Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Kat

We make our way into the theater after Luke buys the tickets. We were going to see Unfriended. He insisted on getting mine, even with me telling him god knows how many times I’d get mine myself before I gave in. I was used to paying for things on my own and it’s always been that way but this was nice for a change. I feel eyes on me as we walk in after buying our tickets.

“Want snacks or anything, Kat?” Luke asks as we stand there in the front lobby near the place where you could buy refreshments and things.

“No thanks, I’m good, you could get something if you want,” I tell him with a hint of a smile and shake my head, kindly telling him no.

“You sure?” he asks with that contagious smile of his.

“I’m sure,” I laugh and roll my eyes playfully.

Luke goes and gets himself a drink and some popcorn to snack on during the film. After he pays for his snacks, we begin to head into the theater so we can wait for our film to start. When we walk into the dimly lit theater, we begin to search for a good place to sit. There was a good amount of people already here in the theater so it’s a good thing we got in here when we did, because it was close to starting.

We take our seats near the top in a row where there wasn’t any people sitting. Luke and I chat quietly amongst each other while we wait for the movie to start. Pretty soon, the lights dim in the theater and we sit back as we wait for it to start. I take that moment to silence my phone and set it back in my bag that was on my lap.

The previews of new up and coming films are pretty good. When the trailer for the newer version of Poltergeist showed, I couldn’t help but jump a bit. Scary movies hardly freak me out; it’s just the thrill of when something happens that you aren’t expecting. I feel Luke move his arm a bit closer to mine and grab my hand in his. A smile makes its way to my lips as he takes my hand. He laces his fingers through mine and I can’t help but smile as he does that.

The movie soon begins. Every so often, there were people shrieking at scary parts, me included. During a scary part when I would jump, Luke would squeeze my hand, which I thought was cute. It ended up being pretty good. After we exit the theater, Luke and I make our way outside to the front.

“What did you think of the movie?” I ask as I look over at Luke, a small smile on my face.

“It was good,” he replies and looks at me.

“Want to get some frozen yogurt?” he asks after a minute of silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence but a comfortable one and I didn’t mind it one bit. That thought made me smile. I was really starting to Luke, and I wasn’t shy to admit it. Hell, I’m not shy about most things.

“Sure, that sounds good,” I tell him with a smile. He returns the smile and I feel him pull on my hand as he leads me back to where he parked his car. It takes us a minute to get back to his car. We are soon on our way to a nearby frozen yogurt shop. Luke turns the radio on as we begin driving. It took me a minute to recognise what song was playing, it was a song by Blink-182. All The Small Things was playing, which was one of my favorite songs.

“I love this song!” I exclaim as Luke continues to drive, his eyes on the road.

“Me too! Blink is my favorite band!” he replies with a laugh.

The whole drive over to the frozen yogurt shop, we sing along with random songs that come on the radio and talk a bit amongst each other. By the time we pull into the lot, we are both laughing and trying to calm ourselves down. I soon glance up to see that we had stopped moving and were parked in a spot. I put my purse over my shoulder as Luke and I climb out of the car.

As we approach the doors of the shop, he pulls the door open for me. I smile and mutter a “thank you” to him and walk inside. This place was cool; I’ve been here once before with Mavis, I think. As soon as you enter, there are a bunch of machines with all different kinds of yogurt and then a whole line of all sorts of toppings. I smile politely at a girl in a work uniform who greets us after we walk in.

I grab a small bowl so I can begin to decide what flavor I wanted. There was so much to choose from, so many choices, ranging from chocolate to birthday cake flavored. This was going to take a while. I soon decide on getting some regular vanilla along with a small bit of chocolate. After I fill the cup up with my yogurt, I make my way over to where the toppings were. There was so many, I couldn’t decide on what I wanted to get. I soon decide on some rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips and strawberries. As I look at the cup of frozen yogurt in my hand, my mouth begins to water. I couldn’t wait to dig in and eat it.

I make my way to the cash register so I could wait for Luke. A good few minutes later, Luke is standing beside me, his bowl filled with yogurt and a few too many toppings. “You place them here, and you pay by the ounce,” the girl tells me and points to the scale in front of the cash register. I nod my head and place my cup on there. Luke places his next to mine.

As I begin to pull out my wallet to pay, Luke pays the girl and tells her to keep the change. I smile at him and turn my gaze to the floor when I realise he was staring back. I reach for my yogurt and pick it up, careful to drop it, and grab a miniature spoon from a holder. We go take a seat at one of the small little tables around the place. A few of the other tables were occupied by a few families, one set of parents with younger children, and a few middle aged people.

“I could have paid for that, you didn’t have to,” I tell him before I take a bite of my yogurt. Luke sat beside me, eyes on the frozen treat that he was holding in his hands.

“I wanted to, plus, I don’t mind,” he replies and I notice him smile a bit and shift his gaze to the floor away from my eyes. “I don’t want you to spend your money, it’s the least I could do, Kat,” he smiles and takes a bite of his yogurt.

“Fine, but I’m going to pay you back somehow,” I tell him with a small smile.

The two of us chat as we enjoy our yogurt. We laugh about random things that come to mind and chat about everything, from things about each of our families, to random quirks about each other that no one else knows about. I like how easy it is to talk to him, I really do. I am in the middle of telling him something funny I used to do when I was a young kid when he blurts out something.

“I-uh…Kat, I know this is sudden, and quite random, but I…I r-really like you,” he mumbles and stares down at his cup of yogurt in his hands and moves his spoon around the cardboard cup. I stay silent as I begin to piece my thoughts together. Did that really just happen? I think to myself as I take a small bite of my yogurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all! I know, it's been SO long since I last updated - I've just been so busy with life and figuring everything out.

I hope you all like the chapter!! It would mean a lot to let us know what y'all think! Comment, recommend, subscribe for us...please?:)

Ashley's up next with her chapter!!