Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Kat

It was Friday evening and I was sitting in my flat I shared alongside my best mate, Mavis. I was currently sat on the couch beside her and we were watching a film, both bored out of our minds. Just as I press the button on the remote to pause the film, my phone begins to go off. Who’s calling me right now? I think to myself as I grab my phone off the coffee table where I was resting my feet.

It was late, I was tired from being in class all day and wanted to relax and chill out. It was the weekend as well, thankfully. My eyes go a bit wide when I see the name on my phone screen. One I haven’t seen in quite a while, my old long time childhood mate, Calum, yes Calum Hood. You might recognise his name; does 5 Seconds of Summer ring a bell? What is he calling for? I think to myself as I stare at the screen.

We grew up together here in Sydney. I’m still here where I’ve always been and he’s off traveling the world with his band mates performing for thousands of fans each night and most recently just went on tour with One Direction for the second year in a row on the biggest tour of the summer, supposedly. As I look at my phone, I feel eyes on me, Mavis.

“Who’s that?” she questions.

“Calum,” I say and look at her.

“Isn’t he that old mate of yours in that band, what’s it called?” she asks and sits up, arms around her knees that were pulled up to her chest.

“Yes and 5 Seconds of Summer is what their band is called,”

“Splendid,” I look over at her to see a small smile on her face.

“Can I take this? I’ll be quick and we can get back to our movie,” I ask as I look over at her.

“Go right ahead, I’m going to get something to drink, want anything?” she asks as I swipe my finger over the screen so I can answer the call. I shake my head and tell her I’m fine.

“Hello?” I say as I answer the call.

“Kat? That you, love?” I hear on the other end.

“It’s me, Cal. How’re you? Was a bit surprised to hear from ya,” I tell him with a slight laugh to my voice. Truth be told, I was kind of surprised to see him calling me. It’s been so long since we haven’t talked, I feel like he almost forgot about me, but seems unlikely since I’m speaking with him now.

“Good, really good, Kat. Missing my best friend and thought I’d give you a ring. Listen, I was calling to ask if you wanted to come to a party tomorrow night at my place… The lads and I are here for the next few days. I know how much you love parties,” he says and I can’t help but laugh at his words. He is sure right about that, I love parties.

“I’d love to,” I tell him right off. “Mind if I bring a guest?” I ask him as I notice Mavis walk into the room. Her head lifts up as I ask that to him. She comes over and takes a seat beside me on the couch.

“Bring anyone you want, Kat,” I smile at his words and cover the microphone with my hand for a minute.

“Mavis, there’s a party tomorrow night. Feel like going out and having some fun? We should go; I could introduce you to Cal!” I ask her as I look at the girl who sat beside me. She shrugs her shoulders and mumbles something I couldn’t quite understand. The next few minutes go by and she gives me an answer.

“Fine, I’ll go!” she decides in a somewhat chipper tone to her voice. I smile and tell her it was going to be great, which I have a feeling it will be. The only thing I was nervous about was the fact that I’ll be meeting his band mates for the first time. I’ve heard about them from Calum all these years but haven’t actually met them yet.

“Calum? You there?” I say into the microphone as I put it back up to my ear.

“I’m ‘ere! What’s the verdict, you coming?” he asks.

“Yeah, we’re coming!” I tell him and smile even though he couldn’t see me. “I’m bringin’ my best friend, Mavis, with me,”

“Great, well sorry to cut this short but gotta go, see you tomorrow, yeah?”

“See ya tomorrow Calum! Have a good night!” I tell him before we end the call. I smile as I set my phone in my lap.

“You’re sure excited, Kat!” Mavis says with a small laugh as she looks over at me.

“Well, I am! Haven’t seen the lad in years since he left and got big with the band,” I tell her in a happy tone.

“Girl’s day tomorrow, yeah? We should get outfits for the party tomorrow, what do ya say, Mav?” I question as I look at the girl beside me. The room was silent for a minute or two before she speaks up.

“Sure, I guess,”

“Yay!” I smile and hug her. “It’s going to be so fun!” I exclaim as a yawn escapes my lips.

The two of us finish up the movie we were watching before we head off to bed in each of our bedrooms. I have a feeling it was going to be a long yet fun day tomorrow, with shopping and then the party. As I drifted off to sleep, I can’t help but think how it’s going to be when we meet the other guys in his band. The thoughts keep me up half the night before I finally pass out dreaming of tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, new story!! :) this is my first 5SOS story, and it's a co-write with one of my best friends on here, Ashley (:

I hope everyone likes it so far! Let us know what you think - feedback would be awesome!

Ashley's up with her chapter next! (: