Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Mavis

"Kat? Have you seen my flower dress I picked up from the cleaners?" I call across our apartment. "I can't find it."

I'm frantic right now. I'm going on a date with Ashton very soon and he said we were going to a fancy restaurant. I want to look nice. We're going to a sea food restaurant. I told him I'd go, but I hate sea food. But I was going to be with Ashton, and I certainly don't hate that.

"It's in my closet." Kat calls back. I heave a sigh and I walk over to Kat's bedroom.

"Next time you take my things, why don't you tell me first." I say. Kat looks up from her phone and smiles sheepishly. I walk to her closet and there it was, hanging on a hanger nice and near like it belonged to her. I take it off the hanger. "Who are you texting?"

"Luke." She grins and I roll my eyes at her response. Of course it's Luke. Who else would it be. "He's inviting me over his house next week."

"Why not this week?" I ask her, curiously.

"He says he and the guys are preparing for tour this week. You know, Sounds Live, Feels Live? They're apparently really excited." Kat grins. "Think they'll invite us along?"

"I have no idea. That would be cool. But I don't know if I can go. I mean, I have school starting and everything..." I trail off. Education always comes first. I'm studying to be a nurse. I love helping people and what's what I'm really known for. But very few people know I exist and that's perfectly fine with me.

"Oh, Mavis! It's tour! You've always wanted to travel the world. This will give you this opportunity." Kat says.

"I know." I say quietly. "I'm going to get ready for my date."

"Okay," she says going back to her iPhone and continues to text Luke.

I exit out of her bedroom, dress in hand and walk over to my bedroom. I close the door and get ready. I want to go on tour with Ashton and Luke. I'd get to spend more time with Ashton that way. But they haven't even invited us yet and they probably won't. Which I'm perfectly fine about, but still... I want to go to college and get my degree.

I'm so confused. I sit down at my desk where my mirror is and put on my make up. As I continue to get ready, the doorbell rings. Ashton is here. I look at the time. He's way too early. Why does he always show up unexpectedly? I hear Kat open the door and invite him in. She comments that he looks nice and he thanks her politely.

I heave a nervous sigh when I hear Kat say she's going to see what's taking me so long. I hear her walk up the steps and open my door.

"You can say 'come in.'" I frown at her. "What if I was naked?"

"But you weren't," she says. "Ashton is down stairs waiting for you. Hurry up."

"Yes, mommy."

Kat rolls her eyes and say snot to make him wait any longer. I hurry up and gather my things. I follow her down the stairs and see Ashton standing there all dressed up and ready to go. He turns and smiles when he sees me. I blush and smile. I met him at a party and now I'm going on a actual date with him. It's so surreal.

"You look beautiful." He comments and I thank him quietly, blushing like crazy. "Let's go. Our reservation is at seven-thirty."

"Okay. I'm starving. Bye Kat."

"Have fun!" She calls. "But not too much fun!"

I close the door and heave a sigh. "So, you're preparing for tour?"

"Yeah, and I want you to come." I knew it. I don't say anything so he continues. "I like being around you, Mavis. Will you come on tour with us? Luke is going to ask Kat tomorrow so you won't be alone..."

"Let's just think about tonight, okay?" I say to him. "I want some good sushi." I hate sushi, but he doesn't need to know that.

He grins and nods his head. "Well, good thing this place has amazing sushi."

"Perfect."

---

The sushi smells bad. I walk in the restaurant and scrunch up my face, trying not to make it so obvious. Ashton grins when he walks inside the restaurant with me. It's like he's proud of himself that he found a decent restaurant for us to go to.

We wait for the usher to show us to our table. I feel Ashton take my hand as we wait. I try not to smile, but that's hard to do when a boy you like is holding your hand.

It takes a while but the usher comes over to us and shows us our table. We sit down across from each other and we bo thank her. She just smiles at us and walks away helping the next people who had walked in.

I place my napkin on my lap. Ashton does the same and we begin to talk. Again, we talk about anything and everything that comes to mind. In the back of my head, I can't decide if I want to go with him on tour. I know Kat will say yes to Luke. She'll do anything for that boy. It's scary.

I sit back and the weightier comes to our table. He takes our drink orders and then he walks away, jotting them down on the memo pad so he doesn't forget. I sip my water and continue to talk to Ashton. I tell him everything. Maybe I shouldn't. I don't know. But I do and it feels nice being able to talk to someone knowing they won't tell a soul.

Even though he's famous, he doesn't act like it. Well, when he doesn't act like that when he's with me anyways. He's not stuck up. He's not full of himself. He's not shallow, either, He's fun. He's funny. He likes to have a good laugh and a good time wherever he is. And he doesn't care who he's with. They can be famous, or in my case, they can be not famous.

"So I was thinking," I say and Ashton looks up. "What is tour like? Like, what do you do?"

"Well, we play shows at night and then during the day, we just sight see. It's not a set schedule until nightime when our shows are."

"And what if I go?" I ask. "What happens, then?"

"Well, we can do what I just said. Sight see, and perform shows. But the fans are a little nuts sometimes. Think you can handle it?"

"Probably. I can handle almost anything."

"Really now?" He cocks a brow.

"Really. Kat says it's scary, but-"

"Are you ready to order or do you need more time?" The weightier comes back.

"I think we're ready to order," Ashton says. "Are you?"

"Yeah," I say. "I'll have two avocado rolls." I close my menu.

"I'll have a spicy tuna roll and a crunchy yellow bass roll."

"Okay. That's all?"

"Yeah," Ashton says. "For now." He grins and I roll my eyes making the weightier laugh.

"It will be right out."

Once he leaves, Ashton looks at me. "So are you coming on tour or what? I gotta' make the reservations if you are."

I don't think twice about it anymore: "I'll go."

"Really? I mean, cool. Cool."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi there! I'm SO SORRY this took so long to update. My chapters are short, sorry. But the good thing is, Ashton finally asked Mavis on tour! What do you think she'll say? *hint hint* lol

Comment, rec, and subscribe for us? We'd love to know what you all think about this. All of your comments mean so much to us. Hopefully we'll be able to update this more now? We'll see. :/

Thanks for reading our story!! :))