Sequel: The Vampires of Today

Soaring in the End

1/1

The sun was setting in the west, creating a tie-dye effect in the sky. My skin burned with what little rays where left in the day, but I didn't care. I was dying of thirst, and in need of prey. I left the cave with my mother still in her slumber and sprinted north. The brush was thick and all different mixes of green. As I sniffed the air I inhaled a scent that I never came across in my 50 years on this earth.

Too curious for my own good, I followed the trail of the scent. I came dashing out of bushes and crashing right into the strange scent. I quickly hopped back up to my feet, ready to fight. I gazed upon my prey, only to find it looking almost exactly the same form as I was. Could it possibly be another vampire?

"What are you?" I demanded, "You don't look like any animal I have seen in this forest."

The creature groaned and slowly sat up.
"Of course I'm not an animal!" It snapped at me, "Well...humans are technically animals though..."

I jumped back, startled that It talked back to me. This creature claimed to be a human? I remember my mother warning me about humans. Ugly creatures that hate our kind. I looked back at this human, but this one wasn't ugly. It had similar features that I did.

"So what's your name?" The Human rose appearing taller then me.

Taking another step back, I replied, "Eleanor."

"Huh, kind of an old school name, but still very pretty," Extending a hand out to me, "My name is Brian."

I sniffed the hand of the human that called itself Brain. Quickly pulling it back, Brian slowly asked,
"So what are you doing out here?"

"I live here."

"How old are you?"

"I have lived on this Earth for 50 years. Not very long."

"Yeah right, and I'm 100 years old!" Brian laughed, "You woods people sure are weird!"

There was a small moment of silence between us before I asked, "Are you thirsty?"

"I'm not thirsty, but you can have some of my water since you don't have anything," Brain took off a strange contraption from his back that had many hiding pouches. He then grabbed a clear weak bottle out. Brain handed the bottle over to me.

"What is this?" I asked taking the bottle.

"It's water, silly!"

This was not what I wanted. For someone as intelligent as Brian, I thought it would know how to cure my thirst. I looked up into its eyes, and felt funny inside. What was happening? Without thinking I took a step closer to Brain. I took in the scent of Brian again to find it musky and calming to me. I then noticed how I liked Brains dark shabby hair. I began to trace the veins on the neck.

"So, I couldn't help but notice you are a very pretty girl," Brain flushed. I didn't say anything, but I could pick up some fear inside him. I stopped and looked into his eyes.

"I'm...sorry..." That is what you say when you do something you shouldn't be doing. I shouldn't even be out here interacting with a Human right now.

Brian wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me close to him. I didn't know what was happening, but I liked it. Within moments his lips where pressed against mine. They were soft, but I could feel the blood rushing through them. He was offering his blood to me. I opened my mouth just the slightest bit, and then sunk my fangs into his bottom lip.

Immediately Brian tried to push me away. I grabbed on tight around his wrists, crushing his bones with my strength. Moaning cries were coming from the human as I teared through the bottom lip. I let go and blood was pouring out of his mouth.

"Oh god, OH GOD!" Brain wailed, "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

I licked the blood from the mouth, and then moved onto the neck. Pushing the human to the ground, I jumped on top and ripped open the side of the neck. Blood was splurtting all over. Brain's screams have soften with chocking now. As Brain began to die I started to suck the body dry of blood. It was the sweetest blood I had ever drank in my life. From the moment I had laid on this human I knew it was going to be my prey.