Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Mavis

We have been at the party for twenty minutes and I'm having a horrible time.

I look around the room. Everyone is mingling and having a good time. Everyone but me. I knew that was going to happen.

I sigh and sit on the couch by myself. I look at iPhone pretending to look busy,

I see Kat across the room. She's already talking to a boy. He has dirty blond hair and a lip ring. He's kind of cute. They look like they're having a fun time. So, I decide to suffer and stay in Calum's house just for her. I know I will end up leaving early.

Suddenly,I feel the couch dip. I look to my left and see a very good-looking boy now sitting next to me. He's holding two drinks. He turns and faces me with a kind smile. My heart beats fast.

"I bought you a drink. I hope that's okay." He says. He hands a bottle of Bud Light. I hesitate but take the bottle from him.

"Thanks." I say. "You didn't have to."

"I know." He says with a smile that blows me away,. "I wanted to."

I blush at his words. I take a small sip. The beer is bitter for my liking. I usually don't drink beer. But since a really, really, really cute boy gave it to me! I kind of have to. He sits next to me. I wrack my brain trying to think of something else to say. Nothing.

"I'm Ashton." He introduces himself.

"Mavis." I say.

"That's an interesting name." He says.

I nod my head. "I convince myself that my mom named me after Mavis from Hotel Transylvania. It's my favorite movie."

He laughs. "I've never seen it."

"I suggest you do."

"You look like your having fun." He says.

I snort, which makes him laugh. I take another tiny sip of my beer. "I'm having loads of fun."

"Which is why I came and joined you."

"Well, thank you for that."

"No problem."

I look at him. I think he's very handsome. He has dimples (something I always liked on boys). He's wearing this bandana thing around his head. He's wearing a nice button down shirt, jeans that aren't too skinny. Just perfect.

I'm more relaxed as we talk. I'm actually having fun. I'm not embarrassing myself. I'm laughing and smiling. I'm talking a lot, too. I have a gut feeling it's because of him.

"How long have you been living with Kat?"

"Like, forever." I say. "She's my beat friend."

"Oh, that's nice." He smiles. "Calum says Kat talks about you a lot."

"Good things, I hope." I ask kind.

"Yeah, only good things." He laughs. "I don't think she's said a single bad thing about you,

"Good," I say in relief.

"Wanna tell me about yourself?"

"Hm," I say with a smile. "What do you want to know?"

"Whatever you want to tell me."

I nod. I mostly talk about Kat because she talks about me. And as I tell Ashton, he looks interested. Ashton grins and listens. He asks questions at the right time and he even laughs at some things I say.

I like Ashton.

I end up handing him my phone. He takes it and puts in his number. He hands me his phone. I put in my number. And we talk for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited as of December 2nd, 2015