Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Mavis

I wish I was like Kat.

She's the one everyone loves to be around. She's fun. She's loud and crazy. She's a people person and she's likable. She knows how to mingle and flirt with boys without a problem. She loves parties because she knew how to have fun without being awkward.

Me? Well, I'm the exact opposite. I'm the person who stands awkwardly in the corner watching everyone have fun. I'm the person who embarrasses themselves over nothing. I'm the one who doesn't have fun at parties who isn't likable. I don't even drink.

I hate this. I hate this a lot. I don't want to go to this stupid party, but Kat already told her friend Calum that I'm coming. They're expecting me. There's nothing I can do about it. I have to go. 'Thanks Kat,' I think to myself bitterly. 'Thanks a lot.'

I'm just happy that the party isn't formal. I don't like wearing dresses because they're too uncomfortable and I look awful in them. I'm not a tomboy or anything. I'm just not one for dresses.

"I can't wait for the party!" Kat grins as she continues to drive to the mall. She's dragging me to go shopping. She wants to pick out outfits for the party. "Try to have fun. Cal is going to introduce is to his friends. So, it won't be too bad."

"Are his friends boys?" I ask.

"Well, yes! I mean, what'd you expect them to be? Monkeys?" Kat laughs.

I roll my eyes at that. I'm never good around boys. I always make a fool out of myself. Even if they are monkeys, I'll embarrass myself one way or another. How fantastic is this? Let me answer that: it's not.

We find an empty parking spot. It's tight and in the back, but we take it. If we didn't, we would keep driving in circles for hours trying to find one. Kat parks the car perfectly and turns it off. She puts the keys inside her purse. We unbuckle our seatbelts. We open the door and climb out.

I close the door behind me. Kat locks the car and we walk to the doors and enter the mall. It's not crowded, which is good. I hate malls. They're too stuffy and crowded for my liking. But today wasn't that bad. As you can see, I don't like anything.

"We're going to Forever 21. Then, we can go food at the food court and get lunch. Sound good?"

"Sounds good," I say.

We walk to Forever 21. It's on the second floor. I haven't been to a mall in months. Kat goes all the time. She usually goes without me. And I'm happy that she does. She used to bug me to go with her, but I always refused of made up some lie saying why I couldn't go. But she knew my lies were fake. She knew me too well.

Kat and I enter Forever 21. The music pounds throughout the store and gives me a bad headache. If my headache stays, maybe I can use that as a excuse to get out of the party. It's lame a lame excuse and knowing Kat, she won't let me leave.

We start to shop. It's an okay store. But the clothes are something I'll never wear. Only on special occasions. Like this stupid party. I don't even count that as a special occasion. But I bet you anything that Kat does.

"What about this?" Kat asks. She holds up a bright, red shirt with a collar. It has a million polka dots all over it.

"I actually like it," I say.

With my answer, Kat drapes the shirt over her arm. Now, she helps me find something to wear. I turn down most of the outfits she picks out. She's getting upset at me but I don't like any of them. I like picking out clothes for myself so I end up on the other side of the store away from Kat.

We continue to look around. I move clothes aside that hang on the hanger trying to find a semi-nice outfit to wear. I find a couple of outfits I like, but not as many as Kat. She loves to shop.

I still need to try on. Kat and I walk to the dressing rooms and we try on our clothes. We end up buying everything we tried on. We shop for another two hours. Maybe more. When I can't take it anymore, I tell Kat and she says we we can go home.

"I can't believe how much stuff we bought!" Kat says.

"Yeah. We did buy a lot." I say as we walk to the car.

When we reach her car, Kat unlocks it. We place our bags in the back seat and we climb back inside. Kat starts the car and we head towards home.

"I wonder what songs they're gonna play. Cal is hiring a DJ." Kat tells me.

"Wow," I say. "How much does DJ cost ,anyway?"

"Who knows, but it's probably a lot." Kat says. "But he can afford it."

"Well, yeah. Life styles of the rich and famous." I grumble. Kat looks at me.

"Yeah, well. Don't ask how much it costs. It's rude."

"I know. I'm not going to." I say. "I hope it's not as bas as I think."

"It won't. Trust me, Mavis."

I hope she's right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited as of December 2nd, 2015.