Status: Please enjoy! <3

Bound by Fate

Reality Kicks In

It was early in the morning. It was close to winter and it was all black outside my family's small house. I was the first one up this morning. I was shaking in the cold as I pulled on my gray winter-dress. Even under the dress I could feel the cold from the outside.
I turned on the fire and made sure it was burning bright before I went to my parents' bedroom to wake up mom.
I knocked on the door and looked inside.
"Mom?" I whispered trying to look through the darkness.
"Ashley?" Mom's weak voice replied. I could tell just from the sound that something was wrong.
"Mom are you feeling okay?" I asked.
"I'd love to say yes" I could hear the smile in my mother's voice. "Ashley. I'm gonna stay in bed today" she told me. "You have to tell the queen"
"I will" I promised mom.
I went around all day, hoping mom was gonna get better tomorrow but the following morning it was even worse. I made her a strong cup of tea and dad got the doctor. The sun had already rissen when the doctor left our house again with bad news. My mother was really sick. She'd have to stay home for at least two months. It was a sickness that could only infect elder Carriers. Just like mom. I knew what was coming. long days with a strict schedule for me to keep.
I made it to the castle. it was freezing cold and I couldn't stand it. I hated freezing. it was the worst! Then again in the summer months I also hated sweating.
I made it to Andy's room and he looked up from a book he was reading. It was some kind of homework his dad had given him, a book about the royal family lines. he'd been reading it for days now!
"Ashley!" Andy smiled as he saw me. I entered and closed the door behind me before Andy got up and embraced me in a warm hug and kissed my lips gently. "Now why are you this late?" he asked. I could tell from the look in his eyes that he'd been worried about me.
"I'm sorry" I mumbled looking up at my prince. "It's just that my mother is sick. like really really sick and I have to stay home and help my father and brother take care of her as much as I can" I said.
Andy smiled understanding. "I'll tell my mom that" he said. "Has she seen a doctor yet?"
"Just this morning" I told him. "The doctor says she'll be sick for at least a couple of months and that she needs as much rest as she can get"
"The next couple of months?" Andy asked.
"What's wrong with that?" I questioned confused.
"A week from now the official mating season starts" Andy explained. "And you're just around that age by now" Andy explained grabbing my hand in both his.
I understood his worries. I usually walked home with mom and nobody would dare to touch a Carrier that was walking with another vampire. But if the Carrier was walking alone then nobody knew what could happen to them.
"I could have my brother pick me up everyday" I said.
"Do you think your brother have time?" Andy asked.
Honestly not. My brother was working as an assistant in the biggest store in town. He would doubtfully have time to come and pick me up. Usually he got off work later than me anyway. I bit my lower lip not sure of what to say to Andy.
"I thought so" Andy sighed as he saw what I was doing. "I can't just..." he stopped. "I'd hate if something were to happen to you Ashley"
"I know. I'll be careful" I told him.
"I won't allow you to come here. That's the final. You go home now and you don't come back until your mother is doing better!" Andy demanded. "That's an order"
"I'll have to disobey!" I yelled. "We can't effort it!" I sat on Andy's bed and pulled my knees to my chest. What exactly had I done to deserve this? Then another great idea hit me.
"What if we mated?" I asked.
Andy's head snapped up and he looked at me with wide eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess it's kinda short and if so then I'm sorry. Anyway I hope you like it.

Jackie ^_^