Status: Please enjoy! <3

Bound by Fate

As We Grow Up

I am Ashley Purdy. I am 16 years old. Since I was 5 I experienced how it felt to have friends. I'd got five of them. Sammi, CC, Jake, Jinxx and Andy or His Highness as we called him when teasing him. This was referring to two things. Andy's status as the prince of our country and his height. it's not a secret he was the tallest of us.
I got up this morning like any other morning. I got dressed like I was supposed to do before I helped mom with the breakfast. My dad and my brother left for work and mom and I went to the castle. Mom went for work and I went to spend time with my friends though I knew that it would soon be time to start thinking of a job.
I walked into what used to be Andy's toy room but was now just the room where we used to hang out. there were nice armchairs and couches, a piano in a corner and a shelf with books.
Andy was already there but there was nobody else yet.
"Ashley? You're early" Andy said. He was sitting in the couch and I sat down next to him.
"Am I?" I asked.
"Yes you are can't you see? it's only a little past 9 am" Andy said.
"I thought the prince would be sleeping until 10" I commented.
Andy laughed. "I couldn't sleep. woke up at 8 am and has been sitting here since" he said.
"Really?"
"Yeah. my parents don't even know that I'm awake"
I could listen to Andy's voice all day. it was so melodically and deep. like a gigantic golden bell in a clock tower. I could look into his blue eyes every day. they were so deep you could get lost in them for hours and not even notice. Sitting where I was sitting in this cool room I could feel the heat of his body and it made me want to move closer to him. but it would just be wrong of me. I mean I might be his best friend but he... He is my prince for crying out loud I couldn't possibly do anything like that!
"How are things at your place?" Andy asked in a conversational tone.
"Fine" I lied.
"Lie. I know you're in need of money"
"then why did you ask?"
Andy bit his lip.
He was saved from answering my question by the others who just then decided to open the door and com in as the most noisy bunch of people one could ever meet. They sat down and looked ast us.
"Ehere already Ash?" Jake asked.
"Yeah" I answered.
"Now I wonder" Andy started. "We have all been planning on seeing each other today for a long time. why?"
Sammi sighed and spoke up. "Tomorrow we all except you Andy have to find ourselves a job so this will be our last chance of seeing each other"
"It will?" Andy asked. "I didn't know that"
"Sadly it's true" I said lowering my head. I really didn't feel like not getting to see Andy ever again. "please don't forget us" I mumbled.
The others looked down and I did too. we were all upset about separating from Andy so soon. it had been a good friendship and now it would come to an end.
"Who says I have to forget?" Andy asked.
"don't you dare!" CC yelled.
"I won't" Andy promised. but who says we would have to be separated?"
I looked up and around confused. the others did the exact same except Andy.
"What are you talking about?" Jinxx asked
"What if I could get all five of you a job here? I mean your parents got a job here. then why can't you too?" Andy's eyes were glowing with hope as he spoke. He was right but really how would he pull that off?
"What are you gonna do?" I asked.
"Simple!" Andy yelled now unable to stop. "I just leave a good word about you here and there and about tomorrow morning you should all have a job here" He was overjoyed. "We can see each other everyday just like we do now!"
I smiled. "If Andy can see the idea and can find the possibility then I don't see how this can't end well" I said
"Fine we will let you do that" Sammi said. "Hopefully it'll work"
"I promise it will!" Andy said.
We spend the rest of the day figuring out what we wanted to do in the castle and who Andy should talk to to get us into the right places. I was exited all the way. We would of course all like to be around Andy but that didn't work.
"Okay" Andy said at the end of the day after walking around the castle and talking to some people. "Come back here tomorrow and I will give you a letter with your assigned job" he said. "You will get a job here I'm sure I just don't know what"
So that night all five of us left the castle excited about having to work there every day for one of our best friends. Especially I was nervous. I had requested being Andy's personal servant (he had suggested it!) I really hoped that could be my job. OMG how would I even sleep tonight?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go again.
Hope you liked it

Jackie ^_^