same reaction as my dad. I looked at Alpha Peter and he looked just as amused as everyone else.

"I had a feeling you'd react like that," he chuckled.

I laughed shakily, "Oops." The crowd laughed.

DAY OF DEPARTURE

"You sure you're not gonna miss me?"

"Ashton, why in the world would I miss you?"

"Come on, you know I'm the only thing that makes your life exciting. I am the pencil to your paper."

"No, you are the crappy dinner to my microwave. Get lost already."

"Alright, alright, simmer down you two," my mom said. "Clover, be nice to him."

"Yes ma'am." I grumbled. As you can tell, its Ashton's last day. Everyone is out saying goodbye to him. I really didn't want to, because I really couldn't care less about the guy, but Mom made me come out.

Ashton shot me a smirk and turned to say goodbye to his parents. Benjamin was going to go with him as a part of his Beta training. Apparently, Alpha Peter plans to give Ashton the Alpha title soon after he comes back. So, good for him, I guess.

Once everyone said their goodbyes, Ashton assured his mother that he was going to meet up with the rest of the chosen entourage and that he'd call her as soon as he got to the Silver Tongue Pack. I got extremely giddy the closer he got to his car, and once he pulled out of the driveway I was shaking from the excitement. As soon as his car was out of sight, I was shaking so bad that I looked like a vibrating alarm clock cartoon.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so ha-" I didn't finish the sentence before I heard clothes ripping and found myself on all fours. I looked up to see my brother howling with laughter and everyone else giggling. "What happened?" Is what I should've said. Instead, a bunch of garbled up sounds came out of my throat. Then it hit me-I had so much strong pent up emotion that I accidentally shifted. Well damn, I've never shifted from being too happy. I guess there's a first for everything.

LIFE WITHOUT HIM

It's been two weeks without Ashton, and I have to say that this is probably the happiest I've ever been in my teenage life. I wake up with a smile on my face everyday knowing that I wont have to look over my shoulder to have some big doofus try to pull random semi-dangerous pranks on me.In a few days its gonna be his birthday and everyone is planning to come up with some incredibly cheesy way to celebrate his birthday over video-chat. Alpha Peter and Luna Stephanie are going to visit him because its going to be a big day for him.

Not only is he going to turn eighteen, but he is going to be of age to find his mate. And that's an exciting thing for any parent-especially Alpha parents. They wanted him to come back for his birthday because they were hoping his mate would be in our pack, but he said it wasn't a big deal, that if he didn't find his mate in Silver Tongue then he'd find her when he came back to Fiery Moon. Most of us just know its an excuse to bone any girl he feels the need to anytime he wants for however long he needs to stay there.

In the mean time, I plan to go to school for teaching, or maybe for becoming a veterinarian. Oh yeah, definitely for becoming a veterinarian. I'm going to be a veterinarian, yay!
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short and kinda crappy, but its all I could think about for what I had originally planned for this chapter. I'll probably fix it later when I can think of some filler stuff. I'm excited for the next chapter cuz not only am I planning to make it longer, but something exciting will happen at the end! *wink, wink*

Also, quick question: how do I put a picture for my profile? I used a computer at the library when I created my account, so I didn't have one of my own pictures available. Now I can't seem to find a button to allow me to edit my profile. Please help :3